Gman and friends.

A short extension of my G-Man theory.

Opposing Force said:
The biggest embarrassment has been the Black Mesa Facility but I think that's finally taking care of itself.
Apparently, "taking care" of the Black Mesa was part of his contract. I think that in the Opposing Force, G-Man's employers are human(either Breen or US Government) Why would he care about the Black Mesa being "the biggest embarassement" and silencing the witnesses in any other case?
Knowing that the incident would require involvement of the Hazardous Environment Combat Units, G-Man personally chose the teams that were going to be sent to the Black Mesa. This would be the explanation of G-Man's interest in Adrian before the actual incident. Consequently, this would mean the G-Man knew about the RC beforehand, and he might have actually caused it. What for? Was RC only a pre-employment test for Freeman? I think not.

HL1 said:
I have recommended your services to my employers, and they have authorized me to offer you a job.
Now, this is interesting. So, G-Man is working for someone, and I don't think he meant vortigaunts(they were the only ones who benefitted from Gordon's actions, besides G-Man himself). Perhaps G-Man's employers own the Aperture Science Enrichment Center?

It would seem that the vortigaunts have employed Gordon again in HL2. In both HL1 and HL2, they've probably contacted G-Man's employers rather than directly him.

Perhaps G-Man's employers own the Aperture Science Enrichment Center?
Interesting. I'm still confused about when in the HL saga Portal is taking place - I get mixed signals from what I have seen of Portal thus far.

I've always thought it interesting that Gman referrers to his employers making the decisions in HL/OP4 but in HL2 its implied that he is in charge.

I think the g-man is a mercenary and his employers authorizing him to have a job is just him saying
"Can I take him or do you want him dead?"

I say Eli is well aware of Gordon and G-man, either on his own or from the Vortigaunts. His comment in BME about "taking this long to get back to me", seems to be light hearted like he knew there was no way he would be seeing Gordon anytime soon after the BM incident, ribbing him about it basically.

Also, Gordon was 27 in HL1. Alyx was just an infant and almost 20 years have gone by. I would feel weird with my daughter getting together with a colleague of mine twice her age. But Eli seems quite happy with the idea of Alyx and Gordon together. So he must have known the predicament Gordon was in and possibly the reasoning behind it.

Well Samon has been through this all and he wll answer your questions at the press confrence with Me, Glenn The Great and Angry Lawyer and much more.
And Dr_Crowbar... try the search button

Well Samon has been through this all and he wll answer your questions at the press confrence with Me, Glenn The Great and Angry Lawyer and much more.
WTF are you talking about?

This was the most recent thread I've seen relating to the topic. And I didn't want to start another thread.

Back