Gravity jumping

O

ordog

I've heard people talk of this - what is gravity jumping? is there some way to fly through the air with the phys gun? if so tell me how

you stand on a movable object (like a filing cabinet or table), aim your gravity gun straight down, and fire/jump at roughly the same time. something like that. it hardly ever works for me. ;(

lol i figured that out the minute i got hl2dm working, stand on that green car out the back of overwatch, and aim downwards and hold down primary fire. if your good enough at balancing you can bounce yourslef up to the top of the buildings (i dont think you can get onto them, but you can get up that high)

its easy, but its all in the material you choose

long thin things work great when you stand on the end of it and grav push staright down, one of the best things in those sheets of corrugated iron, stand on the edge of one and the jump will send you high enough to take considerable fall damage

I find it best to find a thin sheet of metal ((From the gates)) and then stack up a bunch of crap on it ((Make sure you can get to the top)) then get on the stack and hit the thin sheet of metal with the manipulator at the base. You gonna fly far!

I've kickflipped a filing cabinet and landed it :]
You can attain some crazy heights with some objects.

If you use the phys gun from jbmod you can fly (not jump) as high as the skybox.

Itt works better if you launch an energy ball from the Combine-Rifle, then catch it with your gravity gun, and launch THAT downwards. You'll go about 3 miles high. It takes forever to land though.

DreadLord1337 said:
Itt works better if you launch an energy ball from the Combine-Rifle, then catch it with your gravity gun, and launch THAT downwards. You'll go about 3 miles high. It takes forever to land though.

Dang I'm gonna try that

That's hard. It flies away too fast. I bet if someone shot it at you you could get it, though....

-Kato

it's noticable in the ravenholme speed video when the player jumps off the saw blades he places on the ground in front of him ... very reminiscent of the rocket-jump from quake 2.

I saw someone do this to bypass the snipers using ammo crates. Couldn't do it myself though at the same place...

its basically a mini catapolt. Think of a barrel, if you stand on one side of the barrel, then shoot your gravity gun at the opposite edge of the circle (top of a barrel is a circle) then because your shotting down and forward (an angle) you will push the barrel forward and down very quickly which causes the back to rise very quickly, which causes you to get a little boost.

Kato said:
That's hard. It flies away too fast. I bet if someone shot it at you you could get it, though....

-Kato

Bounce it off a wall.

the energy balls are easy to get, they bounce around before blowwing up, plenty of time to grab one

In the speed demo, the guy completely skipped past the bridge section of Highway 17 by using a tyre to grav-jump over the forcefield without even turning it off, he had also done the section on foot too.

the jumping is only neciary in single player since you can't shoot at things your standing on.

Late to the party, but....
Change the key binding for "last wepaon used" to backspace or page-down.
When you hold down the new key, the last two weapons used will toggle absurdly fast.
If one of them is the grav gun, climb on a car roof, look down, start toggling, fire the gun (left-click).
Each time the grav gun appears, it fires, about 15 times per second. Each blast shoots you skyward.
You will fly as high as you like, sometimes die, some servers kill you if you try, but it's a brief laugh (especially if you can get up to a sniper spot somewhere).
It's also a good way for the barricade builders among you to put the green car on the Overwatch roof, as the car flies too.

Now, does anyone have the definitive guide for hoverboarding in HL2?

Back