Half-Life² Pay-For-Play??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah there's no use anymore for non-global releases these days. Those games are practically asking to be warez'd, because many people in Europe are CRAVING for the game and everyone will be looking for it on illegal platforms (newsgroups, ftp's,p2p,etc). Of course globally released games will be warez'd too, but less people will actually take the step, because they can go to their local games-shop immediately and buy it for a fair price. I'm not over-estimating this, i'm just mentioning that it's an important factor.

And id HL2 mp is going to be pay2play, i'm going to hang myself. But I probably won't have to. VALVe isn't stupid :)

Edit:
If Vavle actually ƒucks up and makes it Pay-2-Play, I aint buying Half-Life 2, Im gonna download it and everyone can kiss my ass.

Doesn't really matter actually. If you get a warez'd copy, you'd still have to get a cd-key, and still have to sign up (with credit card) before you can play MP. That is, if VALVe makes it pay2play, which they won't.

Originally posted by Ro@cH

Doesn't really matter actually. If you get a warez'd copy, you'd still have to get a cd-key, and still have to sign up (with credit card) before you can play MP. That is, if VALVe makes it pay2play, which they won't.

You dont need a cd-key for single play, and even if you do there are TONS of ways around it. And if Valve makes it pay-2-play online I dont care if I wont be able to play online, cuz I aint paying, so Ill just play the single player.
Other then that, if its a normal game and none of that pay2play shit Ill be the 1st one to buy it.

EDIT:

Sign up with a credit card ?? AHHAHAHAHAH Vavle is asking to be a joke and if that so HL2 will fail.

Im sure the orders to ALL valve employees is absolutely NO comments on MP.

I hope its pay to play so it will cut down on the amount of 10yr olds that play these games and i wont have to listen to high pitch screeching voices in voiccom anymore

If you say that it is definately not pay-to-play, or definately is for that matter, then you are being stupid. We don't know anything about multiplayer, except a few basic things. Why would he say "No Comment" in response to a question that wouldn't give away anything about the multiplayer content? There COULD be a fee to subscribe to Steam, and I really don't think it's all that unreasonable. The multiplayer also COULD be something crazy like a massively multiplayer type deal, but I doubt it. Don't state speculations as facts, we don't know if it will be pay-to-play or not (unless you guys have seen something I haven't).

yeah thats believeable pay-2-play

I think valve likes its fan-base they have no reason to fall in love with them then take a rusty twisted dagger and drive it through there back and twist it

the ONLY way it would be pay to play multiplayer is if valve hosts the servers. I doubt they have any intrest in doing that.

however on this topic I dont mind to pay to play anyways since you usally get great customer support, strong anti cheat support, tons of updates. but most pay to play games are mmorpg's I have never seen anyone make an fps version of one.

also I dont think hl2(single player game) multiplayer will be all that great, mods will probably be great though.

for multiplayer TF2 will probably rock :)

I don't think it will be pay to play but regardless something awesome is on the horizon I think, with all secrets of multiplayer being kept hidden from us. Something major like paying is maybe a possiblity but a dumb one I think.

Originally posted by Anwar
also I dont think hl2(single player game) multiplayer will be all that great
BLASPHEMY!!!... just kidding... we have to wait and find out in a month.

Originally posted by Acidtrip
You dont need a cd-key for single play, and even if you do there are TONS of ways around it. And if Valve makes it pay-2-play online I dont care if I wont be able to play online, cuz I aint paying, so Ill just play the single player.
Other then that, if its a normal game and none of that pay2play shit Ill be the 1st one to buy it.

EDIT:

Sign up with a credit card ?? AHHAHAHAHAH Vavle is asking to be a joke and if that so HL2 will fail.

Grow up please.

