Get the Info From GABE himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here it goes:

I have been going to this site before halfliferadio. Hell, i found out about hlradio from a thread on here. From my experience being in the radio channel, there are MANY immature people.. especially with the growing number of listeners. the ops simply dont want to put up with immaturity so they ban people.. they are sick of people critizing.. even Andy himself said that hes too old to deal with this. Just from the hl2.net staff posts you can tell that for hl2.net, its ALL about popularity. in this thread, people keep bringing up the subject of "ohh hl2.net is the best fansite blablabla". At hlradio, they just simply want to have a nice enviroment, they dont want to have a "website war". They dont CARE about silly hl2 politics. This is why your finding ME posting about it, and not hlradio staff. They just simply arent going to stoop down to this pathetic level of fighting over whos more popular. Maybe you people who got banned deserved it, and maybe some of you did not deserve it. I dont know, because i am just a listener. All i can say about that is try to contact them in a civilized manner. If you dont beleive that some of the HLradio staff are mature, then contact Andy.. Explain to ANDY why you disagree some of the ops... because i know for sure Andy is a very reasonable person and very mature. HLradio got this interview for the PEOPLE. the questions were taken from the PEOPLE. THIS ISNT ABOUT WHO CAN GET THE INTERVIEW AND WHO CANT. I myself am very happy that we are finally going to finally have an interview, after all that has been going on. tonight will be the the night where most of our minds will probably be put to rest.

Originally posted by perrkele
Yeah I've noticed it too. A lot of sites seem to completely ignore halflife2.net for some reason. A while ago, when I started browsing through hl2-sites to get some info, I found this one to be the best. But since I've been reading this site only since August or so, I don't know what has happened here before. Anyone have any idea as to why people/other sites would dislike this site so much?

I know I sound like an egotistical moron when I say this but in a sense it's the truth. One of the main reasons is jealousy.

Some of them are annoyed that we've got all this fame and all this community yet our site isn't working 100%. With these people I totally understand their anger. Things are going somewhat slow for us at this point in time, we'd all love to have the website up and running but we keep hitting road blocks. I stress that we are working on it though.

Others are simply annoyed that we've evolved to a stage now where even Valve Staff will use us to make public announcements. Although they never admit to it you can spot jealousy in their attitude when they post news about us or generally talk about us.

We have basically reached a point now where we don't really need to be advertised by other Half-Life2 community websites, even though it would be nice if they ACTED LIKE COMMUNITY WEBSITES and we all worked together. That's why we let "rivals" advertise their websites and their upcoming projects on our forums most of the time, we don't really look at them as a threat anymore. Hell, we're even helping new Half-Life2 websites start up by helping them sort out IRC community channels etc, etc.

It's unfortunate for me to report that we have now officially fallen out with halflifesource.com . Not in a "can everyone please now slate the living crap out of them" sense but in a "They're going to ignore us and we're going to ignore them" sense. They don't like our conduct and we really, really dislike theirs.

Because they control the one main internet radio station for Half-Life2 news this might force us to start our own, infact I tell a lie - plans are already underway and if all goes well we should be calling in some professional help for research purposes and a little boost past the "omg, we're all newbs at doing this - wtf do we do.. where's the broadcast button.. ARRRgGHHH.. Am I on air? Hi. Why did the chicken cros..." stage.

Hell, we already have the community so listeners won't be a problem. YOU WILL LISTEN TO REC'S JOKES!!!1. ;(

Originally posted by Wasabi
Okay here it goes:

I have been going to this site before halfliferadio. Hell, i found out about hlradio from a thread on here. From my experience being in the radio channel, there are MANY immature people.. especially with the growing number of listeners. the ops simply dont want to put up with immaturity so they ban people.. they are sick of people critizing.. even Andy himself said that hes too old to deal with this. Just from the hl2.net staff posts you can tell that for hl2.net, its ALL about popularity. in this thread, people keep bringing up the subject of "ohh hl2.net is the best fansite blablabla". At hlradio, they just simply want to have a nice enviroment, they dont want to have a "website war". They dont CARE about silly hl2 politics. This is why your finding ME posting about it, and not hlradio staff. They just simply arent going to stoop down to this pathetic level of fighting over whos more popular. Maybe you people who got banned deserved it, and maybe some of you did not deserve it. I dont know, because i am just a listener. All i can say about that is try to contact them in a civilized manner. If you dont beleive that some of the HLradio staff are mature, then contact Andy.. Explain to ANDY why you disagree some of the ops... because i know for sure Andy is a very reasonable person and very mature. HLradio got this interview for the PEOPLE. the questions were taken from the PEOPLE. THIS ISNT ABOUT WHO CAN GET THE INTERVIEW AND WHO CANT. I myself am very happy that we are finally going to finally have an interview, after all that has been going on. tonight will be the the night where most of our minds will probably be put to rest.

If a website isn't popular then it doesn't get hits. If a website doesn't get hits then it dies. If a website dies then a website doesn't exist on the internet anymore. I'm crap at math but it's a simple formula.

