Half-Life 2: Aftermath

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As we reported earlier, the official expansion to Half-Life 2 has been confirmed. With only a few details leaking through from Eurogamer.net, Craig Pearson; staff writer at PC Gamer UK contacted me earlier with more information:
The next issue of PC Gamer UK, out Thursday April 14th, will contain exclusive details of what Valve did next: we sent our best man to Seattle to gleam details of Half-Life 2: Aftermath. He didn't disappoint. We're the only people outside Valve who've seen it, and wrestled screenshots from Valve's vault of goodness.[br]In addition to the new chapter, we've also got news on the Lost Coast level and DoD: Source with exclusive screens of each.
Followed by this source of loveliness from PC Gamer UK, they have also included an exclusive screen of their cover this month which you can see below.[br]

I will be patiently waiting for the next issue of PC gamer as I usually get them later then everyone else. From the name aftermath and what I have heard there will be a whole new appreciation for the ending of the game as now people can clean up what you have created as gordon. See dont compalain, valve always does something for a reason ie what happened to the city = we will make an expansion to tell you!

By the way I heard it was inverted avatar day. Just go into paint and select the invert colour button to do it (unless yours is animated).

DrDevin said:
we will make an expansion [that you must pay for] to tell you!

:) It'll be worth it!

I must stress once more that this info is from PC Gamer UK

I shall be getting that.

BUTTERFLYS IN MY STOMACH!!! Oh my god i cant wait!

Holy crap, G-Man looks so badass there. xD
But yeah, this is hopefully going to be real awesome.

HAs Valve said if this expansion will be free or not? Steam-only or retail too? Steam-only would make diluted a saaaaad panda. ;( (no CC :p)

OMG... aftermath, sounds sooo cool !! :D

diluted said:
HAs Valve said if this expansion will be free or not? Steam-only or retail too? Steam-only would make diluted a saaaaad panda. ;( (no CC :p)

Usually Expansion Packs cost $$$.

diluted said:
I'd wager my own mother that it won't be free, but I have been lead to believe that it may be Steam-only.

Poor show, Valve. Poor show indeed.

40? I don't know money in the currency of STUPID. lol jk, I only know $$$, and this will cost money, not positive...but im also not positive if I'm asleep. Of course it will be Steam only, Valva makes Steam Only games, you'd think people would learn by now.

WritingARequiem said:
40? I don't know money in the currency of STUPID. lol jk, I only know $$$, and this will cost money, not positive...but im also not positive if I'm asleep. Of course it will be Steam only, Valva makes Steam Only games, you'd think people would learn by now.
"Steam-only" as in only purchased through Steam (not in stores). Obviously it will be played through Steam. I hope it's sold in stores. ;(

Everything I've read has led me to believe that it will be sold exclusively through Steam. Fine by me. I bought Half-Life 2 through Steam and haven't had a lick of trouble.

el Chi said:
I'd wager my own mother that it won't be free, but I have been lead to believe that it may be Steam-only.

Poor show, Valve. Poor show indeed.

if via Steam is the only way to get the expansion, then indeed thats very poor decision making.
Valve need to realize that not everyone has access to credit cards and not everyone is comfy with purchasing stuff over the net.. yes i know its the year 2005, but still.. some people still would rather get retail copies, me included.

i hope Valve don't limit themselves with such decisions :|

I wish people would stop limiting themselves! This is the way of the future, who needs retail stores anymore?

Ok, I'm betting my nonexistant social security that the US version of PCG isn't gonna have jack about the expansion. :\ *hunts for credit card*

BlackDahlia said:
Ok, I'm betting my nonexistant social security that the US version of PCG isn't gonna have jack about the expansion. :\ *hunts for credit card*

PCGAMER U.S doesn't seem to care about mods/expansions that much. But I really liked it when they had the world exclusive half-life 2 story, but a german mag allready had articles & pics before them. PCGAMER U.S just does their own thing. From what i've seen if you like mods that the U.K version has articles & stories detailing them, but if you just like game reviews then the U.S version is for you(and if you don't want to pay shipping costs to get the U.K magazine overseas).

Yeah, I figured that. I'll just snag a subscription to PCG UK. ^_^

ThrasherX9 said:
I wish people would stop limiting themselves! This is the way of the future, who needs retail stores anymore?

sorry pal...but when theres so much credit card fraud without the use of computers, it just makes people who don't normally purchase stuff over the net more weary of credit card fraud over the net.

besides, some people do not even own credit cards.. some because they just can't and others because they don't like em.

anyway regardless of who likes what, Valve should not limit themselves.

Yay :D

The Gman looks like he just ate a man, actually. Possibly Gordon, who knows?

Dr. Freeman said:
sorry pal...but when theres so much credit card fraud without the use of computers, it just makes people who don't normally purchase stuff over the net more weary of credit card fraud over the net.

besides, some people do not even own credit cards.. some because they just can't and others because they don't like em.

anyway regardless of who likes what, Valve should not limit themselves.

So you grow and adapt. I am actually a victim of credit card fraud. I stopped using my credit card for a couple years because of it. But you were right before this is the year 2005. When was the last time you heard about some big huge scam like that. Things are a bit more secure now.

Besides, this is Steam, this is Valve. I have not heard one problem with fraud from the HL2 release. Why worry now?

I guess I can understand if you don't have access to a credit card, but even then, I'm sure everyone knows someone they can trust with a card. In fact my friend let me use his to buy stuff as long as I paid in advance.

Anyone can find a credit card, just some people are too paranoid to do so. And in this day and age... they need to get over it.

Let's just say that HL2:Aftermath should be shipped both online by Steam and in retail. I think that they're many people that still wants to have the box in their houses. I'm 100% sure about one thing - there won't be any instruction in the box ;].

I don't think Valve is necessarily shunning retail because they believe they can rely solely on Steam. I think they just don't want to be doing business with Vivendi at this point in time.

No problem with me though. I love Steam and I bought HL2 through it.

Use as you will.

Attachments

• transparent.jpg
    transparent.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 361
Great news. But lets all just hope that it takes longer than 2 days to complete this expansion. HL2 was awsome but the way too short. It took more then a week to complete Half Life. And 2 days to HL2 :(

What's up with the pygmified head?
Good news, kinda. Everyone knew it was coming anyway.

if its Steam only then it should be around 20-29$ I hope

don't forget about the 56kers.

I love a box so i can stack it o my shelf ith me other boxes. or throw it in the corner.

it will be shere dread if all games go the steam type application route. like windows doesn't get enough problems without all these other aps running in the background

ESH AL TWO! ESH AL TWO! W00000t!

/me go beg money in the streets

I really wish that valve will bring that in real shops too. If it's steam only... Well.. i cat get it. And thats just it. If valve want's to maximazeee their proceeds they should think twice what they do.

Back