Half-Life 2 and XBOX

Means phantom is a bad joke planned by a company haven't the money.

You mean a hoax? Well, it looked that way, but the thing is looking more substantial now...

But why are there just 3D renderings? And the phantom site is down in the moment.

There was an actual console at a couple of games shows, I know that... and any site can go down temporarily...

Searching for images just spit out render scenes.
Even one images with a cloth is rendered.

Errr... you got a rendered cloth?

Well, I've seen a pic with people standing around one... I think it was in Atomic magazine...

I suppose we'll just have to see...

The Phantom does look like it's meant to be an actual physical product, but a trip to their forums showed that either the company is made up of idiots, or it's a scam to snag investors.
A whole lot of very informed people asked valid questions, about how the Phantom would work, and why many technical specifications, photos and screenshots that the company posted were strange and implausible.

Things like:
-A picture of the phantom (which has no CD drive) playing Need for Speed, a game that legally requires you to have the CD in the drive before playing.
-Two screenshots of the phantom's inventory system, showing Doom 3, "Sims" (No "The"), "Tom Clancy" (No sign of the rest of the title), an EA sports game (when the company had stated specifically that EA was not providing any games for their console), and footage taken from the Gamecube-exclusive Metroid Prime(!).
None of these games were listed on it's product list at any point. (The product list was later taken down.)
-Advertising partnerships with companies that they'e only actually spoken with in passing.
-Saying that the phantom was actaully well-liked everywhere, and that sites like "penny-arcade", "HardOCP" and "their own forums" only expressed the views of a pessimist minority.

Soon, 70% of the forum was made up of people who came looking for proof of why anyone would pay 400+ dollars for the mystery box.
So, after deleting as many posts as they could (including ones where their CEO Tim Roberts made several bizarre statements) the company shut the forum down, citing an upgrade and redesign as the cause. It's still down now.

The phantom doesn't look like it'll last for very long on the market, which means that when Infinium Labs goes bankrupt, so does the server that sends you the games. Then, you're left with a useless plastic box.

I heard HL2 will be in all consoles too

and I hope that
cuz my computer is bad and in a console(Xbox,Gamecube,playstaion 2) will look great

if halflife2 runs the xbox to the max, hl2 will be one of xbox's best games right?

Sound...

Jacksel92: Maybe you should ask me what sound im running before shooting your mouth off? Which just happens to be an Audigy 2 Platinum rigged up to a Sony Surround Sound Amplifier which is in turn hooked up to 6.1 Channel Speakers running at 100Watts RMS and would probably blow the Crap out of your "Side Panel" TV speakers and put your surround sound system to shame!

When doom 3 comes out on the Xbox and PC, ill compare my "Side Panel" sound to yours and well see who comes out on top.

-Razorscott2YK.

Back