Gordon = Jesus?

Here it is for the lazy people
jesus.jpg

Gordon came back from his time travel thing, Gordon stoped the combine (i think) and he did lotsa other stuff that jesus probably wanted to do...

Jesus will probably hold a debate with Dr. Breen instead of vaporizing him into pieces and bits of stuff :p

There is another key to this story line, the time Freeman has been away. At the beginning of HL2, Freeman has been away for 10 years or something, this could be similar to the Trek to the Desert that Jesus decided to take.

I couldn't help think that Gman was referring Freeman to something else though. I couldn't help when he said "Wake up and smell the ashes", I thought it sounded more like Gordon was a Phoenix.

a few other things id like to add, cant recall reading them:
jesus was silent when being accused, and gordon doesnt say a word at all during the game.
and gordon being in 'statis' is like god, where time is not to him as it is to us, a thousand years is like a day to god, which is why gordon hasnt aged. <- somewhere in the bible

Dalamari said:
How is Gordon anything like Jesus FFS, Gordon didn't die, didn't raise again on the 3rd day, was not a martyr,

hey Calamari oh sorry ;) 3rd game aint out yet.

citadel after being gone for a week? Like the original poster said when he ascended and then in his absence he sparked a revolution and the earth went into uproar and rose to fight back. He was gone for one week (SEVEN days, seven is heav

NO its been years,not a weekand i think it was seven HOUR war.there are clear signs of this: for example, the combine couldn't have established a world wide empire in less than one week.

BadAss, he's referring to when you teleport with Alex from Nova Prospekt to Kleiner's lab.

If G-Man were God, he would not need Gordon to do stuff, he'd just do it. G-Man's a powerful guy, who 'fixes' things for other powerful people. Hes not God tho - although may make decisions likes he thinks he is.

Gordon is not, Jesus. You can always find parallels to any story - but the link here is tenuous at best. COuld he not also be Mohammed leading a charge against he infidels? Or Hefty Smurf saving Smurfette (Alyx) and Papa Smurf (Eli) from Evil Gargamel (Dr Breen). The links are just as good for the Smurf theory, as the Jesus theory.

Back