H&K MK23 SOCOM

KrAyZiE

Reaction score
12495img.jpg

Very nice. Looks a bit bulky though.

Large silencer and techy lasersight! I like it! Maybe all it needs now is an oversize clip?

Nice model and LAM unit, but why not show some more shots on it so we can see the grip :) And possibly a polycount or is it Wip :p

from that angle it looks good, but it looks like you just went straight up to the barrel with the hand grip.

I think its nicly modelled but you have gone over the top with polgons, well. I don't know the polgon count, but you have wasted many.

Hmm... the clip. can you put it out so we can see it. Just get more angles really, also. get a first person shot. Here is a refrence of how a first person pistol should look like:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/st4tic/Weapon_Position_CSDesertEagle.jpg

this could help as well:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/st4tic/Weapon_Position_CSMP5.jpg

Ow another thing, Pull back the top of the weapon so we can see where the bullets will fly out of when fired.

Damn ichi so demanding. I dont really see the point in the first person shot apart from more eye candy. And krazie you've provided us with no info for all we know this could be just a random high poly object not intended for game, for informative crits please supply us some more details pcount and so on.

2601 doesn't leave much for the hand/upper arm

With proper use of normal maps, and some optimisation you could drop that count by half I'd say.

Fenric, I'm curious to see some of your work..granted I've not yet done a search of the forum, but have you made any threads showcasing your work? you obviously know your stuff from the things that you write, but I'd like to if your practical skills are as good as i expect them to be :)

I think the source engine supports 1500 polys for a gun? I'm not sure but I think so. The gun looks good, but the grip looks a little wierd.

I'm not flaming your grip here so don't flame me for flaming. FLAMIGNgfd!Q
:frown:

@Fenric=dont worry i already have the hands done, i know what im doing its ok
plus, the model isnt even optimized!
@Watermelon=HL1 supported 3500 so how you gonna tell me HL2 is even worse

ok Krayzie, looking forward to seeing your optimised version with hands

giller, do a search, there's some threads floating around

Back