Giving up on TF2.

Spies can outnumber 50 turrets in 5 minutes. Play more tactical...

Each and every class has it's advantages and they have their weakness. They have other classes they are better against and classes they suck against. Learn to play tacticaly.
Engineers are nothing but any other class with a good team.

Spies can outnumber 50 turrets in 5 minutes. Play more tactical...

I would love to see you take out 50 turrets in 5 minutes as a spy.

I think things are pretty balanced, but it's still not remotely easy to take out groups of turrets given that a good percentage of engineers are more worried about shooting you in the face than repairing their disabled turret.

People should really start getting friendly with the Demoman class. Spies are good for single turrets, but if you're finding big groups of them, it's easy enough to sticky the area a good few times and then blow them all to hell and back.

I'm a horrible Demoman player but that's the best way to take out turrets for sure.

People would play Demoman more if they made the primary grenades something more than a slower, clumsier rocket launcher.

I have not really had any issues with sucking it up with demo, because if the primary fails, the secondary weapon will cleanup for sure.

Yeah, the sticky bombs can net you some decent kills for sure if you know how to use thim. So right now, the Demoman are a good chokepoint-holding class, but their grenades' lack of effectiveness mean that they aren't a good indirect fire class, which they should be.

Yeah, the sticky bombs can net you some decent kills for sure if you know how to use thim.

Heh, just got out of a game on Dustbowl (defense), in one round:

27 points
25 kills
8430 damage
5 dominations (+1 I had already dominated, so I was dominating half the team)

D:

Stickybombs fucking own.

Engineers should simply be forced to become soldiers/scouts/whatever for the duration of Sudden Death. I like Sudden Death though, it should definitely stay. Just the sentry camping is annoying.
A simple solution would be to remove all the ammo crates in the level before sudden death starts - it would make it much harder for the engineers to get setup in time.

Heh, just got out of a game on Dustbowl (defense), in one round:

27 points
25 kills
8430 damage
5 dominations (+1 I had already dominated, so I was dominating half the team)

D:

Stickybombs fucking own.

A Demoman/Medic combo is sometimes more frightening than an ubercharged Heavy. Sometimes that last push on dustbowl can go for ages due to heavy defense. But an invulnerable demoman can spam his heart out and destroy a stronghold.

I did this last night and in just a few seconds, at least half of defense was out. We still lost due to my team's inability to follow through after such heroics. But it's still very potent.

I HATE how medics seem to think they can only uber heavies. I think heavies are only good uber targets under certain circumstances, they're good healer targets because they're quite durable, but that's not an issue when you're invulnerable and you just want the most firepower. Yet, when you pick heavy, suddenly every medic on the server clings to your ass. Demoman is quite scary when ubered, but pyro's are great too.

I would love to see you take out 50 turrets in 5 minutes as a spy.

I think things are pretty balanced, but it's still not remotely easy to take out groups of turrets given that a good percentage of engineers are more worried about shooting you in the face than repairing their disabled turret.

I can't recall saying I would do it alone. I said spies ;)

I HATE how medics seem to think they can only uber heavies. I think heavies are only good uber targets under certain circumstances, they're good healer targets because they're quite durable, but that's not an issue when you're invulnerable and you just want the most firepower. Yet, when you pick heavy, suddenly every medic on the server clings to your ass. Demoman is quite scary when ubered, but pyro's are great too.

Shit, where are you playing. I have to bed medics to heal/uber ME! :(

Banish sudden death mode - it is awful! - and make the turrets take a fraction longer to lock on. Then everything will be all good.

Back