Frustration...(Spoilers)

A

adobopower

First off, I am not here to bash the game. This game is great, I like it alot, but there are just somethings I have to get off my chest...THIS IS THE SINGLE MOST FRUSTRATING GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I still havent beaten it, why? Because I havent been playing it. Why? Simple because, I am sick and tired of the bs this game gives me. I decided to play it again, thinking, hey I havent finished the game yet, so why not do it before the "HL2DM" comes out. So I start it up and well...the frustration doesnt go away.

Right now, I am on the level where you have to set up the turrets and kill all the soldiers that come your way. This level, is THE definition of frustration. I have set up the turrets numourous ways, and still dont get great results. I finally found a set up that is great and kills em off, but all of the sudden, 1...yes 1 freaking solider comes and ruins it. Yes, only 1, not a group, but 1. Then all of the sudden, after he knocks down the turrets, poof, 3 show up, have to fight them off, then poof another group shows up. Finally kill em all, but yet again...1 soldier ruins it by killing me from far away. I am sick and tired of the bs. Not only this, but come on...the physics. Oh you people say its great, oh oh. Come on, you honestly havent played through the entire game without the physics getting in your way and killing you?

Another thing that pisses me off, is picking up the turrets when they are on the ground...COME ON. Freakin hordes of soldiers are after you, but yet, you cant pick up the turret and set it because its laying down and sometimes it doesnt flip up right away. I can seriously say, I hate this game. The frustration is so high, I want to explode. There is alot more that just drives me off the wall, but I'm not getting into that and making this thread long.

Again...I'm not here to bash the game. I like it, but then again I hate it so much, I just want to explode. The frustration level for me is so high up there, I really dont want to play it anymore. Flame on, if you must, but you all know...you have had frustrating moments in this game.

slightlyretarded said:
dont be a noobert

I knew someone is going to call me a noob. And no slick, I am not. I have great aim, movements and everything. I have been playing FPS for years, so please...dont call me a noob, when you have no idea.

That level was pretty hard. You know what I did to solve it? I went completely ballistic, running like a madman picking up manhacks and slicing combine, throwing barrels like a crazed kid with ADHD, and vaporized the fools with a pulse rifle.

i found the easiest way to do this is just set 2 up where the combine come, and hold the 3rd one and run around, let the turret in your hand shoot the guys. It also acts as a shield. Just try to find a spot where you can get behind cover, but be close enough to quickly put the turrets back up. Also use the grav gun if the turret is too far away to reach without getting shot. Also use your good ammo here, like your grenades, secondary shotgun shot ect.

Once you get it you will be happy, keep at it :D

you know you can save at anytime, each time you kill just 1 soldier save, always run (dont use flashlight it will drain energy even faster) and use shotgun secondary to their head, if you have rockets save em if there is 3 or more groups of combine and make sure you are at a safe distance, use health packs that are in the room

i swear to god that was the most frustrating thing in the whole game for me too but i finally managed to kill it properly (without any cheap tricks) and on normal mode after about 10 tries....

there are many methods to completing this level, all you needa do is to search the forums

one method that i heard of but havent tried is when you set up the turrets back in their original starting position but facing outward and you set yourself up in the empty compartiment just killing soldiers that enter your view...

Shadow][ said:
you know you can save at anytime, each time you kill just 1 soldier save

OO...I am going to cry...I actually got all the way to the end, where the chick talks to you and then poof, I die...:(

whats the key for saving again?

You can bring another turret from the previous section. Makes it a bit easier. :naughty:

adobopower said:
First off, I am not here to bash the game. This game is great, I like it alot, but there are just somethings I have to get off my chest...THIS IS THE SINGLE MOST FRUSTRATING GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. I still havent beaten it, why? Because I havent been playing it. Why? Simple because, I am sick and tired of the bs this game gives me. I decided to play it again, thinking, hey I havent finished the game yet, so why not do it before the "HL2DM" comes out. So I start it up and well...the frustration doesnt go away.

Right now, I am on the level where you have to set up the turrets and kill all the soldiers that come your way. This level, is THE definition of frustration. I have set up the turrets numourous ways, and still dont get great results. I finally found a set up that is great and kills em off, but all of the sudden, 1...yes 1 freaking solider comes and ruins it. Yes, only 1, not a group, but 1. Then all of the sudden, after he knocks down the turrets, poof, 3 show up, have to fight them off, then poof another group shows up. Finally kill em all, but yet again...1 soldier ruins it by killing me from far away. I am sick and tired of the bs. Not only this, but come on...the physics. Oh you people say its great, oh oh. Come on, you honestly havent played through the entire game without the physics getting in your way and killing you?

Another thing that pisses me off, is picking up the turrets when they are on the ground...COME ON. Freakin hordes of soldiers are after you, but yet, you cant pick up the turret and set it because its laying down and sometimes it doesnt flip up right away. I can seriously say, I hate this game. The frustration is so high, I want to explode. There is alot more that just drives me off the wall, but I'm not getting into that and making this thread long.

Again...I'm not here to bash the game. I like it, but then again I hate it so much, I just want to explode. The frustration level for me is so high up there, I really dont want to play it anymore. Flame on, if you must, but you all know...you have had frustrating moments in this game.

Sounds like this is the 1st fps game you ever played :/ We got a noob here lets help this dude. 1st start with doom then go to hl1 then deus ex then farcry etc etc maybe that will help :p

adobopower said:
OO...I am going to cry...I actually got all the way to the end, where the chick talks to you and then poof, I die...:(

whats the key for saving again?

i dont think its binded, but just press escape and save game

i did it on hard on my third try, wanna know how??
i threw all the turrents onto the second floor, than stacked some boxes and jumped up there myself.... the combine cant get up there, and they get slaughtered by the turrets and your not even in their field of vision. all you have to do is take out the stray manhacks that come your way. HAHA it was pretty f*in funny, im on 100 health and 75 power and they didnt touch me even once :D:D you have to stack the boxes before getting the turrets out tho otherwise the combine come too fast

PS the save key is F6

it should be bound to F6 by default. F5 is screenshot so you can take a picture after you beat it and revel in your glory.

I beat that section on my first try on hard difficulty with no problems. :p

All you need to do to set the turrets up correctly is to lift them up a bit when you pick them up. Once they're off the floor, they shift to the right angle.
It's sketchy if you use the manip though. Just use your hands.

pick up the turrets with the gravity gun if they fall.

I beta that part easily, the next part is just suicide. Literally there are 200 combine guys that come in groups of like 5. And ALyx is just saying "dont worry gordon im coming soon" the bitch comes once u cill all of them.

I spent like 45 minute son just that part finall i stopped calmed down drank a coke and started playing again for another 30 minutes THEN i beat those sum bitches.

literraly there are liek 200 of them coming. And there is a health and suite thing right infront of you but u sont have time to get it becxasue the next group of 5 come! OMG! I HATED THAT PART!!!

I backed myself into a little room and put all three turrets in front of me (just inside the room). When you have to set them back up, just raise them high into the air and make sure nothing is beneath them - they should reorient themselves properly. Keep your gravity gun handy to lob any incoming granades back at them. Take out the manhacks with the shotgun. As was already mentioned, holding a turret in front of you is a great trick. Keep launching granades and plasma balls at them and you should be OK. Use the gravity gun to collect any heath packs from fallen soldiers. It seems to me that being able to swap weapons quickly is the key to this level, also, be sure to have everything set-up as you want before you place the third turret.

Back