Get the Info From GABE himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zo0L

dunno if anyone has told you lot, but GABE is doing a interview with www.halfliferadio.com tommor (6th Oct ) its going on air at 8pm PST, which ive been told is 12-1am GMT.
hopefully we can get some stuff cleared up, and be filled in on all the info GABE left out!

Yes, its been posted. But thanks for the reminder.

I hope he sheds some light on the current status of the game or "holiday release" info.

yes, they better not ask stupid questions just to be nice to gabe. we need to ask the meaty questions!

Originally posted by genocide604
I hope he sheds some light on the current status of the game or "holiday release" info.
Yeeeeah... riiiight... :rolleyes:

well maybe if Gabe helps people to understand wot happened and how this changes the release date, or the game of hl2. people will stop listening to wild rumours

They don't even know if they'll be able to get him on the radio yet but they're going to try their best. We're not really on the best terms with them at the moment - we let people advertise them on our forums and in return they don't believe anything we say ( even though it's all been true ), refuse to mention this websites name on air, G-Line us from their IRC server and IP ban us from their website ( Andy IP banned me for my Bad Karma thread but the dopey sod didn't realise I'm dynamic ).

It's a fair deal isn't it. :dozey:

maybe he will admit for being a n00b and putting the source code physically linked to the internet, i mean DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

its like Guiness starting a free bus service from the Local AA meetings to the Brewery

Originally posted by Zo0L
maybe he will admit for being a n00b and putting the source code physically linked to the internet, i mean DURRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

its like Guiness starting a free bus service from the Local AA meetings to the Brewery
Zo0L... edit your post so it just says... yar... or something...

I doubt that these guys will get Gabe on there. So far from what I have seen is they are all immature kids that can't handle criticism and will ban you for saying anything that might be considered slightly bad against them.

yer im not 2 sure about the halflife radio, it seems very badly done and ameteur, 4kradio did a much better proffesional job :/

hopefully theyl ask good qns, not stupid ones like everyone usually does, with yes or no answers.

They should just say, 'ok GABE explain everything' then Not say a word, the silence will crack him making him talk!

Originally posted by No Limit
I doubt that these guys will get Gabe on there. So far from what I have seen is they are all immature kids that can't handle criticism and will ban you for saying anything that might be considered slightly bad against them.

Originally posted by No Limit

so true, I got perma banned for saying their music sucked WTF!

;/ gonna have alot of angry people if they dont deliver, they have been advertising the INTERVIEW!!!! all day :S
Has gabe openly said hes doing this interview or they gonna try and ask him while he walks to PC World to get Norton Anti-virus 2004 edition?

Originally posted by nw909
so true, I got perma banned for saying their music sucked WTF!

Andy has put a lot of work into his site and on that issue I respect the guy but he and his team have a lot to learn when it comes to running a community - at the moment they're way too nazi - something I feel we've avoided quite well for a community of this size.

We've put up with a lot of crap from them for quite some time so I'm glad my original defensive Bad Karma thread showed them up quite a bit. However they still insist on continuing to play the immature role.

Yeah, Andy thinks talking to Gabe will clear everything up and prove everyone on the internet wrong. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by D33
Andy has put a lot of work into his site and on that issue I respect the guy but he and his team have a lot to learn when it comes to running a community - at the moment they're way too nazi - something I feel we've avoided quite well for a community of this size.

We've put up with a lot of crap from them for quite some time so I'm glad my original defensive Bad Karma thread showed them up quite a bit. However they still insist on continuing to play the immature role.
I don't want to sound like I know it all, because I don't. However, I am on a team that runs the #5 top played CS server out there and has a pretty strong community that is growing each day. I also run a few other message boards and mod for a few others (1 has over 16,000 members). One thing that I have learned from this is that starting a successful community is extremely hard and I respect anyone that succeeds. However, when you run your community like a bunch of know it all assholes that doesn't listen to any of the users you will fail as people like to have their opinions heard. This is the reason I don't think they will succeed and I strongly don't think Gabe would waste his time with a community that treats anyone that disagrees with them like shit. HL2.net has done an amazing job with the community and if anyone was to get a interview like this I think it would be you guys. We will know for sure around 8pm tonight, if I am wrong all the people that like the site can openly call me a complete jackass and I will admit to it. :cheers:
-Paul

should be very interesting, doubt we'll ever read or hear another interview just asking baout the game, now its gonna be all about the leak

Banning people due to harsh criticism? Sounds like a bunch of punk high-schoolers.

