Guys - Our ladies think of computer as 'other woman'!

My girlfriend say I have an internet girlfriend everytime I go online :(
Then I tell her she upset me to say it, and she says she's only joking.

And she doesn't like me coming to halflife2.net forums(she doesn't know the name, she just knows it's something about HL2) because she thinks I'm just talking to girls...;(

But she encourages me to play games, she bought me HL2. She just always jokes with me when she finds I am writing lengthy messages (like this one).

kirovman said:
And she doesn't like me coming to halflife2.net forums(she doesn't know the name, she just knows it's something about HL2) because she thinks I'm just talking to girls...;(

omghi2u!
you still up for dinner later? ;) :p

kirovman said:
HAHAHa sorry but that's funny shit. :LOL: That's so siggable. :p

Haha very funny.

Lucky she wasn't looking, otherwise no dinner for me tonight.

-Argh no, that's not what I meant. I meant she would punish me by not letting me eat anything...not that I wouldn't be able to accept bliink's offer.

Oh no, now I'm in trouble again.

"Who are you talking to?"
"People on the forums. I've got a date apparently"

-I'm in so much trouble. I'll be getting grounded or something.

-diluted: sig it if you like, I won't demand royalties :p

I split up with my GF just before HL2s release, solved a lot of problems. I guess that's not a viable solution for you though. I reccommend brainwashing your wife into thinking games are awesome.

For anyone thinking I split with my GF simply because of HL2, it wasnt... it was a mutual thing, she was busy too. I'm not that shallow... it was just convenient timing.

My wife was pretty much anti-gaming until recently. Then I introduced her to World of Warcraft. To my great surprise she liked it! Since then the flak I get about gaming basically went away. She won't turn into a hardcore gamer, I'm sure, but she understands better why I like gaming so much. Maybe you should give it a try ....

My girlfriend plays PS2 games with me and she does like playing PC games (she has played HL2 a few times). But when I start mapping (I have become addicted) she goes nuts because I spend so much time and whatever. Sometimes I lie to her saying I am going somewhere so I can map in peace without phone calls. How sad is that? :(

SHIPPI said:
Try to limit your gaming more. Don't give it up completely, as it's something you enjoy doing. I don't know, set a couple days aside a week where you spend time with family rather than on the computer?

Yeah, the weekend! :angel:

You 2 need to sit down and talk it out. Why does he get mad. The real reason it gets under her skin? Thats what you have to find, then and only then should you take action.

Yes we have talked about this in length. As I stated we talk about everything. Although I think it's sound advice I don't think I can get her into gaming as she is an avid sewer and we actually have a sweet setup. Our 4 computers are set up right by her sewing area so it's not like we are not seeing each other. I just get into the game so much that I don't really talk between rounds. I like to watch the fun.

We really have made some headway here the last week over this issue. I have been keeping my playing time at a reasonable time. One advantage to CS:S is that I can just f10 at any second. Not like when I played Ultima Online, many moons ago. That was "Hun, come for dinner" and me replying "I can't I am fighting a Balrog" and her like "Oh, well just let it all go cold then".

I am just happy I am not in high school right now with gaming the was it is. I would have even done less homework than I did and would have looked like some dead eyed druggie. I can also afford a sweet gaming system. :naughty:

if she isnt interested in your hobbies then get rid of her

j/k

yea girls are definitley strange when it comes down to figuring them out...i date chicks that are into games, most of them hot

Funky Munky said:
My girlfriend plays PS2 games with me and she does like playing PC games (she has played HL2 a few times). But when I start mapping (I have become addicted) she goes nuts because I spend so much time and whatever. Sometimes I lie to her saying I am going somewhere so I can map in peace without phone calls. How sad is that? :(

WHHPPPPPSHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

kirovman said:
Haha very funny.

Lucky she wasn't looking, otherwise no dinner for me tonight.

-Argh no, that's not what I meant. I meant she would punish me by not letting me eat anything...not that I wouldn't be able to accept bliink's offer.

Oh no, now I'm in trouble again.

"Who are you talking to?"
"People on the forums. I've got a date apparently"

-I'm in so much trouble. I'll be getting grounded or something.

-diluted: sig it if you like, I won't demand royalties :p

not "letting" you eat? I sincerely hope you are kidding.

Funky Munky said:

Haha - I can just imagine that.

"What are you doing tonight?"
"Just going out with my mates, won't be back until 3am"
"Ok, have fun dear"

Says to self: "Hehe, Funky Munky, you Dark Horse, you pulled the wool over her eyes once again!"

*map map map map*

Rocketman9mm said:
not "letting" you eat? I sincerely hope you are kidding.

No I'm not kidding, please send help. I'm locked in the cupboard.

I'm pretty obsessive about computers and gaming.
My wife plays Sims 2, My 13 yr old daughter plays GTA vice city.

I suppose my wife was Jealous of "my other half" until I explained it this way,
I don't "hog" the TV watching Football, cos I hate that and most other TV sports too.
I'm only upstairs and Not at the Pub, pissing my wages up the wall, And in the enviroment of ladies, Where I might be tempted to cheat, If the right one came along.

Besides, we have a good relationship, And both my daughter and my wife know I love them both very much, Although I did admit to my wife that should there ever be a house fire, I may rescue the computer and Dog before her, She, Thinks/hopes I was joking..I'll let you decide on that.

My time is usually spent...up at 6.30am...work from 8am to 5pm...home by 5.30pm...dinner at 6pm....Cuddle on sofa,with wife and dog, while hearing about my daughters day in school...all while trying to watch Stargate SG1.

7pm on PC...surfing, gaming, etc, Bed by 11pm - midnight.

Oh! And sex on weekends, If we're not both too tired from our weeks working, we both work full time too.

Anyway tell your wife, that at least she knows where you are, and what your doing, when your on your PC.

Most men, are off down the pub drinking beer, etc, As soon as they get home from work, And their wives barely see them anyway, So she should count herself lucky that your not like them.

Back