Good news?

P

Psyco_

Humm... I was just wondering...

HL2 has since the announcement of the delay been all about bad news... Leak of source, possible beta etc. Nothing good has been announced for months really.
I really think it's time for VALVe to step out in the open and give us some good news and some hope for HL2's future. After all, we've been anticipating this game for so much time now, and chaos so close to the presumed release date is confusing and irritating.

This is a plea to VALVe: Please step forward and give us some good news and some hope. Like when your favorite soccer team has 5 men injured and is about to play the most important mach of the season, the coach always manages to bring some hope in your mind.

Just a thought...

are you kidding? The only good news valve could give us now is "HL2 is really doom3 in a different box"

lol, give it up...all is lost for the next few months.

"lol, give it up...all is lost for the next few months."

What a huge, generally uninformed, comment.

Originally posted by Iconoclast
"lol, give it up...all is lost for the next few months."

What a huge, generally uninformed, comment.

yea, id like to see you prove that wrong buddy.

That's my point - NOBODY knows what's going to happen, least of all you.

Originally posted by Ridic
yea, id like to see you prove that wrong buddy.

I'd like to see you prove that right..It's all speculation!!

That's my point - NOBODY knows what's going to happen, least of all you.

yea, iv been here since may, and i dont know as much about hl2 as everyone else here. Your grandmother knows mroe than all of us...just to let you know.

Ridic - you obviously don't belong on these forums, stop trolling the forum threads.

You'll gain as much insight here as you would from asking the release date from a game retailer...

Originally posted by NuTTeR
Ridic - you obviously don't belong on these forums, stop trolling the forum threads.

lol, keep talking....kid. I could care less what you have to say, as you probably dont care what i say either.

My grandmother is quite the Half-Life 2 fan.

Your sig makes no sense. You want the contraction "you're".

-----Original Message-----
From: [YoBeardMaestro] [email removed for privacy protection]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 7:12 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Positive community support

To Mr. Gabe Newell and the entire Valve team.

I understand that it has been a rough couple of weeks for the team in
regards to the community's reactions to the delay, impersonation of Valve employees, and now, a serious threat to the security of your work.

Please do not be disheartened by the actions of a few. I honestly believe that the community as a whole can, and will, fully support the Valve team through this difficult time. I am confident that your decisions are well-founded and hope that the recent events will not prevent you from enjoying the remaining development time and looking forward to the reactions of gamers worldwide.

Despite the various negative rumors perpetuated by a minority, I believe I speak on behalf of 99.99% of the community when I say that we await the release of Half-Life 2 with patient (yet considerably eager, I might add) anticipation.

Yours sincerely,

[YoBeardMaestro]

Avid Half-Life fan since 1998

To: [YoBeardMaetsro] [email removed for privacy protection]
Subject: RE: Positive community support
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:46:46 -0700

Thanks. We'll weather this, the game will come out, and, hopefully, we will all be laughing about this bump in the road.

This one brought a hopeful smile to my face :)

You also mean you couldn't care less. "I could care less" means the opposite of what you want to say.

You want to take some English lessons.

My grandmother is quite the Half-Life 2 fan.

Your sig makes no sense. You want the contraction "you're".

Lol I hate it when people do that.

Hey! Lets flame each other because we're totaly idiots! Hooray!

Originally posted by Impute

When people aren't stupid and can spell at pre-school level?

Yeah, I hate that.

Originally posted by Impute

What, no punctuation!!!

Lol, I hate it when people do that. (that's better)

Just joking.............

Originally posted by silent
Hey! Lets flame each other because we're totaly idiots! Hooray!
lol yeah, i dont even argue with them...its too funny. Now they are insulting me about my english...Ohe nos!!!

lol yeah, i dont even argue with them...its too funny. Now they are insulting ,e about my english...Ohe nos!!!

It must be nice being so blissfully ignorant.

And with that, I'll leave the apes to this thread.

do u guys think Gabe reads all his email. Im sure he gets crap loads of stuff.

how many ppl here type different on forums then they do on say...your school reports? Yea...me too.

BBl buddy i will call u in a bit c u in the night time.

or is it Be back later buddy, i will call you in a little while. See you in the night time.

yea....its faster the other way.

