Guess what arrived in the post today...

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I cracked the Docks video out of the cahce file many weeks ago, I told Valve about it and they said they'd send me a t-shirt and poster as I was the first to do it. So I gave them my address, and obviously it's been a while since it came out so I was starting to think they hadn't sent it.

I get home from work, and a big tube has been delivered, inside a large black t-shirt with the Half-Life 2 logo on it and a big Counter-Strike poster... signed by loads of Valve members in silver and gold pens :D!

It's hard to tell who some of the signatures belong to but I think I can make out Gabe Newell's, Erik Johnsson's, Chuck Jones, Q! (Which I think is Quentin), I think there's John Cooke's on there. and there's about 10 more which I can't make out.

:D Cool eh?

Pictures:

http://abom.oinutter.com/big_hl2_poster.jpg

http://abom.oinutter.com/big_hl2_tshirt.jpg

you lucky bitch! :cheers:

me want sighned stuff posters and shirts weeeeee

wahey, thats really cool.... *wants t-shirt also* i dont surpose u could take a pic or somthing? :) ty

ShadowStalker

Originally posted by Abom|nation
Damn you. Pictures?

Certainly.

I'm just scanning now. Obviously as I have no digital scanner and just an A4 scanner I can't really show them off in their full splendor so I'll scan the HL2 logo and part of the poster which is signed. Abom, check your PMs in a few seconds, could do with some space to host the pics if possible? They're gonna be rather large.

SEND A PIC!!! GO ON JELIOUS HERE!!!!!! PLZ take a pic of poster and t-shirt! PLZZZZZZZ

Man valve certainly do treat the fans, nice one!

Waiting for Abom to PM me... They're too big to attach to the forum.

yeah, my friend went to E3 and got a black shirt with the HL logo and alittle 2 next to it. Its the cheap ass shirts though but lol i woudln't wear it around public, actually i probably wouldn't wear it at all. When i end up building my house someday ill make a room with display cases of that shirt lol, a bad ass mp5 fully weighted metal airsfot gun, swords, couple of other things. I just found out my dad has a real AK47 and an UZI, he let me see his gun cabinet the other day and i got to shoot them...well not the AK47. Anyways gj cracking that video, was it hard? How long did it take and how many times did you have to like retry and do it?

Hopefully Adom will get back here soon, so we can enjoy teh uber picz!

Anyway, good job on cracking that video WAY back when.....

It was really easy, and I couldn't have done it without the help of a few people here who figured out the first stages. It doesn't work anymore because the files are all encyrpted before they go on the content servers, but I guess if it wasn't for me then they wouldn't have thought to encrypt the cache files meaning there'd probably be some sort of security exploit in the future that may have caused problems.

Yeah, I'll have them hosted when I get them. Won't be long!

Sorry about that guys, I started watching TV!

First thing I'll show you is to proove the authenticity.

Abom is currently sorting out the hosting.

Attachments

• tube.jpg
    tube.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 414
thats awesome, id rather just have the poster. by the way, why a counter-strike poster??

That is TOO ****ing cool... congratulations on that, you lucky bass turd.

I remember back before Half-Life 1 was released, I found a sites, etc. that half-life warez on them. I reported it, they sent me a hat with the valve logo on it, and a half-life duffle bag that was signed. I have the duffle bag, the hat is somewhere in my closet.

wow now that rocks!!

it makes me want to do somethin to get one of those!!! LOL

Very cool, you lucky guy! :)
I'm looking for some HL2 T shirts myself go to with my 3dfx t shirts! ;)

Back