G4 claims you play as Alyx

I for 1 don't like the idea of being with Alyx the whole time and Dog is just too kick ass to be with alot, he's own everything. But I suppose Valve will implement it well.

I don't mind being with Alyx, providing she doesn't get in my way.

Personally I hate when I have to protect anything but my own skin...

I've always liked the parts of Half-Life where I was mostly alone (maybe with a namelss NPC). You have more freedom to move at your own pace.

Ofcourse, I really don't like the idea of playing as Freeman in Aftermath at all... It's been discussed before though.

So, they are going to improve npc AI. This will hopefully make hopping around with Alyx and Dog enjoyable without them running in front of your shotgun every two seconds.

TheAmazingRando said:
So, they are going to improve npc AI. This will hopefully make hopping around with Alyx and Dog enjoyable without them running in front of your shotgun every two seconds.
She never did that to me. Alyx was ok to fight with in HL2, and with all the other rebels along for the ride as well, Aftermath is gonna be fun on the bun!

TheAmazingRando said:
Alyx didn't do that, only citizens. At least in my experience.

g4 is retarded. Except X-Play. And whats up w/ Halo 2 winning half the awards? Its no game of the year.

jimi_hendrix1 said:
g4 is retarded. Except X-Play. And whats up w/ Halo 2 winning half the awards? Its no game of the year.

Because G4's audience is primarily made up of "mainstream" console players who think "OMG Halo 2 is teh r0ck best gaem ever made!!1!". Their blinders limit their perspective to common denominator bullshit.

no.1 playin as gorden along side alex will be alright considering the amount of badies thay have planed for aftermath, it is the aftermath when all combine and stalkers are released into play and maybe the AI will be a little more "free thinking" insted of a pre-determend course of action at least i hope so. no.2 halo is the biggest load of BS when it comes to winning awards, it only did cause that WAS the only decient FPS on the Xbox,an as for PC, NO interest what so ever of playing it.waste my time with that pourly rendered recreation of UT. no.3to play as alex with "the Freeman"(lol) in frame would be wrong to me because the esence of HL2 was that he had no voice, he was and is the character you are, to make him speak would ruin it all. oh and alex dont get in the way if you dont hide behind her. lol my 2 cents.

So i played a bit of FEAR, that game scared the cr@p outa me!!! Amazing graphics and what not...but will never replace half life 2 ever!

oh ya, Water Hazard looks awesome with my new card! its almost unbelievable...

Absinthe said:
Because G4's audience is primarily made up of "mainstream" console players who think "OMG Halo 2 is teh r0ck best gaem ever made!!1!". Their blinders limit their perspective to common denominator bullshit.

so true!

I also think Microsoft is throwing $$$ their way to keep them talking about halo.

If they dont bring back TechTv, im moving to Canada so i can watch it. (Isnt it Canada who still has Techtv?)

Valve claims you do not play as Alyx, but maybe their info is outdated.

Unfocused said:
Valve claims you do not play as Alyx, but maybe their info is outdated.

What are you talking about?

When Valve, the people who make Half-life says something officially, then its fact.

Samon said:
What are you talking about?

When Valve, the people who make Half-life says something officially, then its fact.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to wrap sarcasm tags around it.

And its a good thing you dont play as Alyx, I think that would be wrong, and stupid. Gordon wouldnt be able to be in it at all, because since Gordon doesnt talk, it would just be retarded. (Atleast to me it is)

Samon said:

;)

Fuse Kazuki said:
And its a good thing you dont play as Alyx, I think that would be wrong, and stupid. Gordon wouldnt be able to be in it at all, because since Gordon doesnt talk, it would just be retarded. (Atleast to me it is)

Yeah, imagine you playing as Alyx, babbling all the time, and when you meet Gordon he just looks at you, like a mute retard, and points his finger in the direction he wants you to go.

Unfocused said:
Yeah, imagine you playing as Alyx, babbling all the time, and when you meet Gordon he just looks at you, like a mute retard, and points his finger in the direction he wants you to go.
I could imagine his face flushing red and him looking away embarrased... poor thing ^^

i want to play as gordon, however, the only thing that bothers me, is stuff like the interview on 1up, and other articles spread around the net.

Valve is playing the "pro noun" game. "the player, their, you" etc, and never mentioning gordon, or you as gordon. thats the only thing that makes me question the player as gordon.

Valve has officially stated that the player is Gordon. Even if they didn't, you can work it out yourself. They always refer to the player working alongside Alyx, so that rules her out as a playable character.

Aftermath is the next chapter of the HL saga. It is core canon material. Nobody has offered a sufficient rationale for the idea that they might change the player's character.

Solidsocom said:
ok bitches u obviously are g4 haters. first g4 is g4techtv. they murged if u have been watching the channel long enough. second yes u do play alyx sry. third screensavers is technically called attack of the show and they do the same stuff as before but talk about more stuff also. i dont know why the voted the scarab asbest boss so i agree it wasnt a boss. what number am i on? umm anyways they said half life 2 over halo 2 wen half life 2 came out idiots. o and another thing. g4 didnt vote on halo or half life 2. the crowd did. THE CROWD. The people that were cheering in the pit. god

Besides from your bad grammer and spelling, I'll give your post some merit.

After further reading we have concluded you are a compete moron. The following points are based on true facts:

G4 is no longer G4techTV. The only G4TechTV that exists is owned by Paul Allen in canada, almost a completely diffrent network. The only TechTV content left is X-play, and other than Sarah Lane, no TechTV personel are still working there.. The "Tech TV" was removed due to the outcry from the loyal Tech TV fans.

No, you don't play as alyx, shut the heck up. Do you at all pay attention to press releases and REAL reviews? G4 is in this for the money, thats why thier in the red. Comcast is threating to shut it down if they can't get thier act together.

And no, the crowd did not pick the award show's winners. Corporate soponserships did.

And just to remind everone what we lost because of G4... Use it how ever you want, but I am copyright owner of it.
TechTV.png

Let me add some more here... Attack of the Show is so horrible, that veiwer ship is in the 100s of thouands now, compared to The Screen Savers 10 million. AOTS caused Kevin Rose to want leave. They took TSS, changed its name, sent it out back, and chopped its head off with an axe.

I hope G4 goes under like they say it is, that would make comcast bring back TechTV. Let us pray...

Brak710101 said:
I hope G4 goes under like they say it is, that would make comcast bring back TechTV. Let us pray...

Cumbayah my Lord.....Cumbayah

I'm hoping you don't play as Alyx. I think the game would lose it's sense of seriousness and importance if you play as Alyx.

Playing as Gordon is the stuff of epic, important games. Alyx is too casual and talkative IMO.

You can't play as Alyx. I mean sure, I think shes a great character, but you know... she has that whole vagina thing. You can't be fighting the combine while you're bleeding down there.

i dont think valve would let u play as another character as long as gordon is around, if it just showed the story of how c17 was before gordon got off the train, and u played completely as alyx cuz there was no gordon, then ide understand. But as long as gordon is involved in the expasion, i think u will just be him, and im cool with that.

YOU - DO - NOT - PLAY - AS - ALYX.

G4 can suck it

PLEASE, someone close this thread. PLEASE

no need to close it...just quit replying with the same thing and let it die sheesh.

Back