We're not in it for the popularity but you can't have a go at us because our community says "I love this website, I love these forums". What? You want a ban on all nice comments? Well thought though.

Being a nazi is a common side effect of running a website.

HL2.net isnt so bad, I think the forum admin/mods do have itchy trigger fingers, but its not so bad.

BTW congrats to HL2.net for being 'the' HL2 news site. I tried to compete with www.planetdoom.com for a while, but you can't beat gamespy :(

This is my point exactly. Why are you so caught up in the jealousy factor? No one at HLradio is jealous. Thats a main point im trying to make. NO one is jealous. Get over it. Please. PLEASE i beg you. This isnt a race. This is not a fame race. We are trying to help the community, not be some superwebsite. Which is clearly what you are all trying to do. For you hl2.net staff, its all about the fame, its a big race, you think everyone is out to get you, to beat you in hits, to be more popular. We simply dont care. I love your forums. I love that its popular. But i dont care if its yours or anyone else's site. As long as the community is out there somewhere i dont care who has the best site. Get overyourself.

This is my point exactly. Why are you so caught up in the jealousy factor? No one at HLradio is jealous. Thats a main point im trying to make. NO one is jealous. Get over it. Please. PLEASE i beg you. This isnt a race. This is not a fame race. We are trying to help the community, not be some superwebsite. Which is clearly what you are all trying to do. For you hl2.net staff, its all about the fame, its a big race, you think everyone is out to get you, to beat you in hits, to be more popular. We simply dont care. I love your forums. I love that its popular. But i dont care if its yours or anyone else's site. As long as the community is out there somewhere i dont care who has the best site. Get overyourself.

We're not. Plus if you bothered to read my post I never said HLRadio were. If you want to continue posting in this thread may I suggest you do research before you post or you're going to be shown up every time.

yeah the radio would be great for halflife2.net.

Only thing is all the Big time Mod makers seem to be on halfliferadio so what exactly are you going to talk about...lol ?

WiredShock - It's not a case of competing with them. There's more than one car, more than one website on the same topic, more than one computer monitor, etc, etc :)

We too can interview the same people although we've never shown much interest in HL2 mods at this point in time because without Half-Life2 they really can't do much interesting stuff. We do plan to host a bunch of mods though.

i know you never said HLradio was. I am just trying to make a common ground with other sites and HLradio, that we arent jealous. I highly doubt anyone is "jealous" of your site. Im trying to make an overall point that nothing is about jealousy. And that you should realize that.

Dude, website competition DOES exist. All website admins want their site to be THE site. From your post I can tell you've never run a gaming website.

MSNBC cited HL2.net as source for Gabe's quotes. Does this make HL2.net admins feel warm and fuzzy, you bet. Are their egos proportional to this, prolly :D My favorite computer related site is [H]ard|OCP seem to be very big, good resource with fair moderators.

i know you never said HLradio was. I am just trying to make a common ground with other sites and HLradio, that we arent jealous. I highly doubt anyone is "jealous" of your site. Im trying to make an overall point that nothing is about jealousy. And that you should realize that.

I'm glad. It'd be really nice if we could all just work together.

okay, your right, i have never run a gaming site. maybe there is competition.

i'll just say this: its not coming from hlradio.

Originally posted by Killa|3yte
Are their egos proportional to this, prolly :D

Lies.

WE RULE, WOOHOO!!1

ahem.

Lies.

Wasabi I think what bugged most of the staff here is the hl2source folks saying we posted a large amount of fakes , made up emails and that the gabe account is also fake. If not saying that out loud then directly insinuating that it was the case. If not them directly then their community which we felt let down by.

But anyways moving on , we've all got much better things to occupy our time with.

On that note if anyone knows a decent strategy to homeworld2 level 12 gimme a shout .....
with the 12 destroyers and 6 battlecruiser's .... it's just not fun :E

Originally posted by Hot Soup
If not saying that out loud then directly insinuating that it was the case.

Well, that, my friend, is where the confusion begins.

They are not out to discredit hl2.net. its simply up to speculation.

How is banning anyone that gives you some criticism helping the community? I've been in your IRC once and when I saw someone get banned because they said you should play different music I simply left and never came back. The idea for the site is great, but if you act like a bunch of jackasses who feel like you have all the power in the world you aren't going to get very far in community standings. Competition is here whether you want to admit it or not, you want to be the best, hl2.net wants to be the best, and some site hosted on angelfire also wants to be the best. This is true in everything on the internet, that is the reason most people open a web site. Basically all I am saying is this, accept criticism as it will make your site a lot better in the end, you can take my advice or leave it. Its all up to you and I really don't care what you do in the end, I simply want to give you some advice.

I'm listening to it now...is this thing planned ?, there is loads of pauses where noone says anything :( lol

Originally posted by simmo
I'm listening to it now...is this thing planned ?, there is loads of pauses where noone says anything :( lol
I think I read on their site that they are just testing their systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back