Going to the gym

Razor said:
Isn't Muay Thai just a guy trying to kick, punch, elbow the crap out of you as quickly as he possibly can? :).

Heheh, in essence.. Yes! :p

But they are good and bad ways of doing it. A good muay Thai boxer is a formidable apponant to any martial art.

Muay Thai tends to teach you how to use the more simple techniques extremely well rather than teaching you the advanced techniques that arnt guaranteed to work in a "street situation"

For this reason I reckon its a very good idea to do Muay Thai And also do another martial art like ju jit su. The combination is most impresive. :)

Ok, just signed up to the local gym, but i have to go straight after work tomorrow to have an interview with them to see what i want to get out of it and for them to assess my fitness level, so it means no Halflife2 for me until around 4pm tomorrow :(.

They also do Martial Arts as well there, Jeet Kune Do, Kick Boxing and Lau Gau Kung Fu, can't wait :).

Started the gym on Tuesday, did my cardio induction on Tuesday and my weights induction yesterday and was shown all the equipment and was told about what i would need to do to get what i want out of it.

I am going 4 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and using all the machines plus side situps and an exercise where i lift my legs in the air, or something. Anyway, it is a lot of fun but it is definately making my muscles sore, so it must be doing something.

My main aim at the moment is pure strength building, then after 3 - 4 months, reassess where i am heading and starting doing exercises purely for the Martial Arts.

The Martial arts i will be doing will be Jeet Kund Do, Kick Boxing and then Lau Gar Kung Fu.

Back