Full script leaked !!??

Reaction score
I got this email this morning from a forum that has just opend that I am registerd with.

Hi MrBlue,

Valve Accidentally Releases Full Half-Life 2 Script

New Counter-Strike: Source Weapons Pictures

The new Bink video is availale for download

Hope to see you there!

Valve Accidentally Releases Full Half-Life 2 Script, that doesnt sound good at all :(

Apparently, the HL2 dialogue files were/are in the CS:S cache.

Gah....

Well, I suppose it was inevitable after all. Still, I loathe the thought of all the goobers just DYING to spoil it for us. :p

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I was going to look around the cache before I read this. :O

Great, that means I'm probably not going to be around on the forums much longer.

Silly Valve.

*Note to self: Dont go near any HL2 threads anymore, fear of spoilers*

:(

Wait, didn't Valve say they were going to release all the unchanged audio and textures or something? How could Valve accidently release all the audio files? You would think someone would catch something that big? Maybe they did it on purpose. I don't know.

CTTcrew_MrBlue said:
They would never do it on purpose there not that foolish...

are they?
Well just look at the stuff that has been stolen/cracked/leaked/whatever so far.

Timelines and security. Two things Valve aren't very good at.

Mr-Fusion said:
Well just look at the stuff that has been stolen/cracked/leaked/whatever so far.

Timelines and security. Two things Valve aren't very good at.
But isn't this different? With this, Valve released all of it themselves, it wasn't stolen or anything (I think). I really doubt Valve would make such a huge mistake and miss that they were releasing all the dialogue files too.

Valve has been fooling us the whole time, and these audio files are just the nail in the coffin. They haven't revealed the real plot of HL2, city 17 was just a filler.

Silly Valve? Right....they put the files in the cache. It's your own damn fault if you find spoilers in there.

Pi Mu Rho said:
Silly Valve? Right....they put the files in the cache. It's your own damn fault if you find spoilers in there.
But it isn't when other people post them in thread titles.

Varsity said:
But it isn't when other people post them in thread titles.
Yeah, I think that's what most of us are worried about. I really hope we don't see something in the next couple of days where a title says "Alyx dies at the end" or whatever. HL2 is really one of the first games I don't want spoiled for me. Could there be something changed on the forum where like someone makes a thread, it doesn't get posted until a mod sees it and then confirms it or something and then it shows up. Is that possible?

That would take way too long and you'd need about 3 mods on at a time just monitoring this forum

TheOriginalEvil said:
[what could be construed as a spoiler.]

Why does everyone with spoiler knowledge always try to say just enough to wreck something without being banned?
I didn't want to know that. :flame:

Pi Mu Rho said:

But why The CS:S cache? If it was in an encypted cache for Half-Life 2, I'd understand. And I'm not going to look in the cache, but other people are and some of them will want to spoil it for the rest of us.

Pi|Mu|Rho, Do you know if this is true? And what files are they? The dialogue in a text file, sound files?

Dark Auro said:
Yeah, I think that's what most of us are worried about. I really hope we don't see something in the next couple of days where a title says "Alyx dies at the end" or whatever. HL2 is really one of the first games I don't want spoiled for me. Could there be something changed on the forum where like someone makes a thread, it doesn't get posted until a mod sees it and then confirms it or something and then it shows up. Is that possible?

hahah i dont think that would be physically possible. theres not a mod on this forum 24 hours a day.... or is there???

yea i saw that when i was checking the cache file
when i realized i was reading the HL2 script i closed it !
i didnt read any spoilrs tho :D *phew*

DigiQ8 said:

GO DAMMIT YOU MEAN THIS IS 100% TRUE!!! after this post i am never coming back to this forum or any other half life 2 forum till ive finished half life 2.

DigiQ8 said:
Wait, did Valve release the audio files or the actual text of the script?

dillingerx said:
GO DAMMIT YOU MEAN THIS IS 100% TRUE!!! after this post i am never coming back to this forum or any other half life 2 forum till ive finished half life 2.
yep its 100% true

EDIT : no just the actual text of the script (.txt file)

And that's why it's silly by Valve. All this time trying not to release spoilers and then they do something like this.

Feath said:
And that's why it's silly by Valve. All this time trying not to release spoilers and then they do something like this.
i've also found some Multiplayers Files for HL2 there...

DigiQ8 said:
i've also found some Multiplayers Files for HL2 there...
Well its a CS:Source Cache file. so that doesn't prove much

If you spent much time with the original Half-Life file system you may remember a little file called Sentences which contained prefixes for all the voice files, well this is a similar thing, the only way your going to find it is if u deliberately go looking for it, and/or somone spams any usefull info from it over the forum!

I suggest we all cellotape our eyes shut and get Munro to poke us with a stick when the games out.

This is bad, looks like were all gonna be seeing some unwanted spoilers on these fourums in the next few weeks.

i think mods should DELETE any thread about spoilers from now on

They will, and they'll ban anyone who does it. But there's always going to be dickheads. Same thing happened with Far Cry after release. People started posting the story in the thread titles over at the official forums (Not that the story was any good in the first place)

if somone posts any kind of spoilers im gonna find you,gouge your eyes out and skull **** you. im serious too

dillingerx said:
if somone posts any kind of spoilers im gonna find you,gouge your eyes out and skull **** you. im serious too

gordon is a virgin!

QUiCKSILV3R said:
this just in hl2 has just been delayed again.

Erm, what?

Why would they delay because of this? They didn't change any content because of the leak, why would they change it because some people know the story?

Back