Greatest mapper ever reporting for duty :D

What kind of of speeds do you get in that? What is the maximum w_poly?

It doesnt look bad at all. What is the map exactly? Im guessing its CS, because it seems like that style.

Dude (Cipher), you are the greatest mapper ever. Did I also mention Gabe Newell is my father and the character of Gordon is modelled after me?

Originally posted by Bass
Dude (Cipher), you are the greatest mapper ever. Did I also mention Gabe Newell is my father and the character of Gordon is modelled after me?

LOL! Atlantic Canada is nice :) I just went to Nova Scotia for a week (a few weeks ago) and it's wonderful there! Beautiful place with lots of beautiful women! No really, there are, I was really surprised.

Didnt you know Canada is where all the women are? ;)

Nova Scotia, thats about 5 hours from here.

Ahh I see this is now a HL map touting thread, here goes, Farrow you can delete this post if you think it's OT

I made this map last easter, it's of the dorms at UCSC:

de_gauss01.jpg

de_gauss03.jpg

de_gauss07.jpg

de_gauss10.jpg

de_gauss11.jpg

de_gauss16.jpg

Dammit man I thought those were photos at first! Nice job. You gotta send me this.

Actually i cant delete this, its not in off topic. But i wouldnt anyway, thats a pretty cool looking map.

Did you take photos for the textures or did you get them off a site somewhere?

Im guessing photos.

Yeah, I just got a digital camera, so I did all the textures from the map from photos. It took bloody ages!

As soon as I can host the map, I'll post a link.

Your map looks great Derby, please post it as soon as possible.

Cipher, your map de_industrial is one of the worst maps Ive ever seen, as for the other, its just another dust rippoff, and Im sure any average cs mapper could do better.

Im must say derby awsome stuff. But even if you think your the best map maker out there, your map has to be played with a lot. I mean if it huge to download and takes a long time to load (by the look of those textures it might) people probably wont play it. Ive played some maps with Jedi Knight 2 that took ages to load, and were played on only one or two servers. Also i would suggest making a map off a popular theme, one that every one knows. If you can get past those two problems you truly are the best map maker of all time :)

But good stuff either way

Originally posted by aXoe
Im must say derby awsome stuff. But even if you think your the best map maker out there, your map has to be played with a lot. I mean if it huge to download and takes a long time to load (by the look of those textures it might) people probably wont play it. Ive played some maps with Jedi Knight 2 that took ages to load, and were played on only one or two servers. Also i would suggest making a map off a popular theme, one that every one knows. If you can get past those two problems you truly are the best map maker of all time :)

But good stuff either way

Thanks, first off, use of apostrophe, ommision of character, in this case the 'a' in 'you are'giving you're, not your. I don't think I'm the best map maker out there, this map was made for my own amusement and for the amusement of people playing the university counter-strike server. I value you're [sic] comments all the same. I'll probably be making a map of a 'popular theme' for HL2, who knows :)

Im sure the best map maker could say he was the best map maker and it wouldn't seem so. To really acheive such a title you'd have to be called the best maker by others. People never just straight out declare "yeah I am the best map maker" they RECEIVE the title dude. Besides theres a million map making dudes. BTW derby those maps you did of the dorms are amazing man you gotta show me how you did those textures.

derby,

I'm just a new headcrab, so my opinion isn't worth much, but that really is an exceptional and novel map. I'd post a picture of a HL map too, but they are all gone. :x

As for Cipher's maps, the dust themed one is OK I guess, but I like my settings to be more realistic.

Oh, by the way, I'm really the world's best mapper. I'm also running for governor of California.

Just kidding.

There is no reason why, in this day and age a map can't look and play perfectly. Compromising looks for gameplay is just not necessary when both can be achieved.

Back