FYI: Low-end System FPS

good, info

but i advice everyone to wait before they update their hardware, like untill the game and his benchmarks are out.

Originally posted by PvtRyan
I very much doubt HL2 will run better than bf1942, bf1942 runs at 60 fps in intensive combat with everything on high. Idle the game does 110fps. And that's on a xp2000+ 512 ddr and a geforce 4, so DICE did a decent job I think.

i know exactly what he means....a game like BF1942 SHOULD have ran allot smoother...but it didnt and why? Because they released it to soon... (map changes= restart of the game???) please...

I hate that kinda shit, just make a good game that runs well and plays well and delay the game untill its finished! Like Valve does, and believe me, we are all gonna be very happy they did imo.

Originally posted by RedHat Assassin
My average framerate in HL2: 16.3 fps

I wouldn't know, because...

... THEY HAVEN'T RELEASED IT YET.

i run the game fine at 1024x768 with everything at full. where do you get to blow up a pile of wood though most effects like that dont work, i ant shoot at wood and make it fragment.

i have
athlon 1600xp
60g maxtor7200rpm
512 3200ddr
-only a g3ti500

In game i got 60fps when looking at stable pieces.. but as soon as i went into battle it went to 10-15fps... and this was at 1024*768res and 800*600.

basically i need a new vidcard..or maybe th finished product will be even more polished that i might play :p

Hehe, about the o/c'ing:

I have a cousin running a P4 2.4C 800mhz FSB @ 3.6, idle temps are 34C and full load 41C, but hes on 12v peltier cooling :/ .

Pretty awesome to see an overclock that high though, kinda makes you sucks youself up :).

Anways, i gues itll run ok ym on p4 2.4B 533mhz FSB, 512mb DDR333, and gf4mx440, 5400 rpm maxtor hd....altho im very like to get a new card b4 its out (w00t!)...anyways, gr8 to know it can run on lower-end systems, i can load it up on my backup system with a pIII 750 @ 1000ghz, 64mb Savage 2000, and 384mb PC133 SDRAM...heheheheh..WEll, cya guys!

Originally posted by cpu killer
Hehe, about the o/c'ing:

I have a cousin running a P4 2.4C 800mhz FSB @ 3.6, idle temps are 34C and full load 41C, but hes on 12v peltier cooling :/ .

Pretty awesome to see an overclock that high though, kinda makes you sucks youself up :).

Anways, i gues itll run ok ym on p4 2.4B 533mhz FSB, 512mb DDR333, and gf4mx440, 5400 rpm maxtor hd....altho im very like to get a new card b4 its out (w00t!)...anyways, gr8 to know it can run on lower-end systems, i can load it up on my backup system with a pIII 750 @ 1000ghz, 64mb Savage 2000, and 384mb PC133 SDRAM...heheheheh..WEll, cya guys!

if someone understood something please translate..

^Hahahaha!

How come this topic hasn't been closed yet?

I get around 60-90fps @ 1024x768.

XP 1800+ @ 2600+
9800 Pro @ Stock
A7N8X-X (Single Channel)

40-50ish @ 1280x960.

driving that sand buggy around is the coolest.. and the anti grav. gun is awesome the way it shows the estimated weight of an object once its suspended.

50 to 60 avg.

xp2100 @ to 2200 mhz on fan / 333 fsb
pc2700 @ 333
geforce 4200 , 128 ddr
19" LCD @ 1280/1024/32 // 75hz

I doubt the retail version will perform significantly better than the beta, the reason being that although the content is old and buggy it looks like the binaries are taken from the leaked source code which was pretty much final. Although saying that, some of the content may be optimised to give a slight boost in specific areas, but i doubt the retail will see a blanket improvement over the beta.
This is no bad thing though given that the beta engine apparently runs fine.

Well I will be happy with 50 - 60 fps with a ti4200. 4200's run in dx8 don't they ?

They can run in Direct X 9 if you have the latest drivers. I am running DX9 with a ti4200.

Originally posted by ray_MAN
They can run in Direct X 9 if you have the latest drivers. I am running DX9 with a ti4200.

:) that's because the Ti series is dx 9 'compatible', not dx 9 'compliant'. You can install dx 9 but all the dx 9 specific features won't be used.

The water is really beautiful. And the dune buggy is ablast to drive and run over people with.

