Girl Kills Herself With Wii Gun...

Heh. But that does bring up the question of what he was trying to achieve by buying a replica gun for the Wii. Maybe he was intentionally trying to not to distinguish between the two of them, for some reason. Maybe he was trying to bring her up to be a gun nut, and it--no pun intended, honestly--backfired on him.

Yeah, I think he just liked that gun. He owned one, found a Wii version of it, and had to have it.

So what do you think the lesson here is? Don't let your children play with toy guns until they understand what real guns are?

I think I'd be a terrible parent. Children are so impressionable, and I'm not a good role model. I'd probably slip up all the time and curse in front of my child, and shit.

Tragic accident my ass, this was obviously pre-meditated. A parent who deliberately buys a realistic gun-like controller for his kid to play with and then leaves his real gun, loaded, safety off, and in easy reach, is a murderer and should be tried as one. The mother, who also did nothing to prevent it like any normal parent would, should also be convicted.

UGH this is terrible.

A young life wasted because a ****ing dirtbag couldn't

A: keep his gun locked up
B: keep the safety on

**** YOU NINTENDO REVOLUTION!

See, I dont get shit like this. Why do idiots like this go around hunting for "prowlers" with a loaded weapon that has the safety off? If I thought someone was in my back yard, I'd turn on the light and look through the window before going for any kind of weapon. This kind of 'shoot first, ask questions later' mentality of so many idiot gun owners is one of the reasons why I am for more gun control. We need to have at least some kind of IQ requirement, and frankly I think there should be an agreement they have to sign when they buy the weapon that they are legally responsible for any accidents that happen with the weapon. Maybe then people will keep their shit locked up and think twice about removing it for stupid ass reasons.

See, I dont get shit like this. Why do idiots like this go around hunting for "prowlers" with a loaded weapon that has the safety off? If I thought someone was in my back yard, I'd turn on the light and look through the window before going for any kind of weapon. This kind of 'shoot first, ask questions later' mentality of so many idiot gun owners is one of the reasons why I am for more gun control. We need to have at least some kind of IQ requirement, and frankly I think there should be an agreement they have to sign when they buy the weapon that they are legally responsible for any accidents that happen with the weapon. Maybe then people will keep their shit locked up and think twice about removing it for stupid ass reasons.

It's ironic. By locking up the weapon, it defeats the whole purpose of protecting the family, because now you have to get your key out, unlock whatever box is holding the gun, and take it out. This is more than enough time for the criminals to do whatever crap they want. What if the gun was in the kitchen, and you were in your bedroom, but the criminals were also in the kitchen?

Having guns as a whole is just not a good idea in my opinion. I mean if people are so afraid of a break in, maybe they should be a little more responsible. Lock your windows, get better doors, security cameras etc. Guns are hurting more people than it protects. Heck, I'm not sure if guns ever protect anyone. All it does is hurt people.

I mean if people are so afraid of a break in, maybe they should be a little more responsible. Lock your windows, get better doors, security cameras etc.
Because windows and doors are impenetrable defenses that no intruder could ever get through, and security cameras spring to life and protect you and your family, right?

It's ironic. By locking up the weapon, it defeats the whole purpose of protecting the family, because now you have to get your key out, unlock whatever box is holding the gun, and take it out. This is more than enough time for the criminals to do whatever crap they want. What if the gun was in the kitchen, and you were in your bedroom, but the criminals were also in the kitchen?

Having guns as a whole is just not a good idea in my opinion. I mean if people are so afraid of a break in, maybe they should be a little more responsible. Lock your windows, get better doors, security cameras etc. Guns are hurting more people than it protects. Heck, I'm not sure if guns ever protect anyone. All it does is hurt people.

Hmm. To lock up my weapon or not. On the one hand, if I keep it locked up I won't be able to protect my family, on the other... damn, my daughter just killed herself with my unlocked, safety off gun.

It's just another statistic of people with guns being more likely to hurt or kill their loved ones than protecting themselves from burglars.

Because windows and doors are impenetrable defenses that no intruder could ever get through, and security cameras spring to life and protect you and your family, right?

And all guns come with aimbots and wallhacks that let you see through walls and headshot enemies with every pull of the trigger while we play in a server with FF off, right?

I've met dozens of people with guns, and they are all retards. I'm not even joking or anything. OK, not retards, but ****ing idiots. The only exception - the only person I trust with a firearm - is my father. I don't even trust myself with one, so I sold them all.

I've known a couple people who owned weapons, and only one of them actually had some sort of safe or lockable box for his. The rest would just leave them out wherever they felt like putting them down. One of my childhood friends' parents gave my friend a gun, and every time I went over his house it would just be sitting there on his bed. I eventually stopped going over his place because he was kinda psycho once he got to know you and relaxed a bit. Loved jumping into thorn bushes for some reason.

