Half-Life² Pay-For-Play??

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxXx

Reaction score
CHECK THIS OUT!

pay to play online?!

i dont think sooo!:flame:

edit: The first question was on Half Life 2's release date, and they are 100% committed to a 30th September release. The game will be available so they say. Secondly I asked him about some rumours that we have heard that Half Life 2 multiplayer is going to be Pay to Play only, unfortunatly the only official response that I received was no comment. I have to say I was a bit surprised as I was expecting a definative no, so it looks like Valve may be toying with the idea at the very least. If we find out any more info about Pay to Play we will let you know straight away, but if valve do go in this direction with Half Life 2 we may be looking at the whole industry making a shift in this direction as well. Food for thought.

Yes...yes it's official. roxXx is the new HL2.net forum dumbass.

::hands award::

:cheers:

i think they are giving a "no comment" reply to all questions about multiplayer

Hmmmmz, thats a No Comment.

They said that for release. I am allways hopefull

And maybe it will be something worth paying for. Ever thought of that. Setting the bar higher for the industry. Dont worry anyway. Nothing we can do about their decisions.

And dont dis him, he just got a bit excited thats all :p

Valve official - No comment.

Chances are,

A. He's an idiot
B. Your an idiot (The guy asking the questions)
C. He had no idea what he was talking about.
D. Gabe stated already several times you would not have to pay to play online.
E. He's a Brit, what do you expect.

''D. Gabe stated already several times you would not have to pay to play online. ''

can you show me where?

HL2 being pay-for-play? Christ, it's not a MMORPG and you don't need a credit card to play it... so erm lol?

I seriously doubt they'll make it pay-to-play if they do im sure they'll be flamed into the next century heh :cheese:

No comment on pay to play, or No comment because he asked a MP question?

guys i think we dont have to pay to play online how can do this to the biggest online community? awnser: not

so dont worry, i think...

Originally posted by guinny
E. He's a Brit, what do you expect.

Yeah that was a very nice constructive post guinny, lets not go and slag off my country eh? :hmph:

maybe every mail with the word multiplayer in it has a standard reply: no comment

The no comment was cuz its a MP question, no becasue youll have to pay. Valve wont make its loyal fanbase pay to play, that would screw up the whole mod community.

well if it was p2p then they'd do a good job of kicking cheaters in the face

lol I didn't mean he was stupid. He's British, the Valve guy is from California. Maybe the Brits accent threw him off. I know I have a hard time understanding you guys sometimes. :)

there is no way there is going to be a pay for play because the main reason that half life has thrived for so many years is the multiplayer and its mods. If they made a pay-for-play multiplayer, then valve would lose a lot of support, i mean, I wouldn't pay to play mulitplayer.

maybe valves gonna do things backwards and give the single player away for free and make you buy the MP ;)

No comment because theyre tired of the ****ing retards that keeps asking the same questions or stupid questions.

Originally posted by guinny
lol I didn't mean he was stupid. He's British, the Valve guy is from California. Maybe the Brits accent threw him off. I know I have a hard time understanding you guys sometimes. :)

Hmmm OK but the way you wrote 'He's British, what do you expect' really was rather insulting... think next time :cool:

Wonder why they didnt just deny it, would same them alot of hassle.

I hate self-important reporters. They think the world revolves around them, and if they can't confirm something, or if someone isn't interested in talking to them, this must be a deep and important signal. I'm sure that if there is a MP pay to play thing, it will be one of many options.

Oh come on people, no one will make you pay for multiplayer. You know why? Because you will play on servers created by OTHER users, like it was in first Half-life. Once again, think about it for a minute before posting.

If this is true..........I ll be sad for months.;( ;( ;(

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Oh come on people, no one will make you pay for multiplayer. You know why? Because you will play on servers created by OTHER users, like it was in first Half-life. Once again, think about it for a minute before posting.

Yea I was just gonna say that.. there is no way that they can make us pay to play unless Valve had its own servers for us.... which doesnt make sence... and even if they did, it would slaughter the MOD community and HL2 would die out within a year. :x

Brits get to play for free, yanks who insult us have to pay. The only games on pc's that are pay to play tend to be the MMO ones and although there is a lot of secrecy surrounding HL2 multiplayer if it's MMO i'll faint so I doubt it will be p2p.

To provide enough servers for everyone who's gonna want to play it valve would have to buy out sony and microsoft. It's just not gonna happen.

I still dont understand who could make such a dumbass comment.

This would be the first shooting game or any other game besides a mmorg that you would have to pay for. This post makes no sense!

Oh yes us here in Europe have to wait longer for the games to come out, so i hope that satisfies you Americans over there

PlanetSide is a MMOFPS .. so not the first. But it would explain why they made Steam, good way to deliver the updates you have to pay for if its really a MMOFPS

yea, and before planetside there was WW2 Online.
Stupid reporter..

What if HL2 had a specifc MP mode that was a huge persistent online battle, spanning the globe with people being allowed to be combine or resistence and it was all hosted on valve servers. That would be the type of thing youd have to pay for.

Originally posted by SirMcNugget
What if HL2 had a specifc MP mode that was a huge persistent online battle, spanning the globe with people being allowed to be combine or resistence and it was all hosted on valve servers. That would be the type of thing youd have to pay for.
I would pay to play that! (I wanna be combine so I can wear the funky-cool mask thingy)

It won't be pay for play so stop bitching / worrying. Like countless people have already said, it's a multiplayer related question and as we all know Valve don't answer multiplayer related questions.

UKGamer should of known this, I imagine they did but I guess they wanted to stir the pot so threads like this would exist and they get more hits to their site.

If you have common sense then you should be able to work out yourself that it won't be pay to play. So.. relax.

maybe they took it the wrong way. it will be free, unless the mod team decides to sell it. remember the whole helping the mod teams sell if they want to.

Oh yes us here in Europe have to wait longer for the games to come out, so i hope that satisfies you Americans over there

You wont have to wait longer for this. Global release = kickass!

If Vavle actually ƒucks up and makes it Pay-2-Play, I aint buying Half-Life 2, Im gonna download it and everyone can kiss my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back