Guess who?

M

maleficarus™

Hi there. My name is maleficarus™ doer of all things evil..

:devil:

I just joined this forum and read a bazillion posts about the source code for HL-2 being released on the www. While that is unfortunate and all I really don't see how this will affect the majority in the end. How many here can even read C++? I can't even understand HTML let alone C+++ LOL

I can't wait for this game even if 1000 cheats are made for it. I was a HUGE fan of the original Half-Life playing that game online for at least 2 solid years. And I remember all the cheats that infected the net too. How many remember the speed cheat? Or the great see through walls "asus" cheat? LOL

Anyways my point is there will always be cheaters and peeps that make up the cheats. I really don't care anymore because I play online games for first for the realism that single player AI can never equal. And secondly for the game it’s self. If some 13 year old has a cheat and scores 100 kills with only 1 single death so what! He is the one losing out on what the game has to offer and what the game and online gaming is really all "aboot"

Peace from Canada!

:flame:

ya half the idiots on who post on this forum dont have a clue what little damage has been done outside of the pie in the face of valve.

Cool, so tell us more about yourself?
Do you like long walks on the beach?
What's your favorite color?

Originally posted by InfoSecWillie
ya half the idiots on who post on this forum dont have a clue what little damage has been done outside of the pie in the face of valve.

Well... for the most part.. I doubt other developers would use the code. I think bigger companies will know better and develop thier own. Or perhaps that's more on the optimistic side?

i think nsxownsme is coming on to you man! haha i feel a love connection coming on lol

(its late)

Originally posted by nsxownzme
Cool, so tell us more about yourself?
Do you like long walks on the beach?
What's your favorite color?

i hate walks on the beach, i much prefer walks through hell, my favorite color is black, A/S/L?!?!? HELO2U

I like taking long walks on the moon lit night! :D

Well, there are lots of people around that are REALLY REALLY REALLY good with C++ so there is a possibility for damage to be done.

Also, while yes - cheating will never be completely abolished, attempting to slow it down / not speed it up helps.. a lot.

I've been slowly moving away from non-MMOs and all online games due to cheating and immaturity in players. Soon, it won't matter to me anymore.

It's sad that people can be that way but the worst part is - there are no detterents from doing so.. no laws holding them back.

Originally posted by nsxownzme
Well... for the most part.. I doubt other developers would use the code. I think bigger companies will know better and develop thier own. Or perhaps that's more on the optimistic side?

If anything the gaming community will only benefit from this in the long run.

Think about it anyone who codes knows the value of seeing how another person solves a problem. The guys at valve can code a good game we all know that. Now that the source is out in the wild other people can see how they do things and maybe improve upon those ideas and ways of doing things. Hell it might even get the right person juiced on an idea that they had a while back and start coding the next big thing. Who knows, the last thing this is going to due is screw valve into bankrupcy like half the chicken heads on this forum keep sqwuaking.

Unless they can be proven as negligent then valve is ****ed.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
i hate walks on the beach, i much prefer walks through hell, my favorite color is black, A/S/L?!?!? HELO2U

OMGHI2U!!!

WOW!

I've never in all my message board posts have ever seen a thread move as fast LOL I posted this thread then re-freshed it to see the thread and BAM! 60+ people read it before I could even finish my smoke!?

Hot topic yes?

Originally posted by maleficarus™
WOW!

I've never in all my message board posts have ever seen a thread move as fast LOL I posted this thread then re-freshed it to see the thread and BAM! 60+ people read it before I could even finish my smoke!?

Hot topic yes?

considering only one reply, maybe two have anything to do with the original post, no, not a hot topic, just another thread to read.

Well would it move faster if I admitted to the one stealing the code?

Iam the doer of all things evil afterall..

=)

So there are people capable of rational thought on this board! :)

Originally posted by maleficarus™
Well would it move faster if I admitted to the one stealing the code?

Iam the doer of all things evil afterall..

=)
Well you´ll probably won´t be the first to admitt that and certinly not the last

http://daporkchop.com/albums/album09/haxorpc.sized.jpg[/IMG
boo to img code being off.

Originally posted by Ares
Well, there are lots of people around that are REALLY REALLY REALLY good with C++ so there is a possibility for damage to be done.

Checking the numbers of FAS affected people in the HL2 code threads, the board community must consist of 97.3% of uberl33t C++ coders.

Back