Fun Things u will do with the Manipulator Gun Post them Here !! :)

I read that Gabe said the Manipulator gets upgraded as you go throughout the game. So it must suck ass at the beginning : (

Originally posted by CommieX
That's what console commands are for.

I wanna pick up a headcrab and throw in onto Barney's head... WOOO that would be fun!

I really wonder how they're going to handle you killing important characters...will it do a fade-to-black type thing or will you just be ****ed?

I really wonder how they're going to handle you killing important characters...will it do a fade-to-black type thing or will you just be ****ed?

I hope ill be ****ed :)

not literally...

First thing i'm going to try out is attacking Alyx...I wonder if she will take a few hits and then whip out her wrench/ratchet?

doesn't anyone else remember when gabe said the manipulator will NOT affect living things? (ok you can affect a desk and drop it ONTO a living thing, thereby using the manipulator to affect if but i mean you cant lift up and living things with it)

Originally posted by Wraith
doesn't anyone else remember when gabe said the manipulator will NOT affect living things? (ok you can affect a desk and drop it ONTO a living thing, thereby using the manipulator to affect if but i mean you cant lift up and living things with it)

NOOO GOD NOOOO YOU BETTER BE WRONG!!! AHHHhhh That will be so dumb if it cant effect live things!!! *Cries*

tHE mANIPULATOR wont affect living things huh?

in the e3 600 meg video.. in the physics demonstration thing I clearly saw the manipulator gun pick up a dead body by the leg.. and throw it into a desk.. which then fell into the water..

even though the body is dead and all.. it still waz living.. so i think if dead can be affected why not living?

Originally posted by illspirit44
tHE mANIPULATOR wont affect >>LIVING<< things huh?

in the e3 600 meg video.. in the physics demonstration thing I clearly saw the manipulator gun pick up a >>DEAD<< body by the leg.. and throw it into a desk.. which then fell into the water..

30 days fellas.......30 days.....:) It's so close it's scary.

yet so far away
ah well at least valve was smart and announced the game 5 months before release. why cant more companies do this rather than announcing them right away, and making us wait for sometimes 3+ years
*cough*dukenukemforever*cough*

find barrel without a lid

carry it with me

find headcrabs, as many as will fit in barrel without them jumping out

find combine

toss the barrel at the combine

watch from safe distance and laugh

actually, just carrying a headcrab as your snark substitute woulc be fun...
muahaha

ummm...and to the poor uninformed soul that is now confusing others...

Gabe said that birds, etc can be picked up with the manipulator...
so that means living things CAN be picked up. (Check the Valve info thread)

Ahh that would be great if you can lift things and set them down without shooting them with the manipulator. It would be fun to try and trap a headcrab by dropping an open container on top of it.

It would be nice if you could disarm people.

Imagine only having the manipulator and the crowbar, you see a guard with a shotgun and his back turned. You sneak up on him, and pull his shotgun from his hands and blast him laughing as you see his surprise reaction.

:bounce:

I hope the fact that you cannot manipulate living things(?) is a design decision, not an engine limitation.. Mod anyone? :D

Hoaxer: As we know manipulator weapon allows us to pick up not to heavy objects. Will it be possible to use it on... birds for example? Or it can't pick up "alive" objects?

Gabe Newell: Sure.

I don't really know what he means by sure but.. it sounds like you can pick up birds. :)

Originally posted by M374llic4
I read that Gabe said the Manipulator gets upgraded as you go throughout the game. So it must suck ass at the beginning : (
Nah, I reckon it'll be upgraded so you can pick up much larger objects (than barrels, for example) and/or living things.
Although I'm sure I saw somewhere Gabe saying that although theoretically one could pick up living things/characters and enemies etc. they'd chosen to leave it out as a (wait for it...) "design decision." Although no doubt corpses are open to manipulatory goodness, I imagine.

As someone suggested, me and a buddy go into some multiplayer, he hops into a box or something and i pikc it up and see how far he can go :) Then we take turns

how about he hops in a car then you pick up the car with the manipulator and throw him.

what a ride that would be....

In multiplayer, everyone stands on a large wooden platform, then you pick up the platform with everyone on it, and lunge it any everyone at a obstacle course hanging in the air with moving spiked walls, rings of fire, cut eletrical wires swinging all over, and spinning sharp fans everywhere! I could make a map like that you know...

Originally posted by Wraith

If they stand on something else that CAN be lifted...

I'd pick up headcrabs and throw 'em at my fellow NPCs

pick up the strider after i kill it and chuck it around for fun lol..

Would it be possible to pick a strider up i mean since there's a weight limit and all. Well I guess you could if you change the weight limit from the console or something.

hey wouldnt this be a easy to way to take down the strider? pick up a car with the manipulator and throw it at the striders leg.. hehe im gonna try that..

Originally posted by illspirit44
tHE mANIPULATOR wont affect living things huh?

in the e3 600 meg video.. in the physics demonstration thing I clearly saw the manipulator gun pick up a dead body by the leg.. and throw it into a desk.. which then fell into the water..

even though the body is dead and all.. it still waz living.. so i think if dead can be affected why not living?

dead is not living by the word dead... you are implying that something is without life!

look at it this way if you could pick up living enemies what would stop you from just picking them up and launching them across the map?

that would be amazingly fun but very boring after a while!

therook
:bounce:

I realy want to know what would happen if I placed a large cardboard box over a Combine soldier's head with the manipulator. What the hell would he do?

I realy want to know what would happen if I placed a large cardboard box over a Combine soldier's head with the manipulator. What the hell would he do?

"....wha...WHAT THE ****!?!?!?!?!?!"

thats bout it. Then he gets squashed before he can run away :D

But he wouldn't get squashed because it's a cardboard box.

Yes, but he shouldn't be able to see anything, right? So would he flail, take it off, continue shooting, what?

My guess is he breaks into a stirring rendition of God Save The Queen while simulataneous doing Riverdance.

Originally posted by Bass
My guess is he breaks into a stirring rendition of God Save The Queen while simulataneous doing Riverdance.
Sweet.

Back