God is the only reason we exist (proof inside)

The Monkey

The Freeman
Reaction score
What's with all you heathens saying there is no God? He is the only reason we exist. He made us, so if deny His existence, you deny your own existence as well.

Like Mr. T said, "If it wasn't for your mother, you wouldn't be here, so remember, when you're putting down one mother you're puttting down mothers all over the world."

Only replace "mother" with "God".

You people are not seriously saying that you know things better than Mr. T, are you?

Yes I am.

Topic turns into religious flame war in 3...2...1...

What the hell are you talking about?

I think a fair point to make here is that I did not come out of God's vagina, like I did my mother's.

Where is the proof?

What the hell are you talking about?

I think a fair point to make here is that I did not come out of God's vagina, like I did my mother's.

I came in God's vagina.

I'll get my coat.

Who actually believes this?

The god thing, not the Mr T bit, I believe in him.

What's with all you heathens saying there is no God? He is the only reason we exist. He made us, so if deny His existence, you deny your own existence as well.

Like Mr. T said, "If it wasn't for your mother, you wouldn't be here, so remember, when you're putting down one mother you're puttting down mothers all over the world."

You people are not seriously saying that you know things better than Mr. T, are you?

Descartes already did that argument a few hundred years before Mr.T. It boils down to solipsism, existentialism, and ontology. All of these areas have vast amounts of writing on them which is too much to sum up here. But everything you can think up about the topic has been thought up and written about by someone else.

You must be confused.
God did not create us. We invented the idea of god. Furthermore, that idea is only an idea and nothing more.

However, the flying spaghetti monster is real! He is the only creator!! I believe according to the church of the spaghetti monster, all other gods are false and not real and believing in them damns you to spaghetti hell!! Tell your lies to someone else and be struck down by the one who they call spaghetti monster or be saved and follow the flying spaghetti monster!

We must get them to stop teaching evolution and we must laugh at creationism!! We must get them to teach how the flying spaghetti monster created us all in every school in every nation so everyone knows the truth!

wait...the monkey, your not serious are you? Hard to detect seriousness over jokes on the internets!

They're resisting the Mr. T argument, quickly, use the Chewbacca Defense!

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him ...

Can't remember who said it again. I say he's invented personally.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca.
chewbacca.jpg

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with God? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with God! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a man defending atheism, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Damn, beat to it. My internets was being slow.

You guys all missed the entire point of the argument, but I wouldn't expect more from HL2.net

Christians, only people you can still make fun of.

I came in God's vagina.

I'll get my coat.
HOLY SHIT!

No one laughed at this?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This made me LOL quite a bit. :D

PvtRyan, I do say dear sir, you are funny as all hell.
:D

I don't know, Mr T has a point.

And a mohawk.

HOLY SHIT!

No one laughed at this?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This made me LOL quite a bit. :D

PvtRyan, I do say dear sir, you are funny as all hell.
:D

Sarcasm? D:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca.
chewbacca.jpg

Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

Closet pedophile. That's why.

What do athiests believe? Just curious.

/heads to wikipedia.

Ah yes, the monkey, the very symbol of evolution...

cant believe you guys are taking him seriously.... wow.

/heads to wikipedia.

its quite simple really we believe that god does not exist. then you can get into that whole agnostic stuff but it all boils down to not believing in god :).

of course god's real, why wouldn't he be? How do you think the universe got here? How do you think we were made? I can't imagine looking around at all of the wonderful things in our world and not beliving in a higher power.

of course god's real, why wouldn't he be? How do you think the universe got here? How do you think we were made? I can't imagine looking around at all of the wonderful things in our world and not beliving in a higher power.

How did the universe get here?

Good question. But I don't think invoking a magical man to explain it is a very eloquent way to end that infinite regress. After all, then you'd be begging the question, "how did that magical man get there?", which of course, is the same problem we began with.

How do you think we were made
?

We weren't "made". We're the result of millions of years of natural selection.

When judgment day comes, He will save the pious and Hell's demons will ignite the wicked.

I don't know. And i would rather not know than just say, "God".

its quite simple really we believe that god does not exist. then you can get into that whole agnostic stuff but it all boils down to not believing in god :).
Actually it's a mixture of, "We believe God Does not Exist" and "We have no belief in a god". Two very different statements.

/heads to wikipedia.
A = Without
Theist = Belief In God
Without Belief In God.
Simply put, the term Atheist means you lack the belief in a god. Now that term has been modified to also include, the belief that no god exists too.

Thats it. Nothing more. It's like saying "I'm not a mechanic". It doesn't define anything else about you.

Nothing

If you are going to go into this much detail over the existence or non-existance of a god, you must first decide what the concept of 'nothing' means to you. If we say we have nothing, we have something, because we named it nothing. By assigning it a name you have assigned it a place in reality, therefore the word 'nothing' becomes paradoxical, as it implies that it does not exist, and at the same time mocks you because 'nothing' is there, right in your face.

'Nothing' is as real as you or I, because if there were no 'nothingness', than 'suchness' would in turn be equal to 'nothing', which would mean that you and I wouldn't exist... and neither would this keyboard, or this computer, or the universe. 'Nothing' exists just as much as 'gods' do, as a symbol for something that we do not understand.
- me [noisebleed]

noisebleed does not understand the concept of a zero apparently

i pity noisebleed

Nothing

If you are going to go into this much detail over the existence or non-existance of a god, you must first decide what the concept of 'nothing' means to you. If we say we have nothing, we have something, because we named it nothing. By assigning it a name you have assigned it a place in reality, therefore the word 'nothing' becomes paradoxical, as it implies that it does not exist, and at the same time mocks you because 'nothing' is there, right in your face.

'Nothing' is as real as you or I, because if there were no 'nothingness', than 'suchness' would in turn be equal to 'nothing', which would mean that you and I wouldn't exist... and neither would this keyboard, or this computer, or the universe. 'Nothing' exists just as much as 'gods' do, as a symbol for something that we do not understand.
- me [noisebleed]

"Nothing" is not something that exists.That's utter nonsense. "Nothing" is simply a word we use to refer to a lack of something. ie. a lack of matter, energy, etc. By definition, nothing is a "non-thing", and things, by definition, exist.

"God" however refers to an entity. An entity is a thing. Things are supposed to exist. However, if we must assign the badge of "existence" to any thing, we must first have evidence, or at least enough probability, for its existence. Without evidence, we can say nothing about the existence of God.

If the theist claims that God exists "outside" of the universe. ie., he is not a physical thing or entity, and thus cannot leave evidence, then he would be by definition a "non-thing", or nothing, and therefore would not exist.

I would type in the entire section on Stephen Colbert's outlook on atheism, but I can't be bothered. Someone find it on the internets.

I have a few questions. Outta curiosity.

So, what do athiests believe happens after they die?

Do they believe in a devil/hell?

How did the universe begin? What started it?

I am not attacking your views just curious as to what they are.

I have a few questions. Outta curiosity.

I am not attacking your views just curious as to what they are.

An atheist is a person that doesn't believe in a god or gods. Being an atheist doesn't say anyhing else about that persons beliefs besides that fact.

Now to answere your other questions, these are just my personal views, it has nothing to do with me being an atheist.

So, what do athiests believe happens after they die?

Nothing, you just cease to exist. Your body dies and that's it.

Do they believe in a devil/hell?

No

How did the universe begin? What started it?

Big Bang theory. What caused the Big Bang, I don't know.

Back