Games That Deserve Rebirth

Homeworld is the shit. I really think Sins is a worthy spiritual successor though, the combat mechanics are almost identical... Sins is just on a way bigger scale.

I'd love another game in the Monster Truck Madness series :3

I also really want another Donkey Kong platformer. All the DKC games on the SNES and Donkey Kong 64 are my favorite platformers of all time just about, and I really want another one... I'd even buy a wii to play it. Yep.

A remake of Jurassic Park: Trespasser with full motion controls, the dino AI as it should have been, a revised "arm" interface, physics that work properly and more puzzles not related to box stacking. Trespasser was an ambitious game for its time and technology is now, I feel, sufficient to finally deliver the promises made over a decade ago. Add in the story and the voice work by Richard Attenborough and Minnie Driver and it has serious potential to be truly great.

For a sequel, well, a properly done Jagged Alliance 3 would be nice.

i say this every thread - freedom fighters

Descent & Battlezone (the newer Activision game, not that purple & blue vector game)

Homeworld
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI
I for one would love to see another Homeworld game. Sins of a Solar Empire was fun, but not even close to the cult following Homeworld had.

So what game would you love to see make a comeback??

There are a lot of indications that THQ and Relic are working on putting out a new Homeworld in the future, since they acquired the IP from Sierra around 2-3 years ago, and when one Relic developer was questioned about why in late 2008 he just said "I'm not allowed to talk about it" with a wink.

Anyway, I'd like to see a modern-day remake off Central Intelligence(PC), it put you as in charge of a CIA troop in a nation that had just been overthrown by a radical dictator, and it was your job to in whatever way overthrow him, the amount of options you had and the amount of detail in the game was just insane, especially given that it's a game from the early '90s.

i say this every thread - freedom fighters

Or at least a game where you play as Freedom Fighters that don't somehow only ever have full frontal assaults and having Guerrilla Warfare, not simply diving your car into a building and then hacking at it with a hammer.

You can tell I have a love-hate relationship with Red Faction: Guerrilla can't you?

Blast Corps is my #1, followed by followed by Jet Set/Grind Radio.

Jurassic Park: Trespasser, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, another game like The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and Warpath: Jurassic Park.

A current gen JP adventure fps, park building game, sidescroller with dinos/human characters, and a gory fighter would be excellent.

Jurassic Park: Trespasser, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, another game like The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and Warpath: Jurassic Park.

A current gen JP adventure fps, park building game, sidescroller with dinos/human characters, and a gory fighter would be excellent.
Have you ever played that Jurassic Park FPS/top-down game on the SNES? That game was awesome back in the day. One of few movie-to-games that are any good in the history of video games imo.

I'd like to see a "RE-MAKE" style remake of the original Red Faction. (same game, current-gen graphics)

Yes I still have it infact. The raptors jumping out of the jungle areas scared the shit out of me. Even moreso when you go into FPS sequences. The hissing of raptors and dilophosaurs round the next corner horrified me as a child. Eventually I just stuck to going to that area left of the starting gate and killing all the gallimimus. Shit was so fun.

Homeworld is the shit. I really think Sins is a worthy spiritual successor though, the combat mechanics are almost identical... Sins is just on a way bigger scale.
I highly disagree that SoSE be considered a worthy successor.

Yes I still have it infact. The raptors jumping out of the jungle areas scared the shit out of me. Even moreso when you go into FPS sequences. The hissing of raptors and dilophosaurs round the next corner horrified me as a child. Eventually I just stuck to going to that area left of the starting gate and killing all the gallimimus. Shit was so fun.
The sad part about my experience is that I still can remember the melody to that elevator music during the FPS sequences. lol

A remake of Jurassic Park: Trespasser with full motion controls, the dino AI as it should have been, a revised "arm" interface, physics that work properly and more puzzles not related to box stacking. Trespasser was an ambitious game for its time and technology is now, I feel, sufficient to finally deliver the promises made over a decade ago. Add in the story and the voice work by Richard Attenborough and Minnie Driver and it has serious potential to be truly great.

Very much this.

And I find it very strange that now that the technology is here nobody wants to make a proper Jurassic Park FPS game... If it's the problem of getting the rights, then don't make it based on Jurassic Park, all i want is a tropical environment with dinosaurs in it, how hard can that be to make FFS.

As for a remake/sequel I want a new Blood game. However monolith doen't give a shit about it, and cosidering that their latest games have been subpar, maybe it's for the best...

Very much this.

And I find it very strange that now that the technology is here nobody wants to make a proper Jurassic Park FPS game... If it's the problem of getting the rights, then don't make it based on Jurassic Park, all i want is a tropical environment with dinosaurs in it, how hard can that be to make FFS.
That's already been done, it was called Turok, and the latest in the series flopped big time.

As for a remake/sequel I want a new Blood game. However monolith doen't give a shit about it, and cosidering that their latest games have been subpar, maybe it's for the best...
This I can agree with. Blood was one of my favorite FPSs of all time fs. Notice I said, "was". I tried an abandonware hack of the original Blood recently and ran it with DOSbox only to discover I can't stomach the archaic graphics anymore. For this reason, I'd love to see a re-make of the original Blood.

That's already been done, it was called Turok, and the latest in the series flopped big time.

This I can agree with. Blood was one of my favorite FPSs of all time fs. Notice I said, "was". I tried an abandonware hack of the original Blood recently and ran it with DOSbox only to discover I can't stomach the archaic graphics anymore. For this reason, I'd love to see a re-make of the original Blood.

Ah...I have fond memories of Blood. A remake would be awesome. Also, Shadow Warrior.

Yeah I was/am a Blood fan as well.

Played it on DOSBox a couple years ago. Took a little getting used to (the copious amounts of bright red spraying all over the place actually made me feel a little sick to be honest), But after a while it was fun again.

There needs to be a Freespace 3. The originals have sort of had a remake in the form of the SCP, but playing those only emphasizes the need for a new space sim with the story and presentation of Freespace 2. That game should have been the blueprint for a revolution in space sims. Instead the genre just died out.

Rampage%20World%20Tour.jpg

Deus Ex. The Ultima series.

EDIT: sorry, I was thinking about remaking the original ones.

I came here to say I love Homeworld and I've played all of them thoroughly. I also must admit that I didn't beat the first one. I hate thinking about the fact that I stood in front of Hiigara and never managed to beat that final mission. It was just way too hard. Of course, the later games never recreated that desperation and epic feeling that the first one did. Being an interstellarscrub traveling across the galaxy for the first time... meeting all sorts of people who wanna kill you and some who want to help you...

However - that massive cannon from Cataclysm was awesome.

I heard something about a third coming to the franchise but it might have just been speculation.

Battlezone (the newer Activision game, not that purple & blue vector game)

by looking at the activision of today that looks like a very distant dream

dam they should have sold the rights to someone else like they did whit ghostbusters and brutal legend....

to me,I would like a new game like parasite eve,infact any game that goes back to the clasic survival horrors gameplay isntead of "OMFG MONSTER JUMPED FROM DARK CORNER,SCAREY!*blast monsters whit minigun shotgun"

I'd love to see EA remake Allied Assault on a newer engine. Fix the bugs and exploits and implement an anti-cheat. I'd be willing to pay $10 for a dlc with the new MOH coming out.

Back