Fusion Pack Source Reviews

[9]Kannabis

Post your reviews here. Wanna get some info before downloading ;)

Imo it sucks, weapon models aren't that much better. HUD is WAYYY to small, and the victory music is waayyy to basy.

MaxiKana said:
Imo it sucks, weapon models aren't that much better. HUD is WAYYY to small, and the victory music is waayyy to basy.

"weapon models aren't that much better", do u mean that they are still better ?? or which gun models are a lot better ? plz tell me, cuz i'm going to install it, and don't feel like to reinstall the whole thing after.

Just installed and played for an hour, some nice models, dulies are nice and shiny :D I didnt like the voices to much, but I could get used to them, the dust maps look slightly different now too. Overall a decent pack, but nothing amazing. Give it a try.

I tried the fusion pack for about five minutes. Can't stand the aweful Trance music that plays After Every Single ROUND! I mean that's just my opinion, since I don't like trance music.

Also the voices were too... How should I say this... Personally done. I mean they are of good quality, but they just sound too different to the familiar Generic counter-strike Ones.

The weapon skins do look better, but by a really tiny margin, which I don't think would be worth it as they add nothing decent.

Overall, I suggest not installing it, unless you like trance and want a change from the original Tooltip sounds.

5/10

dekstar said:
I tried the fusion pack for about five minutes. Can't stand the aweful Trance music that plays After Every Single ROUND! I mean that's just my opinion, since I don't like trance music.

Also the voices were too... How should I say this... Personally done. I mean they are of good quality, but they just sound too different to the familiar Generic counter-strike Ones.

The weapon skins do look better, but by a really tiny margin, which I don't think would be worth it as they add nothing decent.

Overall, I suggest not installing it, unless you like trance and want a change from the original Tooltip sounds.

5/10
They're all from the Rainbow Six games IIRC.

ok i just tried, it, the only gun models that looks ok are ak and famas, the other are pretty bad, most of them look like the old fusion pack for cs 1.6

can someone post ingame screenshots?

Edit: To uninstall the pack all you have to do is remove the files right?

You can remove it by going to add/remove programs.

The terrorists wear green shirts instead, which at a distance makes them look kinda like CT's.

I for one like the pack, the guns models look roughly the same, and the end round music is fun... and the voices are RS i believe.

Would anyone like to send me the individual files for each weapon. Thats all I want and I'd prefer not to have to dig though all of the files. Or is tehre a way to seperate the instalation pack into individual files?

download the program to say your desktop and then go inside the folder and grab the files you need!

download the program to say your desktop and then go inside the folder and grab the files you need!

You cant, its an exe... its not like to old fusion packs.. you cant pick apart.. sucks.. i am not fond of all the weapon models.. but the sounds etc are good.

Is it just me or do the new gun sounds, sound horrible? awp sounds like a pea shooter so you never know where there might be one. and it sounds like all the sounds are the same.
imo of course

Possible to pick apart the .exe because I only want the new HUD, dont want to change any of my sound or models.

Possible?

Because i want the HUD, I dont want the models or sounds.

The HUD looks a bit brighter than the standard HUD, but the gun and character models look and sound poor, rather stick with defaults.

Yeah I just want a few of the weapon models. Nothing else.

well if it is a zip file you can just open it and extract a few like the guns

I love the new fusion pack. I think they made source better in everyway. Hell it even makes the framerate run more smoothly than before.

This pack is awesome. Sounds are very realistic, how can u say they suck? :)
I like skins too.
Awesome pack, I repeat.

IMO i thought the sounds were a bit underpowered. The desert eagle, for example, losed it's punch sound. IMO of course.

before fusion pack is needed cuz cs1,6 looks so urgly, but now css looks so good, the fusion pack isn't even on the bar with those original models, well, if u are running the game on low or medium, u won't see how much the original models are better, i have tested every gun model with max detail and max aa & af , only ak and fama look ok, the rest are so bad due to the reflection and the models itself. For example, the awp scope doesn't reflect correctly the environment in ur back anymore, the model of the gun with 50 round looks so bad, just a conversion of the old model to css. and many other models have some minor or major issue that makes it looks worse than the original model.

Well the radio sound is from rainbow six and the gun sounds are there since cs1,5, i'm getting pretty much bored with it.

Overall, i will give 6.5/10 to this version of fusion pack

it's a self-extracting zip file.. install to any dir u like and then replace the models/sounds u like :)

and about the pack... I loved it!!1 specially the music at the end of each round :cheese:

I like the pack, guns, skins, sounds etc. But ya the trance music at the end was a little much, so opted out and put some of my own music. Namely Pantera, suits it much better now its a really enjoyable pack.

8/10

I didn't like it. The scout is that of the Silver Skin pack, as is the CT skin (they just added those yellow letters) The player skins are too much alike (black head/black vest) that at distances, you can't tell the difference, and when you look at the radar to check, your already dead. I say don't download this trash :p

I'm with Pitz, only a quarter of the models are usable, the sounds are old and rehashed, and to cap it all the T's and CT's look so much alike its causing me ratio problems.

Bah.

the main reason i like it is for the new gun sounds i think they sound awesome and much more realalistic

jellydoughnut217 said:
the main reason i like it is for the new gun sounds i think they sound awesome and much more realalistic

well, if u're new to cs or skin pack stuff, those sound are new to u, but in fact fusion pack has existed for ages, those sounds are pretty old.

Also one of the reason why fusion pack has drawn so much hatrey from the modeling community is that they pick stuff created by other people then add them to their pack, and finally they put it on a server that require u to have a registed paid account to download them. well they have stopped doing that for a while, but some profs in the modeling communiting still hate them.

Download it if I were you. I mean it's not great but it's got some good stuff in there - the weapon sounds mainly. About 90% of it is pants but the good stuff is really great. I deleted all the weapon models and player sounds, as well as weapon reloading sounds - the only gun sounds I kept were the AWP, Scout, M4 Silenced (class lol, actually makes me better), mp5, FAMAS, Steyr AK47,USP and maybe a few more. These sounds are so much better than the default, that's the only reason you should download it. :)

The pack is now actually been taken offline. They used the original Source hands without VALVe's permission and it's copyrighted.

I installed and i thought it was crap. Models look horrid, gun sounds are all pretty much identicle, but i must admit the silenced M4 sound is nice.

Don't install it...

It has it's pros and cons, it needs some work to become better of course, I'll just throw out a couple things that I think need improvement.

On-the-ground gun models, some of them don't match the updated skins that you see when you're holding a gun (pefect example is the pistol the CTs start with).

The m4a1 has the cock on the opposite side that it is originally.

The AWP doesn't sound as mean or intimidating as before.

Some of the things I do enjoy though:

The different voices, I know they where ported over, but they're cool.

Some of the weapon skins are done very well, I like the improvement, especially on the sig552, and the Desert Eagle.

The color change in the uniforms is also very nice.

I personally enjoy having the more detailed weapon-names in the Buy screens.

Overall it's a nice mod to have, and it's simple to install/uninstall if you just want to try it out.

i like most of it, i removed the usp, the ending music, and a few other weapons, but all in all i like it quite alot.

screenshots...i'll see what i can do

Back