Originally posted by CommieX
If you say that it is definately not pay-to-play, or definately is for that matter, then you are being stupid. We don't know anything about multiplayer, except a few basic things. Why would he say "No Comment" in response to a question that wouldn't give away anything about the multiplayer content? There COULD be a fee to subscribe to Steam, and I really don't think it's all that unreasonable. The multiplayer also COULD be something crazy like a massively multiplayer type deal, but I doubt it. Don't state speculations as facts, we don't know if it will be pay-to-play or not (unless you guys have seen something I haven't).

Use some common sense.

I just read in the part2 interview that you only can play HL2 MP through steam. will steam full version be free for users or you have to buy it?

Originally posted by G0rgon
I just read in the part2 interview that you only can play HL2 MP through steam. will steam full version be free for users or you have to buy it?

steam is free!!!

* Is Steam really free?

Yes, Steam is really free.

Steam also provides access to several free products and services, like the dedicated game server, instant messaging, the game server browser, etc.

And if you've already bought Half-Life or one of the other Half-Life family of games, several add-ons are available via Steam for no extra cost.

After installing Steam, check your "Games" list to see what's available.
http://www.steampowered.com/index.p...5492,63276400,1050915620,17170300&support=yes

but there is a full version you need to pay for it.....

am i right?

If it is Pay-2-Play, im sending my autograped Shirt and Poster back to valve.

Hmmm monthly fees? very unlikely, but who knows... let's just wait and see, don't get yer' panties in an uproar!

There will not be MP fees for standard Half Life 2 Multiplayer.

Half Life's servers are run on a person's machine.
Developers work on patches about fixes and balancing for free; content is an added bonus, but only comes with P2P games (MMORPGs)

Pay to play for multiplayer? No, not for a standard Half Life 2 game.

Look at the Xbox Live service. It's nothing but a fancy combined serverbrowser/buddylist/voice-comm, with all games being hosted by players themselves. Yet Microsoft charge a monthly fee.

Now, I strongly doubt HL2 will be pay-to-play, their attutide towards their customers alone is a reason I would concider this as highly unlikely, but the whole Xbox Live thing shows it's not an impossibility (at least not on a general basis regarding games).

HAHAHAH! I just now noticed this thread.

Well, well. Doom3 MP isnt looking so bad anymore is it? Atleast iD wont be pimping it like valve. Now thats amusing!

Get ready to empty your pockets for that AwEsOmE MP you guys have been talking about ROFL!
ENJOY!! ROOFLE!! ROOFLE!!1!!

Originally posted by Doom3>hl2

Well, well. Doom3 MP isnt looking so bad anymore is it? Atleast iD wont be pimping it like valve. Now thats amusing!

Get ready to empty your pockets for that AwEsOmE MP you guys have been talking about ROFL!

AYFR?

YAFR!!

P.S. this board needs an ignore list, can a mod look into getting that implemented?

Read the subject!

Doom 3 is the biggest waste of time i have ever seen in my life. doom 3 has no story line, i mean, who the hell are you anyway? some guy with a shotgun? please, get a story line, then come talk to some hl2 fans.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
P.S. this board needs an ignore list, can a mod look into getting that implemented?

Profile (his) -> Add to ignore list

Don't take the thread off topic please. As for Doom3>hl2, things are underway to get him banned as all he does is post flame bait.

arf, just found out I can ban people so um, I did.

What? Doom 3 isn’t doing anything new... It’s mindless quake style play that I have always hated.

You come off as an asshole and an idiot in every post you make.

Perhaps you should reevaluate your pathetic life and try to better yourself. Maybe make a stand and try to be better then the rest of us instead of sinking lower with your insults and childish humor.

Originally posted by D33
As for Doom3>hl2, things are underway to get him banned as all he does is post flame bait.

I second that, we dont need negative idiots like him here, we have enought as it is :dozey:

"OMG OMG valve is leik teh PImpZ all youz HL2 iz OWnZED Omg DooM 3 is teh rOxORZ!"

Moron.

Originally posted by Stage
Profile (his) -> Add to ignore list

awesome, for some reason i recall there being a "add user to ignore" button by the report button, but that was on a different board, i guess its quite configurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back