I love how people jump on the barrel to 'lol America gun control'. Why not skip your political views and think WHAT THE **** WERE THOSE ****ING IDIOT PARENTS THINKING?! Darkside can raise a storm about educating your children all he wants, but the fact of the matter is that it should NEVER have been in reach of that child ever. On a table, loaded, no trigger lock?! ****.

Well I forgive you because you're a good dog.

Never once at 3 years old did I ever mistake the thing for my NES Zapper, which arguably looked more like a real gun than the damned Wii lightgun.

Did you check the image in the article linked? He didn't buy the official Wii gun, but a third-party one(which is made to look like a real handgun, black and all.)

And all guns come with aimbots and wallhacks that let you see through walls and headshot enemies with every pull of the trigger while we play in a server with FF off, right?
Unlike windows, doors, and security cameras, a gun being flashed at an intruder--even if it isn't fired--is a pretty strong deterrent. Plus I'd like to think that most people wouldn't attempt to fire through a wall, and you don't have to go for a headshot--the body's a large enough target.

Have I told you guys how much I ****ing hate you all?

I ****ing posted this 2 days ago http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3118683&postcount=104

And nobody ****ing said a word.

Now it's posted and it gets 4 pages in a day?

You all can go die.
I BET YOU'RE WISHING YOU POSTED THIS IN ITS OWN THREAD NOW, AREN'T YOU, MISTER "I didn't want to make a new thread!"

Gargantou said:
Did you check the image in the article linked? He didn't buy the official Wii gun, but a third-party one(which is made to look like a real handgun, black and all.)
It has been established that I am aware of that now.

I love how people jump on the barrel to 'lol America gun control'. Why not skip your political views and think WHAT THE **** WERE THOSE ****ING IDIOT PARENTS THINKING?! Darkside can raise a storm about educating your children all he wants, but the fact of the matter is that it should NEVER have been in reach of that child ever. On a table, loaded, no trigger lock?! ****.

I agree and this shit should be investigated, IMO it's negligent as **** what the dad did.

Also, Darkside is a potato-head!

Unlike windows, doors, and security cameras, a gun being flashed at an intruder--even if it isn't fired--is a pretty strong deterrent. Plus I'd like to think that most people wouldn't attempt to fire through a wall, and you don't have to go for a headshot--the body's a large enough target.

We living in a hollywood movie where people freeze as soon as a gun is pointed at them or something? If I was breaking into someones place, and came face to face with someone pointing a gun at me, my instincts would probably be to flinch into a shitty kind of dodge in case he fired, and then to shoot at him myself.

As for walls, I was more talking about how you can't see through them normally, and thus you wont really know where they are. You might have a higher chance of getting the drop on them since you know the structure, but without knowing where they are, theres still a risk that you might be caught off guard yourself. And body shots dont usually kill people right away when theres adrenaline involved, so good luck not getting shot in the process.

I BET YOU'RE WISHING YOU POSTED THIS IN ITS OWN THREAD NOW, AREN'T YOU, MISTER "I didn't want to make a new thread!"

Everyone was already arguing about gun control in that thread, and so is everyone in here, so I really don't see any good reason for why nobody responded.

Also thread-making is indeed for fags.

I'm pretty sure I have the lowest thread/postcount ratio on the boards by a lot.

so I really don't see any good reason for why nobody responded
Probably because there was already a morass of posts in that thread, drawing attention away from yours. This is actually one of those things that did warrant its own thread to be fully discussed.

Also is there a way to check postcount vs. threads created?

Go to "Find threads made by this user" and compare the count to his total post count...

0.37% of my posts are threads.

Beat that.

Edit: Yours is like .8%

Go to "Find threads made by this user" and compare the count to his total post count...

0.37% of my posts are threads.

Beat that.

Edit: Yours is like .8%

Damnit, I'm trying to do this but I can only get the first 200 threads . I'm generally curious about mine.

Help me, Lord Veggies!

If you've made over 200 threads then you already lost.

I don't give a shit about your e-penis contest, I'm just curious what my post/thread create ratio is

There is a point to this thread. The clue is in the title.

You can go start a thread about not starting threads if you like, just not here.

You know I love you guys, but if you dont like it, go on the internet and complain.

...wait...

[edit] I guess this thread was always going to lead to an argument about gun control, so its kind of futile to fight against it.

***k it, I've got to ask; what the hell do these people think they are protecting themselves from?

Theres these people who have this ideology about being 'Openly Armed' or something. What they hell are they packing for? Zombies? Terrorist attack?

Or Bob who decided the only way to keep bringing in money was to steal it from someone's house?

Its so messed up here in the UK; if someone breaks into your house, no matter what they do, you cant hurt them in any way if they flee the premeses. So if they break into your house, slaughter your family in their sleep, and you run after him, catch him, and basically beat him to death (who wouldnt..easier option is to head shot him from the bathroom window though I guess if you're in the US), YOU go to jail for manslaughter. Great justice system.

