gold status next week still might be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
P43.2/1Gig/X800P said:
if your not going to play the game with everything set to high ,then why even bother buying it in the first place...
Because the gameplay will still be enjoyable even if you have to dial down the visuals. While you will undoubtedly disagree, this is a reality for many people.

The Mistress said:
I see it as a blessing, I dont need the newest cards, as Im not interested in AA etc.

so have you seen 2 screenshots side by side, 1 with no AA, 1 with 4x aa?, just curious

Mountain Man said:
Because the gameplay will still be enjoyable even if you have to dial down the visuals. While you will undoubtedly disagree, this is a reality for many people.

and visual's arnt everything, I think his graphics ideal's appeal towards doom 3, more than half life 2.

i just hate hearing people complaining, you just wait when the game is finally released there will be threads on this topic.

Example: Thread name - 1 year wait and it looks like ****

And let's not forget that Half-Life was about a generation behind graphically but that didn't stop it from becoming a classic.

Mountain Man said:

no doubt it would be enjoyable.

but its easy to deny any more enjoyability you would get from having better hardware to have higher detail if you simply don't have enough money to get this hardware. its a human tendency that creates illogical bias

poseyjmac said:
so have you seen 2 screenshots side by side, 1 with no AA, 1 with 4x aa?, just curious

Yea I have, my card can run AA pretty well as well, but I cant tell the difference.

My eyesight aparently sucks.

clarky003 said:
but it looks friggin excellent without everything maxxed out anyway,

silly :dozey:

but is that to say it won't look even more excellent? i never said it didn't look excellent, although thats subjective. but the point is it can look better.

poseyjmac said:
oh please. it doesn't cost $1000 to upgrade if you are anywhere near a smart pc part shopper. and then some people have good jobs.

I'll just pick some computer parts and see what it comes up to.

Let's see.
Newegg prices:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+: $223.00
ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset: $137.00
X800pro: $495.00

Total: $855

Add taxes and then boom, there's your 1000 bucks. And this is me being optimistic since I didn't add ram or get the best AMD chip.

EDIT: and if you live in canada like me, the prices are even higher.

The Mistress said:
Yea I have, my card can run AA pretty well as well, but I cant tell the difference.

My eyesight aparently sucks.

well im not the one who said it! :thumbs:

poseyjmac said:

sorry to but in, but AA doesnt really make all that much difference when youve got your head at the correct distance away from the screen, instead of playing with your face 6 inches away.. going . ooo :O look at the Aliased lines,, mmmm,

when your concentrating on taking out a group of combine soldiers

Kiva128 said:
I'll just pick some computer parts and see what it comes up to.

Let's see.
Newegg prices:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+: $223.00
ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset: $137.00
X800pro: $495.00

Total: $855

Add taxes and then boom, there's your 1000 bucks. And this is me being optimistic since I didn't add ram or get the best AMD chip.

EDIT: and if you live in canada like me, the prices are even higher.

newegg isn't necessarily the best way to go all the time. you can get an x800pro for $400 at a lot of places.

and for example I got my mobile athlon 2400+ xp for $70, $100 for the motherboard. overclocked it to an effective 2500mhz, its on par with an athlon 64 3200+ in benchmarks.

clarky003 said:
sorry to but in, but AA doesnt really make all that much difference when youve got your head at the correct distance away from the screen, instead of playing with your face 6 inches away.. going . ooo :O look at the Aliased lines,, mmmm,

when your concentrating on taking out a group of combine soldiers

this is subjective. so we'll just end this tangent on that note.

i personally think 4x AA at any res higher than 1280x1024 is not a big deal, others disagree. subjective

poseyjmac said:
no doubt it would be enjoyable.

but its easy to deny any more enjoyability you would get from having better hardware to have higher detail if you simply don't have enough money to get this hardware. its a human tendency that creates illogical bias
Honestly, better visuals are fun for about five minutes then it's all about the gameplay. I've upgraded in the past and played some of my favorite games with the visuals notched up, and while it's fun to pay attention to the changes, I quickly forget to notice and simply enjoy the game. It's also worth noting that increasing the visual quality has rarely increased my enjoyment of a particular game. Granted, there are exceptions like Doom 3 which is all about graphics and rather light on gameplay, but most games in general do not become more enjoyable with higher graphics settings.

Mountain Man said:
Subjective opinion

ok. thats your subjective opinion and i respect that. but not everyone is like this. some people can appreciate higher detail and resolution while enjoying gameplay. theres no reason to say people are dumb for being different than you.

razorblade kiss said:
They already know you shitwad. THe human eye cant see above 60 fps, so why brag about anything over 100. It's like claming your bedroom burnt down, when the entire house is up in flames. Feckin pointless.

thats false. i can see a difference between 60fps and 85 fps easily. not to mention heres a website that proves it wrong:

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm

oh and flaming will get you banned.

razorblade kiss said:
They already know you shitwad. THe human eye cant see above 60 fps, so why brag about anything over 100. It's like claming your bedroom burnt down, when the entire house is up in flames. Feckin pointless.
Theres a noticable difference between 100 fps and 60 in terms of smoothness ingame though. =/

poseyjmac said:
this is subjective. so we'll just end this tangent on that note.

i personally think 4x AA at any res higher than 1280x1024 is not a big deal, others disagree. subjective

yeh I agree, im just concious of peoples feelings while viewing this forum, most without the ability to go out and get a mega card , and when people on a forum try to subject them to an inferiority and gelousy complex, sometimes unknowingly, sometimes purposely ;( .... well hopefully you get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back