One thing worth mentioning is that all of the levels (ranging from wide open outdoor areas to water filled levels) all run at the same FPS. So people won't have to turn down settings if they come upon an ocean view or a wide open level. The source engine handles everything well...its just a shame it runs in OpenGl, because that really detracts from it.

I actually belive that the beta is optimized quite well and is a good representation of final game code running on your machine, atleast the more complete levels.

Re: Re: FYI: Low-end System FPS

Originally posted by Uh-Oh
No no. That's EXACTLY what you should be getting. In fact... YOU ARE lucky the game runs so smooth. A 1.6gig 533 is okay (if you are an AMD nut, it's about an Athlon XP1700-1800). 128MB of ram, even Windows is slow with such a tiny amount (minimum to run winxp should be 256. If you are interested in games 512, if you are a nut like most of us... 1gig). For heaven's sake, even your hard drive is slow ! :eek: And that video card! My god! a GeForce FX 5200 is 60$!!! It's 128MB and way faster then that tiny thing. I bet even counter-strike in 800x600 isn't at 60FPS constent...

Anyways, I'm amazed you can even run the game! and 16-20 is way more then I expected for such a low computer. No offense, but most people are getting 16-20 in Halo 2 with twice that computer.

No offense taken, and btw, I get 100 fps in Counter-Strike running in 1024*768. Thank you very much.

Originally posted by manny_c44
The water is really beautiful. And the dune buggy is ablast to drive and run over people with.

One thing worth mentioning is that all of the levels (ranging from wide open outdoor areas to water filled levels) all run at the same FPS. So people won't have to turn down settings if they come upon an ocean view or a wide open level. The source engine handles everything well...its just a shame it runs in OpenGl, because that really detracts from it.

I actually belive that the beta is optimized quite well and is a good representation of final game code running on your machine, atleast the more complete levels.
Umm... it doesnt run in Open GL. Half-Life2 is a direct x game....

Originally posted by Letters
Why the Hell should it be closed... ?

Well people are disgussing the beta...I thought that was a good reason

anyone benchmarked with the pre-gold version? otherwise non of the shaders work properly

heres a thing it can run in opengl, since if u read the posts most poeple are asking how do u get into directx so the visauls will be better, anyone know when opengl 2.0 will be appearing and any cool faetures it will have?

well when i run steam its only cs that turns into Sir LagALot. TFC and opposing force and such run just fine. once or twice it'll go to like 3 or 4 fps and keep repeating the last motion (such as walking or firing or even looking a direction) but i got a decent system...

>1.67 Ghz AMD Athalon XP 2000+
>256 Mb DDR SDRAM
>Integrated ProSavage DDR KM266 graphics card with 32 MB shared video memory
60 GB Ultra DMA hard drive

WhAtZ wRoNg?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

1.5 runs fine most of the time but lags the same.

By the way if anyone has info on the following appearing in my Half-Life splash when i join a game plz private message me or IM me at Superiority7 on AIM

haha, here's mine

AVERAGE FPS 60fps+ never below 40fps even in intense battle out or indoors (maybe i could push it to 36fps but it was very very hard to do so)

SETTINGS: AA 4x AF 8x 1280x1024(windowed - cuase thats all i could do) with AIM, WINAMP, MIRC running and everything in the game cranked.

i love my 9800 :)
specs in my sig.

EDIT: everything in my sig is how it was when i ran it, nothing is oc'd.

2nd EDIT: oh i had EAX sound on aswell. You may not think this lags, but on my old comp i coudln't run EAX sound on cuase my fps shot down to low in Americas Army, maybe it was just an americas army glitch, but either way, the setting was on and you should know this.

Originally posted by Uh-Oh
The best is when You get to 99% and windows freezes. Good times

That woulnt matter because it saves as you download. So you can resume frm were u left off. I know because i was downloading something and the power went off. And it picked up right were it left off, at 89%.

Originally posted by AgentXen
That woulnt matter because it saves as you download. So you can resume frm were u left off. I know because i was downloading something and the power went off. And it picked up right were it left off, at 89%.

Unless you're using MS IE, then it's back to square one.

