Garry's Mod Comic Books

S

SidneyDavis

Though the moderation crew from facepunch.com is a bit meglomaniacal, they did have a few good Ideas, and comic books made on G-mod, for one, were really cool. I really wouldn't mind seeing a few of those here, that would be sweet. I hereby offer a challenge for anyone here to create a short comic strip, and no, It doesn't have to have text bubbles. :cheers: May the best peep win!

legs017au.jpg

legs025pu.jpg

legs039ye.jpg

legs047pc.jpg

legs054xb.jpg

legs062sa.jpg

legs074ak.jpg

legs081qg.jpg

legs091es.jpg

legs105ri.gif

im currently working on a comic also, its about combine stranded out in a strange field and strange things happen (its called "The WaterMelons")

That was pretty funny, let's see if anyone can top it!

Can you spawn those helicopters in Garrys Mod or were they added when the map was made?

Those are Apaches from the HL:S model pack someone posted on the official forums. They are spawned.

heres mine:

14ps.jpg

28uo.jpg

35tx.jpg

43bh.jpg

59tp.jpg

61xw.jpg

72ua.jpg

81vl.jpg

96zs.jpg

tell me what you think :LOL:

*edit back up, i got a better site now!

i had to use paint for editing. does anyone know any good programs for accualy adding in text?

Resize your pics dude, there's no reason why they need to be any bigger than 800x600 :)
I use PSP 7 to add text. You could also use a freeware image editor like GIMP

I always found that to be the major flaw with Garry mod comics. Almost none of them have stories, and if they do there normally about how there interacting with some prop they added in randomly. There are some good ones here though. The first one used nice posing, and even without text there was a funny enough undertone in the posing that it was cool. The no soliciters was pretty good too, overplayed joke really, but still a chuckle.

The history of the word newb comic.

Don't read this... IT SUCKS! *I made it*
T0_-1_762999.JPG

T0_-1_763005.JPG

T0_-1_763012.JPG

T0_-1_763014.JPG

T0_-1_763021.JPG

This comic I made really does suck after I look at it for a while... I need better humar. This to me, is pathetic.

By the way.. I know I typed something wrong in the last one. *everhing*---(((everthing)))
No need to correct me.. I already know.

****IF ANYONE HAS A REQUEST FOR A COMIC THEN EMAIL ME YOUR IDEA AT [email protected]..****
I don't have an active enough imagination this year for some weird reason.. please email your ideas. thanks!

I don't know, I usually don't go in with an idea, I just make up the idea according to what I have. That's kind of what good humor is, when you just use what you have and put it down in a creative and amusing way.

You really think this comic is funny?
I don't get whats so funny about my own comic.. I'm so pathetic. :frown:

The joke is too typical, but it is amusing. I guess I was expecting something more extravegant, maybe you should redo what is said and add ad few slides. Unfunny and hilarious aren't as far as most put them.

DESSTROYER said:
im currently working on a comic also, its about combine stranded out in a strange field and strange things happen (its called "The WaterMelons")
And who in the hell told you, you were allowed to name it that?

No one?

No one has an Idea on a comic? hmm.. i'll try to come up with one myself.

Alright this is my first post so hey y'all. anyway here is my attempt at a comic

53847868_c7626beae2.jpg

53847869_47cbdb0858.jpg

53847870_d815f736b1.jpg

53847871_71173b3c70.jpg

53847872_0de954353e.jpg

53847873_5bb2d8f721.jpg

53848162_188585c768.jpg

53848163_954edb2d9b.jpg

53848164_860d59a0c8.jpg

FIN!

too much a.d.d. to figure out how to put the pics in the post.
Post ur feedback, peace.

where'd you get the pic that said "Dude! your going to HELL!" I was laughing so hard after reading that part with the pic of the dell student

i dont have the same one but i have one just as good:thumbs:

dudehell.jpg

I used to be a really good comic maker, untill it happened... MY PHOTOSHOP TRIAL RAN OUT!

Have a care for people with 56k and reduce the bloody size of your pics. Here's mine:
004cg.jpg

I plan to make a series(similar to concerened) located entirly in my sig, updated whenever.

PSP 7? well i hav Adobe Photoshop CS, and i need to know how to arrange the pics like in a comic book page and the CRASH!, BANG!, WALLOP! signs. I REALLY need to know, ive got a good story lined up, it should be good, i might post it here if i learn how to make it, thx!

WTF is with my signature lol

D: NECROMANCY! A link to mine is in my sig anyway.

I saw them, lol.

I loved this one. Also what happens when Gordon says "Baby, I can take you places this Teleporter doesn't even have coordinants for." & "Alyx your present is in the tessssssst chamber." IS that G-man or Gordon? Gordon Freeman

Xmas.jpg

comic the first:
lukesgmodcomiccz4.png

comic the second:
comic2fv6.png

comic the third:
3rdgmodcomicdc0.png

not the best I know, seeing as I did them in paint.. but I put a good bit of effort in these 3..

*edit* hmm.. cant see the text in second and 3rd.

in the second comic: panel 1: "gyaiiiiiiii!" panel 3: "that'll teach them for saying my ballet classes were for girls.. now wheres my makeup, I want to be the prettiest combine at the harvest moon ball tonight!"

in the 3rd comic: panel 1: "man, those cosmetic surgeons really did a nice job on my graphics! cant wait to show my buddies at black mesa!" panel 2: (guy) "morning barney! yeah yeah, I know I'm late, did I miss the experiment?" (barney) "help.. me... please god..." panel 3: (guy) "hmmm, I wonder whats for lunch today?" panel 4: (controller) "YOUR SOUL! YOUR SOUL! YOUR SOUL BELONGS TO ME! I WILL EAT A CLUB SANDWICH FROM YOUR S-S-SOUUULLL!" panel 5: (guy) " 'morning" (gman) "*hkkkkkkkkh* morrrning"

im currently working on a slideshow of my gmod pics, im using the song 'charlie' by the chili peppers, because it has the 'move around like a scientist' in the second verse, the possibilities are endless

e2d113gi.jpg

e2d120ra.jpg

A series.

interelationpage13dm.jpg

interelationpage29bq.jpg

interelationpage36xc.jpg

theextremeandtheextraordinary5.jpg

Yet another series.

I dunno whether I should continue with it. Should I?

Back