G4 claims you play as Alyx

OvA

Reaction score
I know this is old for most of you, but I was surprised for there not to be a thread on the fact that G4TV's Morgan Webb claims you will play as both Alyx and Gordon in Aftermath.

This smells like BS to me, but the fact that Doug Lombardi was there on Gphoria makes me wonder. I truly hope you play as just gordon, or atleast just one character. What do you guys think?

i think that they need to bring tech tv back and take out the bullshit known as g4

G4 speak absolute crap. They lie, spew crap and know **** all about games.

jmjneary said:
g4 can stay if i get back screensavers

well i still say that they have to go if they do bring it back. and wtf is attack of the show? i was watching it the other night and i thought that it was one of the worst things that g4 has made (although i must say that the animated cartoon characters were funny)

Grimfox said:
I hope we dont have to play as alyx, she doesn't shut up..gordon is quiet and that's the way it should be.

thats just the way some of them are...

Who will I believe hmm:

G4: who are crap and always lie about everything (Halo 2 better than HL2 no way)

Or Valve Makers of the best FPS ever (Half Life, and HLS) and the makers of the addon.

Hmm its obvious G4:hmph:

G4 gave Halo 2 best boss battle when the boss battles were trash, and not to mention the scarab (which won the award) wasn't even a boss. This immediately makes them a bunch of tossers.

Samon said:
G4 gave Halo 2 best boss battle when the boss battles were trash, and not to mention the scarab (which won the award) wasn't even a boss. This immediately makes them a bunch of tossers.

I agree 100%

Has Valve commented? Did they ever confirm or deny?

Playing as two characters in a Half-Life game... That's not Valve's style, never that they would do something like that.
I wouldn't be surprised if G4 came out and said "Gordon will now be able too TALK in Aftermath!". :hmph:

ok bitches u obviously are g4 haters. first g4 is g4techtv. they murged if u have been watching the channel long enough. second yes u do play alyx sry. third screensavers is technically called attack of the show and they do the same stuff as before but talk about more stuff also. i dont know why the voted the scarab asbest boss so i agree it wasnt a boss. what number am i on? umm anyways they said half life 2 over halo 2 wen half life 2 came out idiots. o and another thing. g4 didnt vote on halo or half life 2. the crowd did. THE CROWD. The people that were cheering in the pit. god

Loke said:
Playing as two characters in a Half-Life game... That's not Valve's style, never that they would do something like that.
I wouldn't be surprised if G4 came out and said "Gordon will now be able too TALK in Aftermath!". :hmph:

o and it says this on other websites not just them

again this posted on other websites. and i believe one of valve representitives told us that alyx is playable. i dont know if they hired a retard or not but i guess we will have to see

Valve has said you play as gordon... if you think they've said otherwise, then please post a link.

hmm i thought i heard an also in their talk but i might be wrong i kept switching around after commercials i think i went into gphoria still watching sumthing else so i might have missed it

________
I am 56% addicted to Counter-Strike. How about you?

again we will have to see if we do have to play as alyx.

______
I am 56% addicted to Counter-Strike. How about you?

Solidsocom said:
again we will have to see if we do have to play as alyx.

So if Alyx is not a playable charcter you'll admit your incompetence and leave the forums forever?

I'll do the same if you agree to it.

Playing two characters in one game is Halo style. G4 is a bunch of Halo wannabies! KILL THEM!

I hope you don't play as Alyx, that would be totally lame. How would they handle the transition?

The "You play as Alyx" rumor got started when Valve said in an interview "It might be neat to have an expansion pack where you play as Alyx." They never said that you would play as Alyx in Aftermath, but they did say that you play as Gordon. And all the screenshots suggest that you play as Gordon throughout the whole expansion. I think G4 just likes misinformation; They say you play as Alyx and gordon, then when the expansion comes out, they're all like "BREAKING NEWS, YOU PLAY AS GORDON IN AFTERMATH FOR THE WHOLE GAME!!111"

I really wouldn't be suprised if they did something stupid like that.

I believe lombardi mentioned you play as Alyx, but that changed. Just like so many things do.

Solidsocom said:
ok bitches u obviously are g4 haters.

You're no Ratty the handpuppet either, so you just watch yoself, ...damn.

first g4 is g4techtv. they murged if u have been watching the channel long enough.