Well Well

I have read this whole thread and i would like to get some answers. I am getting around 40-60 fps although stat fps doesent show my framerate and i forget the commands. I think im running in dx 8 because my water shaders work etc. It runs super smooth most of the time but the huge city environments slow the game down somewhat and blowing wood up also does. No matter though it runs smooth and its only a beta....

my specs..
pentium 2.4 ghz
512 ddr 233 ram
geforce 4 ti 4400
maxtor 30 gig 7200rpm hd
asus motherboard...

but one thing....will there be much difference between running in dx 9 or dx 8..? and its running in opengl so how can i even use dx? does my geforce ti even run dx 9?
thnx all...

i have a ti4200 and it runs like smoothed womens legs on your tummy =) - 124x768 at the high setting 32 bit and was averaging about 30-40fps. Doom 3 runs alot better though funnily enough, 50fps average on that.

amd xp 2500+
9600pro
512mb ram
Gigabyte mobo

I run an everage of 30 to 45 fps at full settings, dx9, and 800x600.

Only problem I have is when I pull out the rocket launcher in the Buggy round it makes my system lag down horribly.

i cant see any slow down in the BETA so i assume i get 40+. Thats amd 2800+, 9800pro, 1024ddr, 4xAA, 8xAF.

Oh, btw...ITS A ****ING BETA.

and

IT WAS ****IGN HACKED

and this thread is gay. I bet i will rise at least 20 fps in the REAL game.

Originally posted by Quotidian---
haha, here's mine

AVERAGE FPS 60fps+ never below 40fps even in intense battle out or indoors (maybe i could push it to 36fps but it was very very hard to do so)

SETTINGS: AA 4x AF 8x 1280x1024(windowed - cuase thats all i could do) with AIM, WINAMP, MIRC running and everything in the game cranked.

i love my 9800 :)
specs in my sig.

EDIT: everything in my sig is how it was when i ran it, nothing is oc'd.

2nd EDIT: oh i had EAX sound on aswell. You may not think this lags, but on my old comp i coudln't run EAX sound on cuase my fps shot down to low in Americas Army, maybe it was just an americas army glitch, but either way, the setting was on and you should know this.

Speaking of your sig, IT'S TOO F'ING BIG .

I dont have the beta myself, but i tried the e3 maps at a friends house,
He was running it on a p4 2.4 with 1024 ram and a geforce ti4400 128 mb.

I was surprised it ran remarkably well.
never below 25 fps, and indoors at 50-60 fps.
Its coded really good so if your in a big enviroment and have a slower card, it locks your framerate at 30, giving you an illusion that it doesnt slow down, it works really good cause you dont see any sudden drops.

I have basically the same system but with a radeon 9800 pro so i am sure ill run it just fine :)

P3 @ 797Mhz
384 mb ram
Geforce 2 mx400

I can play the game if i look at the ground, average of 10-20 fps. I can get playable fps in a small room or small map. None of the effects look good at all.

"I can play the game if i look at the ground"
lol that made me laugh :)

Originally posted by manny_c44
Speaking of your sig, IT'S TOO F'ING BIG .

not only that...but hes lieing as well....there is something wrogn with the beta where if you do certain things your game crashes or goes to like 2 fps for a few seconds because of some memory leak bug. Of course this is just because its a shit beta. Anyways, try taking an RPG and going to the cool e3 tech demo room and shoot thing wood platform that has the barrels. It will **** up any system for a few seconds real nice.

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
P3 @ 797Mhz
384 mb ram
Geforce 2 mx400

I can play the game if i look at the ground, average of 10-20 fps. I can get playable fps in a small room or small map. None of the effects look good at all.

lol, u poor humble biomass

Originally posted by Ridic
not only that...but hes lieing as well....there is something wrogn with the beta where if you do certain things your game crashes or goes to like 2 fps for a few seconds because of some memory leak bug. Of course this is just because its a shit beta. Anyways, try taking an RPG and going to the cool e3 tech demo room and shoot thing wood platform that has the barrels. It will **** up any system for a few seconds real nice.

Yeah I noticed a few of these "memory leak" instances as well, or the beta would just crash, as you mentioned. Its obviously not anywhere near the finished product, but it is a tantalizing look of things to come.

hello? whats up with my system? 1.67 gig processor, 256 ddr sdram, should run fine..... used to until i had a LAN party..... cant format, mom's in the middle of preparing for a wedding..... one of my friend had a bunch o hax and i guess someone put them on since my hl splash when i try to join a server ( if i can get it running) has the words "Powered by Y.A.S.H." gawd someone help!!!!

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
P3 @ 797Mhz
384 mb ram
Geforce 2 mx400

Oh wow you just described my computer :cool:

[brag]hmm i got a better videocard than anyone in these forums[/brag]

i avg about 70fps at 16x12
dx9 of course

:)

Back