Fragmaster's comments

S

slapdragon

OK, so now the Half-Life 2 delay has finally been officially confirmed by Valve. They're, "currently targeting a holiday release," which is the same thing Vivendi told us back in July.

Like I've said (endlessly), I don't care for how Valve handled this situation. They should have confirmed the delay earlier, not one week away from HL2's supposed release. I think telling the European press at ECTS (less than a month ago) that the, "release date is unchanged," was irresponsible. Good marketing? Maybe. A nice way to treat your fans? No.

That being said, dwelling on the delay won't do anyone any good. Bitching and moaning about it won't accomplish a damn thing. The bottom line is that Half-Life 2 is going to ship eventually, and it's almost certainly going to be worth the wait. In the meantime, there are still plenty of other games and HL mods to play.

==

And in the forum thread:

Boy, that sure was interesting. Now I can finally shut the hell up. :)

EDIT: I hope you guys understand why I've been such a retard about the delay stuff. I strongly believe Valve should have been more forthcoming and honest to their most loyal fans.

It would have been a hell of a lot easier for me to just keep my big mouth shut and pretend like the game wasn't delayed, but I'm not a very big fan of bullshit.

But it's over now, and let's move on. Hooray!

==

Wow, no "I TOLD YOU SO'S" :/

You missed his .wav file of a rabid winey Half-Life fan saying "I KNOW IT'S NOT DELAYED YOU RETARD!" last week. He posted it in one of the news headline comments so I don't think many people saw it.

ima go cry myself to sleep, i hate my life

" GABE DONT CALL ME, I DONT LOVE YOU ANYMORE! "

i have a autographed tshirt and poster coming in the mail from valve, if this delay is true, they will be getting it back.

Originally posted by SilentKilla
i have a autographed tshirt and poster coming in the mail from valve, if this delay is true, they will be getting it back.

I'll...um...private message you their return address.

Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer
I'll...um...private message you their return address.

Ditto.

And I'm glad that at least Fraggy didn't act like an idiot.
However, I would've loved to have seen him in costume giving free copies on a corner.
*sigh.

No, I WILL!

Send it to MY Valve address! It's the REAL one!

Nov 19th, place your bets.

wow 10,000 people ripping valve already, ill be pissed only and when i see gabe say IT WAS DELAYED, untill then, the release date is the 30th of Sept.

Yeah sure you ****ing prick, the release date is still 30th september!!!

He was right.
I said he was right as of last tuesday, when it became to late for the game to make it.

and I got flamed for it.

weee.

and rightly so :)
jking lol.

oh well, just have to countdown to Kill BIll, then HL2, then the Last Samurai, etc

Back