No its G4, I was watching all along when they merged, cut out half of
what TechTV had to offer, dumbed down the other half to fit in with thier
own programming, fired most of the old staff 3 months after making them
all move to L.A., sloly cut out the other non-G4 shows, or changed them
to be just gaming programs and finally changed the name of the network
back to G4 over eight months ago in January. When was the last time
you watched the channel?

second yes u do play alyx sry.

Not confirmed, sorry. And probably not what people are thinking it
means in the first place.

third screensavers is technically called attack of the show and they do the same stuff as before but talk about more stuff also.

I'd believe that AOTS does the same stuff that TSS was doing before the
name change, but that was long after they ripped out and changed
most of what made the show watchable for long time TechTV fans.

umm anyways they said half life 2 over halo 2 wen half life 2 came out idiots.

They seem to say a lot of things that help them get more advertising
money to sell the network. Do you remember DS Day?
Several times a newly released game has been hyped to the gills, not
because the game is all that, but because they are trying to ride the
wave of excitement over the release.

o and another thing. g4 didnt vote on halo or half life 2. the crowd did. THE CROWD. The people that were cheering in the pit. god

The fans who went to the G4 website you mean? Because I doubt that
those celebrities and industry people were the only ones voting.
(Actually I doubt most of the poeple in that audience bothered to vote
at all).
And the problem with popularity contest voting is that most of the people
that voted for one game over another have probably not played all the
games in the category, so just voted for the one they are most familiar with.

Samon said:

what kinda tosser?
salad tossers? :E
anyway when Doug L. confirmed that u would play as Gordon, wouldn't he tell if the player does play as another character as well?
hmm..

G4 doesn't know what in the **** it's on about. Don't listen to their stupid shit.

That said, I'd like to mate with Morgan Webb.

It has been confiremd in interviews that you play as Gordon, Dr. Freeman, and The One Free Man. Not Alyx or Jesus or anyone else.

Solidsocom said:
ok bitches u obviously are g4 haters.

You sir, are an idiot. Yes, I do think G4 sucks - along with many, many others. You will not be playing as Alyx no matter what you think.

Lombardi most likely said "You'll be playing alongside Alyx." and G4 will have started screeching "Play as Alyx? Yus, lades nd gents we G4, hv yet anuder exlusive...u play as Alyx nd we talk as stupid as Solidsocom types!"

You will not, play, as Alyx.

Lincoln said:
The "You play as Alyx" rumor got started when Valve said in an interview "It might be neat to have an expansion pack where you play as Alyx." .

Actually, they said they'd like to see a side story based around Alyx and DOG, not that you'd ever play as her.

If you play as a both Alyx and Gordon in Aftermath I'll eat my shoe. Honesty, WTF did the idiots at G4 get that idead in the first place? Valve confirmed months ago you play as Gordon, and playing as both would pretty much destroy Half-Lifes's storytelling style.

Yeah, their whole same-perspective-through-the-whole-game thing would be totally shot... and that's one of the defining aspects of Half-Life.

Nah... you'll be playing as Freeman, Alyx, Dog, Shepherd, Barney and Sir Pickupthecan. In some chapters, you'll control two or more of them at the same time!

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention that my mum works with someone who's daughter is married to someone who works for vivendi who had a one night stand with Gabe Newell. Just to make sure you don't doubt the creditability of my sources.

What channel is this G4 on?

Edit: Anyway, most games shows are crap. Does anyone remember Gamezville? :bonce:
Gamer TV is the only half-decent one I've seen and recently they revued an RTS. The guy spent 5 minutes saying how he hated RTS's and then game it 4/5.

Why the **** would you believe ANYTHING that G4 tells you?
They're the worst ****ing game channel ever created.

Bring back TechTV assholes!!!!!!!!

kupoartist said:
Isn't it an entire channel as opposed to a show?

Yes, actually.

ríomhaire: Because I downloaded some episodes, specifically the one which confirmed Kliener (the actor said this - Harry Robins) made an announcement to the people of C17

Samon said:
You're not a G4 employee, are you?

:p

Hey, it could be technically correct! Gordon = G-Man!

lollerskates omg cuz they both have "G" and "Man" in their names get it?!?!

Back