Gamespy Preview up

Theres also another interview video linked from the last page of the gamespy article that anybody can download presumably...not sure if its the same one or not its around 230 megs and i dont feel like downloading that much on my woesome dialup connection.

Edit: Dang..just noticed info about the video was already posted in yet another thread..whoops =/

Dramavian said:
Theres also another interview video linked from the last page of the gamespy article that anybody can download presumably...not sure if its the same one or not its around 230 megs and i dont feel like downloading that much on my woesome dialup connection.

Edit: Dang..just noticed info about the video was already posted in yet another thread..whoops =/

cool! downloading now, something to watch when i get back from school :D

too tred to argue but just bear in mind all the previewers would be tearing into Valve if the game had these kind of issues and it wasn't just the screen shot standard.

Nobody has noticed that one of these shots shows the first official confirmation of the squad control mode in the game?

Dagobert said:
Nobody has noticed that one of these shots shows the first official confirmation of the squad control mode in the game?

The what??

I bought UK PC gamer, I think it was, and it does have a squad command icon down the bottom right on one screen shot. It shows a squad of one person on the screenshot. The article then goes on to say that you can give commands to a squad you are working with if you like but it is entirely possible to go right through the game without needing to do it and just rely on the AI since they should realise what you are trying to do from your actions. I'll believe it when I see it and if they manage it it will be impressive.

Slight aside i know but if they have added good squad command tools to the engine and cz had decent bots it bodes well for cs2 if it happens as a single player experience perhaps like cz did for cs. That didn't make much sense, i was trying to say the engine could have a good single player squad system in it for mods and possible mock up online combat like there is in CZ.

yup i saw that squad control screenie :p ill give you a hint... there's a strider in it ;)

Back