Gordon Freeman Learning to Shoot

omni

Reaction score
What does a post doc. MIT grad do on his time off between creating resonance cascades and researching anomalous materials?

Learn to shoot a USP Expert of course! It's not far off from a USP Match with which he's going to get to know very personally once the sh*t hits the fan in City 17.

Here's a video of Gordon at the range:
http://www.hkpro.com/video/USP45 Expert.mov

omni said:
What does a post doc. MIT grad do on his time off between creating resonance cascades and researching anomalous materials?

Learn to shoot a USP Expert of course! It's not far off from a USP Match with which he's going to get to know very personally once the sh*t hits the fan in City 17.

Here's a video of Gordon at the range:
http://www.hkpro.com/video/USP45 Expert.mov

I had myself a good laugh
:cheers:

Does it mean, BM was in reality a Heckler & Koch research lab? :O
Oh my, oh my, the weapon industry.

how much does a usp match cost? such a sophisticated piece of machinery (i looked it up) looks expensive

btw i really despise any projectile weapons (sissy weapons they are) but i was just curious how much mr. freeman is earning when someone gives him a usp match :)

edit: i just looked at the e3 movie and that usp match movie and it seems fairly realistic in the game! somehow that's f*cked up to me, but cool

It's a shame that the USP Match sounds like a toddler with a jolly rancher in its throat.

dura said:
It's a shame that the USP Match sounds like a toddler with a jolly rancher in its throat.

if it turns your target into a bloody mess who gives a ****.

Cyph3r said:
The video of the case is the gman's case jeejjeje

LOL. Imagine Gordon not taking out enough zombies, and the Gman whips out his ace in the hole and sprays the room full of lead. :D

LittleB said:
how much does a usp match cost?

i looked it up along time ago also, i may not be correct but i think its only for law enforcement only, cant find it for sale anywhere i go.
so i guess its not for sale,going to check again though.

Well then, how much does it cost for law enforcement? How much does any gun cost? Is it true that you can buy a simple 9mm piece of crap handgun on the street for 50 bucks?

If that's the case, then murder is cheap eh?

...You can buy a klasnikov (AK47) for about 25-50 euros in some countries LMAO

HK's are relative expensive firearms...usually ranging from $500+ to thousands for submachine guns and rifles. They have a reputation for reliability and accuracy, though.

I dont believe USP Machs are sold anymore. Discontinued a couple of years ago.

KurtCobain said:

Omg Thats freakin sweet! Instead of having regular security, you hve suits that look just as important as the target covering him with those! No one would ever expect a suit to carry a smg!

"Hello Mr.Freeman", "You have done all you came to do, now if you would be kind enough to give me that HEV suit I can be on my way" After Gordon changes. "Thank you Mr.Freeman" <insert machinegun fire> "No more evidence"

The.Spiral said:
... That's pointless... Come on, do people really buy those things?

Actually, it's just a modified briefcase with a trigger mechanism in the handle. The actual weapon is (usually) an MP5 in a mount on the inside. A little goofy, perhaps, but there ARE people who need concealable-carry submaching guns (protective officers, mostly).

My friends and I do airsoft, here is one of my weapons of choice.

I don't see why they chose to use the USP Match, seems a little too 'Lara Crafty' to me :p That compensator isn't made for combat, it's made for shooting in matches ;) Oh well, I guess we won't be seeing a bread and butter USP in HL2 (Counter-Strike aside)

Frosty207 said:
I don't see why they chose to use the USP Match, seems a little too 'Lara Crafty' to me :p That compensator isn't made for combat, it's made for shooting in matches ;) Oh well, I guess we won't be seeing a bread and butter USP in HL2 (Counter-Strike aside)
Thats probably why it wont be a good gun. That aside, all it is, is a USP with a weight componsator on the front. The one n HL2 would also have to be a 9mm.

Bing_Oh said:
Actually, it's just a modified briefcase with a trigger mechanism in the handle. The actual weapon is (usually) an MP5 in a mount on the inside. A little goofy, perhaps, but there ARE people who need concealable-carry submaching guns (protective officers, mostly).

In Replacement Killers they did the submachinegun inside a briefcase thing. Really doubt officers would use the briefcase technique, I'd imagine assassines would use something like that. Have the briefcase completely soundproof.

I bet for Gordon Freeman to work at Black Mesa he had to have some weapon training. Since they knew they were working with dangerous alterdimensional monsters.

Frosty207 said:

Yeah, but you have to love the way it looks in the game along with the l33t sound it has. :D

Dedatorv said:
In Replacement Killers they did the submachinegun inside a briefcase thing. Really doubt officers would use the briefcase technique, I'd imagine assassines would use something like that. Have the briefcase completely soundproof.

I bet for Gordon Freeman to work at Black Mesa he had to have some weapon training. Since they knew they were working with dangerous alterdimensional monsters.
He did when he ran through the Hazard Course. That was all his prior training with weapons.

Even with a small amount of effective weapons training, a person can operate most firearms, most have the same basic operational parts. I still find it amusing that the slide on the USP in HL2 magically pops back when reloading, even if the magazine hasn't been emptied :p

Frosty207 said:
Even with a small amount of effective weapons training, a person can operate most firearms, most have the same basic operational parts. I still find it amusing that the slide on the USP in HL2 magically pops back when reloading, even if the magazine hasn't been emptied :p
Shh! Its the new electric powered version! ;)

fine guns there are.

myhkUSP.jpg

Had mine for a while, you can buy the compensator. And oh yeah im not some crazy I just like to got target shooting :D

That made no sense what so ever "Blacksands" I now consider you "crazy"

BlackSands said:
myhkUSP.jpg

Had mine for a while, you can buy the compensator. And oh yeah im not some crazy I just like to got target shooting :D

Hey, I'm not judging :E I want to buy a USP sometime in the future :cheers:

great first vid!!

Freeman's gonna have to get that trigger finger strenght up and learn shoot faster than that though to if he wants to live.

yeah, they've stopped making usp matches. One day I plan on buying a USP .45, pro maybe. they're on the expensive side as far as pistols go. standard ones are in the 800s. the fancy, military ones are well over 1000 dollars.

That bothers me too sometimes, how they don't bother to animate the proper techniques such as depressing the slide release or pull on the slide to lower the catch. Some games do it now, which is good. It is forgivable though, considering all the other goodies the game is gonna bring to the table. besides, there could be modelers out there willing to put out custom stuff. I was kind of hoping they'd bring back the glock, make it a highly detailed, textured one.

the in-game usp match isn't a perfect model, but its OK as far as I have seen. moderate quality. The most horrible gun model in all of the half-life world is the beretta they replaced the glock with in blue shift. Oh my god, that is so disgusting. worst beretta model I've ever seen. It kept me from installing the graphics update. I own a beretta 9mm, the blue shift one is a bloated mutant.

Back