Originally posted by D33
They don't even know if they'll be able to get him on the radio yet but they're going to try their best. We're not really on the best terms with them at the moment - we let people advertise them on our forums and in return they don't believe anything we say ( even though it's all been true ), refuse to mention this websites name on air, G-Line us from their IRC server and IP ban us from their website ( Andy IP banned me for my Bad Karma thread but the dopey sod didn't realise I'm dynamic ).

It's a fair deal isn't it. :dozey:

I got G-Lined and banned from #radio. The GLine was lifted due to it being a timed ban, but I'm still banned from #radio despite doing NOTHING, and being told that it would be cleared up weeks ago. Needless to say, I could still get in, because I'm awesome like that (yay new hostmasks). I don't care though, the only point to listening to their lie-ridden radio is just the coolness of hearing about HL2 through audio. Music needs to be redone, that's for sure. Average content with a corrupt staff IMO.

Their radio is pretty damn good, good idea, good content, good music etc..

They were taking the Piss out of planethalflife today. I noticed, as someone said above, that they completely ignore this site as do most other HL 2 sites .

Originally posted by WiredShock
Their radio is pretty damn good, good idea, good content, good music etc..

They were taking the Piss out of planethalflife today. I noticed, as someone said above, that they completely ignore this site as do most other HL 2 sites .

Good idea, of course. Mediocre content we've heard before with some misinformation and HORRIBLE music IMO. The idea is awesome, but I don't feel that the staff is qualified to pull it off right. Plus they are nazis.

Originally posted by omlette
Good idea, of course. Mediocre content we've heard before with some misinformation and HORRIBLE music IMO. The idea is awesome, but I don't feel that the staff is qualified to pull it off right. Plus they are nazis.

i was also similarly g-lined :\

i referred to the fact that halflifesource.net's front page said nobody knew the facts, etc.
in responce i said that the bbc, msnbc, and wired all thought hl2.net was a good enough source and believed gabe's post was real...but that's not good enough for halflifesource.net i guess

then i was g-lined...not timed either :\

EDIT: but like it has been said, they've got a nice idea, and Andy's a good guy from the talks i've had with him on irc (not that many :p)
they just have some problems with being a bit harsh with the community...which as a result isn't much of a community.

if you ban all the people who disagree with you, you'll just end up with a bunch of mindless zombie newbs that hang on your every word...which, imho, is what they've got going :\

Originally posted by WiredShock
why are they nazis ?
Read the whole thread and let me know if you still need an explanation.

Yeah I've noticed it too. A lot of sites seem to completely ignore halflife2.net for some reason. A while ago, when I started browsing through hl2-sites to get some info, I found this one to be the best. But since I've been reading this site only since August or so, I don't know what has happened here before. Anyone have any idea as to why people/other sites would dislike this site so much?

Possibly because it's so popular and well informed. Just how many sites has Gabe Newell registered an account at, anyway? Not just registered but actually uses (granted, on an infrequent basis)!

Basically, I think it's just jealousy, and because the staff here does an excellent just presenting facts and information while other sites are too busy grandstanding (Planet Half-Life being the most obvious example, despite Fragmaster being right about the delay).

In all honestly, HalfLIfe2.net could advertise themselves as "The Most Popular Half-Life 2 Fansite!" but that's just not their style. Besides, thousands of site hits a day speaks for itself.

well christ knows what that radio thing is like cos i sure as hell aint putting win-amp on my rig.

me & winamp = GRIEF

if there is something new concerning the release date then i will get on my desk and dance

Thanks for the reply, Mountain Man. I sort of thought it could have been something like that.

Too bad the radio show is aired in the middle of the night here, although I would stay up (probably just to hear that Gabe won't be there...) unless I didn't have to go to the dentist in the next morning. Oh well...

i got banned from that lame website because i said it was a copy and past of planet halflife

This is the best site on the internet for chatting and getting the latest info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back