G4 NEW hl2 level about to be shown...

It ended. He tried to get info on the release date on TF2 and his response was "very soon". The way he said it was like he meant it but you know Valve. HDR and the new level will be available to HL2 owners and mod makers, etc. All I can say is post the video because seeing is believing! It's getting very hard for me to tell the difference from me being in the game or not. The only thing seperating is well...lots of things. lol :p And as usuall only the 1337 comps can handle the HDR tech. HDR is in Source but not activated yet. SUCH BEAUTY IN HDR! WAY TO GO VALVE! I can't imagine HL3 I'm at such a loss for words!

On Steam for free! :borg: Well, I guess we all knew that was going to happen and I know I can't use it but I'm sure a few of us can. Value as to be the best gaming company when it comes to dealing with their customers and fans.

stupid comcast television.... no good gaymen practically hand out random channels,my friend has the same package but he gets it.someone better record it or headcrabs will kill you all MWAHAHAHA!

hool10300 said:
It ended. He tried to get info on the release date on TF2 and his response was "very soon". The way he said it was like he meant it but you know Valve. HDR and the new level will be available to HL2 owners and mod makers, etc. All I can say is post the video because seeing is believing! It's getting very hard for me to tell the difference from me being in the game or not. The only thing seperating is well...lots of things. lol :p And as usuall only the 1337 comps can handle the HDR tech. HDR is in Source but not activated yet. SUCH BEAUTY IN HDR! WAY TO GO VALVE! I can't imagine HL3 I'm at such a loss for words!

Not a single thing about TF2 was mentioned. What channel were you watching?

but what they did show was impressive. it looks like the engine really improved with such a relatively small addition.

Yeah its really a beautiful effect, Ive seen nothing like it any other games.

Not a single thing about TF2 was mentioned. What channel were you watching?

It was at the very end. He snuck it in to try and shake him up. Watch it again and get better glasses because HDR is very good. The segment was a sweet 5 min or so, I lost count. POST THE VIDEO!

it looked as good if not better than the hdr bink.

Here's the paraphrased quote from my admittedly shoddy memory:

Host: "Let me give you the first chance right here to give the release date for TF2."

Lombardi: "Soon."

The segment was lame, they showed a monestary with HDR which does look sweet but they really didn't talk more of the level.

Ok let me say this now so everyone understands.

REQUESTING THE VIDEO OR POSTING THE VIDEO IS NOT ALLOWED

Dedatorv said:
POSTING THE VIDEO IS NOT ALLOWED

But I just sold it on eBay! If I can't post the VHS of "Executive Decision" then I'll get bad feedback :(

Can't Valve do a new bink, I miss the hype of the Binks :(

And Steam isn't doing much at the moment......

One thing I did not like was that the mere mention of Doom 3 spawned a whole bunch of useless Doom 3 clips. I mean, we could have been the shown tech demo again, but instead just because he said Doom 3, there was a bunch of Doom 3 footage.

Ok,

Any footage of the segment is NOT ALLOWED.

It's illegal, thats why.

Dumb Dude said:
One thing I did not like was that the mere mention of Doom 3 spawned a whole bunch of useless Doom 3 clips. I mean, we could have been the shown tech demo again, but instead just because he said Doom 3, there was a bunch of Doom 3 footage.

Yeah, that was stupid.

But seriously guys, it looked good. Real good. There was a poison headcrab crawling across the floor of the Monestary and I started laughing it all came together so well and looked so real. Plus, I think the big news here is actually Lombardi's comment in the closing seconds of the interview:

"TF2 soon."

Yeah, the Doom III thing was a little off, but not too bad, since D3 is definately taking a different approach to lighting. Then they spent a little time talking about ways different companies are doing it, so it fit. They just did a little too much.

You have to admit that Valve didn't bring a lot of clips, and D3 was better than watching talking heads.

Gordon's Brother said:
whys it illeagle?

Because the site may get a nasty letter from G4 in the morning if the forum is used to distribute the video. HL2.NET prides itself on it's squeaky clean reputation.

How about this people, if g4 releases the video on their site post a link from it here, other than that, don't post/ask for any other links. I am hoping G4 puts it on the net. :)

DiSTuRbEd said:
How about this people, if g4 releases the video on their site post a link from it here, other than that, don't post/ask for any other links. I am hoping G4 puts it on the net. :)

* Goes and watches the interview with hal robbins again
That was classic hl2 stuff they put up..
I think they'll put up this vid.

Just wait for Hl2world to get the video up. I cant see the show in the UK, so I couldnt give a flying **** whether its illegal or not.

I feel really bad for you guys that missed it. And I feel sorry for "Gordons Brother" please mods take away the warnings? He just wants the movie like the rest of us. All I can say now is pray for a public released video or look at Hl2World forums.

bliink said:
* Goes and watches the interview with hal robbins again
That was classic hl2 stuff they put up..
I think they'll put up this vid.

Yeah I loved that video, even tho I wish hal had more chances to speak, his voice is cool, I couldn't believe he talks like that in real life, very different than what I am used too. :thumbs:

I expected ALOT more, but it was still a cool segment, i wish that douche Kevin would stfu with his cheesy jokes and let the man speak.

hool10300 said:
I feel really bad for you guys that missed it. And I feel sorry for "Gordons Brother" please mods take away the warnings? He just wants the movie like the rest of us. All I can say now is pray for a public released video or look at Hl2World forums.
and im m0re n00bish

Nope. Thats part of the show too. The video is now on the net so go search.

Ah darn. Its not the full showing. It only shows off the HDR demo.

Back