Gears of War for PC

Pi Mu Rho

ValveTime Admin | Enemy of fun
Staff member
Reaction score
From Eurogamer -

J Allard: [...]Gears Of War is new IP as well.
Eurogamer: But is that exclusive to Xbox?
J Allard: It's Xbox and PC.

I thought this was already known? I'l probably go the PC route unless Xbox Live gameplay is stable + fun.

Pi Mu Rho said:
From Eurogamer -

J Allard: [...]Gears Of War is new IP as well.
Eurogamer: But is that exclusive to Xbox?
J Allard: It's Xbox and PC.

Excellent :D:D:D

*points and laughs at those people who tried to convince him it would be Xbox only*

Now I just wish it was first person instead of third person.

Can't stand third person console shooters.

Uh, and this is suprising how?
All XB Exclusive usually mean is that it's exclusive in CONSOLES, for the XB360, doesn't include the PC, just look at Halo 1 :)

Uh, no-one said it was surprising.

Those Eurogamer boys sure do bust their interveiwees chops.

Whew, I was hearing that it was Xbox 360 exclusive. Im glad to hear that its coming out on PC. It looks so amazingly beautiful. :thumbs:

while the e3 trailer was graphicaly impressive the trailer itself was crappy ..it played out like some amateurish student film. Doesnt mean it wont be a great game, I just thought it was a little corny. I too am a bit weary of it being a 3rd person shooter so it'll have to be outstanding for me to purchase it

edit: ^ this is where I make an idiot of myself, Satch919 pointed out that I'm thinking of Huxley not GoW

Seeing it played in real time at E3, I must say that the third person perspective reminded me of Resident Evil 4. It had the same kind of over the shoulder camera/aiming system. The guy playing it looked like he wasn't having any trouble controlling the character.

CptStern said:
while the e3 trailer was graphicaly impressive the trailer itself was crappy ..it played out like some amateurish student film. Doesnt mean it wont be a great game, I just thought it was a little corny. I too am a bit weary of it being a 3rd person shooter so it'll have to be outstanding for me to purchase it

Are you talking about the one shown at the Microsoft Press Conference? If so, I just watched it again and I thought it was well done for a videogame trailer.

/me throws rocks at all and sundry and performs a few pelvic thrusts for no good reason

Woo hoo! I don't think I've seen everything available for GoW (so I shouldn't really comment but hey, I'm me) but I'm glad to see we've got further confirmation that there'll be a PC version. Woo I say!

satch919 said:
Are you talking about the one shown at the Microsoft Press Conference? If so, I just watched it again and I thought it was well done for a videogame trailer.

not sure which one it was ...it just featured guys attacking the white faced dude

CptStern said:
not sure which one it was ...it just featured guys attacking the white faced dude

White faced dude?

Are you talking about this guy?

satch919 said:
White faced dude?

Are you talking about this guy?

hmmmm no ..that other white faced guy ..actually I cant find it so I dont know what I'm talking about :E

Of course its on pc. Its not like it was running on the xbox 360.

torso boy said:
Of course its on pc. Its not like it was running on the xbox 360.
Elaborate, please, from what I read it was running on the 360 at E3, albeit it had some few FPS drops according to I think it was GS.

Are these games going to have revolutionary gameplay or are they just pushing the new graphics engine? I seem to think the latter.

babyheadcrab said:
I thought this was already known? I'l probably go the PC route unless Xbox Live gameplay is stable + fun.

I would get an Xbox360 if it has mouse and keyboard support

CptStern said:
hmmmm no ..that other white faced guy ..actually I cant find it so I dont know what I'm talking about :E

Ok, is it this guy? If so then thats from Huxley, another game running on the new Unreal Engine.

Gargantou said:
Elaborate, please, from what I read it was running on the 360 at E3, albeit it had some few FPS drops according to I think it was GS.

When I saw it running in real time, they were using a PC. It was at the Nvidia booth. That was the only time I saw it running in real time.

chu said:
Are these games going to have revolutionary gameplay or are they just pushing the new graphics engine? I seem to think the latter.
well, GoW supposedly has fully destructible levels, so, that could add to gameplay

Partially destructible levels.

satch919 said:
Ok, is it this guy? If so then thats from Huxley, another game running on the new Unreal Engine.

:eek: you're quite the detective ...yes ..that's him ...but now I look like an idiot for thinking this game was GoW :thumbs: :)

errrr ...GoW is awesome ..carry on

J Allard: I always get back to the gamers. Every decision we make is really focused on what the gamers want. A ton of our gamers are dual gamers meaning that they have PC and console because they prefer some aspects of PC, especially in FPSs. Okay, should we really make Quake an exclusive that you can't play on PC.

I agree with that comment, many forum users prefer the PC for FPS because of the mouse support (for the finer precision shots)

CptStern said:
:eek: you're quite the detective ...yes ..that's him ...but now I look like an idiot for thinking this game was GoW :thumbs: :)

errrr ...GoW is awesome ..carry on

No, you're not an idiot. Its easy to mistake one from the other considering they use the same engine and look very similar. :thumbs:

satch919 said:
No, you're not an idiot. Its easy to mistake one from the other considering they use the same engine and look very similar. :thumbs:

you should be a PR guy :)

Partially Destructible Levels, mmm, I just hope they do it like in some Turn-Based Strategy game(I.e. X-Com UFO Defense, Silent Storm series), albeit I know GoW will be action focused, it'd be lovely being able to blow a hole in a wall for a shortcut.:p

Back