I dont think anyone has disputed that. Its an obvious thing to think about straight away, so we may have already passed that and are now debating gun control. Its a bit like smacking your head into a wall over and over. You really feel like you're getting somewhere with each passing minute.

Its so messed up here in the UK; if someone breaks into your house, no matter what they do, you cant hurt them in any way if they flee the premeses. So if they break into your house, slaughter your family in their sleep, and you run after him, catch him, and basically beat him to death (who wouldnt..easier option is to head shot him from the bathroom window though I guess if you're in the US), YOU go to jail for manslaughter. Great justice system.
Here in the US, you would also get in trouble if you ran after him, caught him, and beat him to death.

BUT

if you killed him WHILE HE WAS IN YOUR HOUSE, you're totally fine.

BUT

if you just wound him, he could potentially sue.

But if you kill him while he's in your house, you're totally in the clear.

Fuck yeah, America.

How's that **** yeah?

If you kill a person breaking into your house the circumstances should still be investigated, i.e. was he shot from behind, was he carrying a weapon and so forth in my opinion.

I'm glad I don't live in America.

I'd never trade nude hot and blonde traffic officers for overly free guns laws!

Sweden, **** YEAH!

But if you kill him while he's in your house, you're totally in the clear.

If you trap him in your house, he can sue you too. Basically the only safe option is to kill them right away. I guess it does make sense why people shoot first and ask questions later. They could get sued otherwise.

If you kill a person breaking into your house the circumstances should still be investigated, i.e. was he shot from behind, was he carrying a weapon and so forth in my opinion.
Naw man. All you've gotta say are the magic words: "I felt threatened for my life." Investigation? Screw that. "He broke into my house and I felt threatened for my life." That's all you gotta say. It's magical. If someone comes into your home, you're well within your rights to kill 'em. You just gotta say, "I felt threatened for my life."

America is a magical place to live. Naked blonde women you can find anywhere. Not everywhere do you have a full-blown license to kill someone for stepping foot in your domicile.

You got a single example to substantiate that with?

I highly doubt it, the fact is, if somebody breaks into your house you can use reasonable force. What you can't do is chase them with a knife as they're running away, becuase then there's clear intent to kill. No-one deserves to die for robbing a house.

I can't fucking believe anyone is white-knighting leaving a loaded gun near a kid. Stop being so goddamn retarded and/or your trolling.

I can't fucking believe anyone is white-knighting leaving a loaded gun near a kid.
It's just me. Don't be so passive-aggressive about it. You can't believe Darkside55 is white-knighting leaving a loaded gun near a kid. I'm not gonna bite your head off if you call me out on it. It's not like there was anyone else defending it. You don't have to do that "anyone" bullshit.

I'm not sure what's passive-aggressive about it. Being passive-aggressive is well, aggression whilst avoiding confrontation, like stabbing the tires of someone you're pissed at. I, however, was pretty direct in calling out your bullshit, you know I was talking to you and I fully expected a response. I would say it was a deliberate consideration as I didn't read every post and there might have been more.

The same thing for sarcasm, they say it's passive-aggressive, but isn't it only passive-aggressive if the target doesn't understand sarcasm? Otherwise, it seems like a pretty direct and confrontational way of saying someone is full of shit.

Saying "anybody" when there's ONE PERSON doing it is pretty passive-aggressive, man. That's a textbook definition of it. Like, "I don't wanna name names, but SOME PEOPLE..."

But in any case, I rightly don't care. As stated like, a hojillion times in this thread, I was raised in my formative years with an ever-present gun that was never locked up, and never managed to shoot myself. And the only thing I've been "white-knighting" is that if you're going to have a gun ANYWHERE in the house, you should teach your child gun safety. Even if you don't have a gun. And in fact if you go back and actually read my first post, I say, "teach your kid about guns and THEN LOCK IT UP."

But apparently you glossed over that part as you were so blinded with passive-aggressive rage that you just had to tell SOMEBODY off.

Saying "anybody" when there's ONE PERSON doing it is pretty passive-aggressive, man. That's a textbook definition of it. Like, "I don't wanna name names, but SOME PEOPLE..."

.. ARE MASSIVE FAGGOTS?

But in any case, I rightly don't care. As stated like, a hojillion times in this thread, I was raised in my formative years with an ever-present gun that was never locked up, and never managed to shoot myself.

Of course, cause you didn't manage to shoot yourself, it means it's perfectly safe as long as you teach your kid about guns, because anecdote = evidence. Lets get some people here who DID shoot themselves, oh wait, THEY'RE DEAD!

But apparently you glossed over that part as you were so blinded with passive-aggressive rage that you just had to tell SOMEBODY off.

Somebody should eat a cock. Mine. Lets bromance.

Back