Guess what arrived in the post today...

so they're saying its good to crack what's in their files and leak it to everyone else?.... sweet.

no jk,

damn man i want one

Thanks for answering my questions guys...(Jeez so insensitive!)

On steam valve gave us a 400mb cache file with the G-man video and.. something else inside... Chris_D used a hex editor to find what was in there and how to take it out. He discovered it was the DOCKS video so we got to watch it early. :)

:cheers: cheers Chris

shouldn't the person who cracked the HL2 tech demo, changed to HL1 get a shirt?????

Originally posted by commando
shouldn't the person who cracked the HL2 tech demo, changed to HL1 get a shirt?????

He didn't crack it, he just remade it in worldcraft.

omfg im so jalous arg :(:(:( u lucky bastard :cheese:

that poster looks more like a CS poster than HL2 :0.
that said, i want also :[]

ugh, they are cool, i was slightly more miffed when i saw you lived in the UK :( i really h8 u now :)

Originally posted by -Biohazard
thats awesome, id rather just have the poster. by the way, why a counter-strike poster??

Oh I don't know, I think Valve make CS or something. I might be wrong :p

I don't really feel that I earnt in but I'd like to think that me exploiting the ability to hack the videos has helped in someway, as now they've encrypted them. I hope it helped them in some way rather than anything else.

Why should I auction the tube? I doubt people are going to pay money for a tube with my name and address on it; unless like quite frequently happens I get a stalker. I've asked Tredostop to stop calling me and mailing me his pink underwear but he just won't. I've called the police but he hides... :(

Anyway, that's another story.

/me dies

EDIT: btw, with the postage and cost of the merchandise according to the labels on the tube it cost a total of $11.85... $9.85 of which was the postage and shipping :D

Im gona be a bounty hunter for HL2 Warez maybe theyll send me things to :)

maybe if u crack the encrypted ones they'll send u the game early!!! well one can dream.......

I'm with SirMcNugget
(btw, everytime I read his posts, I read them with a "Stewie" voice. anyone else doing this?? I had the same problem with Lord Blackadder. The ones who have been here awhile might remember him)

Everytime I come over something illegal/copyright issue about any Valve product, I'm gonna tell!
Valve is the best!!

I'd like to thank Abom btw for the hosting of the pics.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Chris_D
Oh I don't know, I think Valve make CS or something. I might be wrong :p

I don't really feel that I earnt in but I'd like to think that me exploiting the ability to hack the videos has helped in someway, as now they've encrypted them. I hope it helped them in some way rather than anything else.

Why should I auction the tube? I doubt people are going to pay money for a tube with my name and address on it; unless like quite frequently happens I get a stalker. I've asked Tredostop to stop calling me and mailing me his pink underwear but he just won't. I've called the police but he hides... :(

Anyway, that's another story.

/me dies

EDIT: btw, with the postage and cost of the merchandise according to the labels on the tube it cost a total of $11.85... $9.85 of which was the postage and shipping :D
I meant sell the autographed poster
you can probably make some good money off some cs freak

That's a good point... but in a way I really wanna keep it.

damn, just for just a VERY simple ass hex? argh!

Too bad noone else bothered, could have gotten the docks out in 1 minute.

thats wikid cool , I wonder if there gonna start selling those retail , I mean the shirts that is.

Ahh you son of a bitch.

Im very happy, cause that means that thats the T-Shirt that will be in the special edition. Yahoo, looks sweet.

damn this is cool, Valve guys are so nice wow .. never John Carmark is going to do something like that.

I think I read the shirts will be part of a pre-order deal of some type? Wasnt that in the Valve information thread.

Originally posted by Chris_D
I'd like to thank Abom btw for the hosting of the pics.

:cheers:

No problem :cheers:

By the way, get ahold of another poster, fake the signatures and bam, sell it on e-bay for a few thousand. Easy money ;)

by selling the poster, its like saying their time to sign and send it to you means nothing but profit for only yourself.

Originally posted by vitale
by selling the poster, its like saying their time to sign and send it to you means nothing but profit for only yourself.

whaaa you expect more from the internet?

im not expecting anything, that comment was directly to Chris_D obviously.
its just like if someone you looked up to gave you something (which they didnt have to in the 1st place) and you go and sell it.

BUT

if its like something random found which is worth alot, then by all means sell if you want.

just saying maybe the items mean "more than money" ;0

Back