Ridic I thought you said you post only 3 times a day, you've posted 7 times in this thread alone! :O

Originally posted by Zeus
Ridic I thought you said you post only 3 times a day, you've posted 7 times in this thread alone! :O

yea, 3 times a day when there are no headcrabs to piss off.

FYI from the valve official info thread.

-----Original Message-----
From: [YoBeardMaestro] [email removed for privacy protection]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 7:12 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Positive community support

To Mr. Gabe Newell and the entire Valve team.

I understand that it has been a rough couple of weeks for the team in
regards to the community's reactions to the delay, impersonation of Valve employees, and now, a serious threat to the security of your work.

Please do not be disheartened by the actions of a few. I honestly believe that the community as a whole can, and will, fully support the Valve team through this difficult time. I am confident that your decisions are well-founded and hope that the recent events will not prevent you from enjoying the remaining development time and looking forward to the reactions of gamers worldwide.

Despite the various negative rumors perpetuated by a minority, I believe I speak on behalf of 99.99% of the community when I say that we await the release of Half-Life 2 with patient (yet considerably eager, I might add) anticipation.

Yours sincerely,

[YoBeardMaestro]

Avid Half-Life fan since 1998

To: [YoBeardMaetsro] [email removed for privacy protection]
Subject: RE: Positive community support
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:46:46 -0700

Thanks. We'll weather this, the game will come out, and, hopefully, we will all be laughing about this bump in the road.

AND

There have been a lot of speculations out there about what the recent source code compromise will do for the HL2 release date. I've heard the 1st quarter of 2004 all the way up to the 1st quarter 2005! Please shed some light on this situation

// Gabe Newell responds

</B> I don't know </B>

Thats the only official words we have had on it. Sketchy at best but at least we have something and they have not yet turned round and said it isn't being released :)

so im pretty much right...nobody knows when its coming out, so everyone might as well stop bitching for a few months...

I dont see any specific reason why HL2 should be delayed untill after 2004...i mean if they make cheats before the game comes well then Valve can fix them to before the game is out :)
It was going to happen anyway, and i dont really know if the code is really that helpfull to write codes...if the net code wasnt there ;)
They might, but hey **** them

i could care less about cheaters...i just want to play the singleplayer first.

yes they are. The little headcrab thats been here less than a month has affected me so greatly that im going to go jump off my roof.

I also don't care about cheaters. I also want to play the single player.

heh, what good news could they give us?

"well, none of the essential members of our team have died in the last few days, and there are plenty of owls in the forest!"

Originally posted by Homer
heh, what good news could they give us?

"well, none of the essential members of our team have died in the last few days, and there are plenty of owls in the forest!"

Heh, yeah really. Theres no good hl2 news to be givin, and unless in some odd way the source blows up all the hackers computers, there wont be good news for a while i think.

Just being here for a prolonged amount of time doesn't make you better, smarter or more knowlegdable than anyone else.

Originally posted by toast
Just being here for a prolonged amount of time doesn't make you better, smarter or more knowlegdable than anyone else.

Of course it dose, silly.

EDIT: And like i said in my thread last night, im joking about all the headcrab jokes. Im pretty much joking about everything i post now, since right now these forums are a mess and too hilarious not to make ppl mad. You can say one word, something that dosnt even half to do with hl2 and theres some people that will come in and call you a **** head in caps lock. Now thats comedy.

I am proud to say I am an old timer on these forums and SPECULATION IS POINTLESS

EDIT: sorry, i am just fed up of all this crap and no facts.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
I am proud to say I am an old timer on these forums and SPECULATION IS POINTLESS

EDIT: sorry, i am just fed up of all this crap and no facts.

wow, finally someone else with my opinion. Someone could hear a rumor about hl2 from a cousin that lives in a dumpster, yet they would consider it fact and spam it on the forums. Rumors just make things bad...very bad...

Yup. Well. I dont normaly care in the slightest. Its sometimes fun to see what people think. But just recently............

I hope your as happy as your pretending

Hey Ridic, what song is that from? I can sing along with it, but I'm having a brain fart about who it is and what the song is...

Gracias!

i think its time for something new on these forums, its about time for another one of those great doom3 vs half life 2 threads....or how bout an old school thread, doom vs quake

Back