Gone Gold

Mr.Reak

Reaction score
http://www.shacknews.com//index.x

t's a shocker! Half-Life 2 out of seemingly nowhere has GONE GOLD! Here is the official PR we got from Vivendi announcing as much and more importantly a promise to ship the game with a shelf date of November 16th.

LOS ANGELES (October 18, 2004) Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced that Half-Life® 2, the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed PC titles in gaming history, will ship to retail outlets around the world in November. The Company confirmed that Half-Life 2, developed by Valve Software, has gone gold with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004. The countdown to the highly anticipated retail street date has begun around the world, as VU Games completes plans to ship localized versions of Half-Life 2 simultaneously in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean, Thai and Japanese.

“Half-Life 2 has surpassed our expectations in every sense – its high-quality graphics, ground-breaking physics and immersive first-person shooter gameplay set a new standard for PC action games,” said Bruce Hack, CEO of VU Games. “Half-Life 2 will go down as one of the best-selling PC titles, and we are thrilled to deliver this ground-breaking title to the worldwide gaming community this fall.”

Oh dear lord, please let this be true.

omg omg omg is this real?
lol FINALLY its gold well officially phew

This is class. I picked the perfect time to come online for an hour or two.

WOOO.

I still want some official word, like a VALVe employee to post this somewhere, or PHL/HL2.net posts it on the front page. But my God, my heart is racing.

it's real. i literally just decided to check other gaming news sources at 1:19pm CDT and BOOM!!!!

oh happy day!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!! just took a break from homework, dont know if i can concentrate on it. i forsee a bazillion page thread!

Homelanfed.com has the same press release. Real.

A week earlier than I expected, too. :D

My X800 is waiting, thats all I got to say, wheres some vodka when I need it?

Never apologise, never look back, GAME ON !!!!!11111 :sniper:

some1 send a mail to gabe

NOW

asap

DO U GET ME?

Maybe I should start pre-loading then :p Also, is there any site that can corroborate this news?

join me in exploding

*switch explodes out of happyness

I think this thread will be 15 pages long in the next 30 min...

Back