Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and Source Engine Updates Available

A

Azlan

An update is available for Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and the Source Engine. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
[br]</br>
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  • Added new map, dm_runoff
Source Engine
  • Moved default Steam port to 27009 (UDP) from 27030. Use -steamport <port> to override this setting
Click here to see the original news post.

Lemonking said:
No VAC2 that kinda pisses me off....

VAC2 is still in beta, wait for a bit till they turn it on. Then we must all go to steampowered forums and laugh at the "banned from servers" posts. :LOL:

Yeh it is! The best part about it is that its a big open map, but you still have to work as a team!

zaney said:
Yeh it is! The best part about it is that its a big open map...

Its a bit more open than I think they intended. An amusing bug, it turns out you can jump off the iron overpass bridge at the far end of the map (not the RPG bridge, the arched one) over the fence, and walk around pretty much the whole map. With a little hopping around and such, I was able to get myself behind the two giant storm drain grates, behind which it isn't too hard to snipe from. :LOL:

Highly amusing, although probably patched soon.

It's a good map, my only problem with it is that you can block the big doors with a physics object.(like a barrel, paint can) It will close and the area will explode, but it won't open again.

Chuckstar said:
It's a good map, my only problem with it is that you can block the big doors with a physics object.(like a barrel, paint can) It will close and the area will explode, but it won't open again.

When we played it also got stuck on an infinite loop, blowing everything up again and again. Made it unplayable.

I think this one is a little underbaked boss!

Love the new crossfire. Love those headcrap rockets that fall in place of the nuke.

I seem to have found out what the problem was. You can ride the console into the alcove, (crouched) and the person in there can press the button again way before the bombs drop or the console lowers down. I after I got it rolling that way, pressing e as fast I could I counted 5 bomb drops after stoping. I also tested that and respawned, and there was never quite enough time to make it through the (now open) bunker doors before the next round droped.

I agree its a decent map flow, but I think these couple of bugs need to be worked out soon.

kelerain said:
Its a bit more open than I think they intended. An amusing bug, it turns out you can jump off the iron overpass bridge at the far end of the map (not the RPG bridge, the arched one) over the fence, and walk around pretty much the whole map. With a little hopping around and such, I was able to get myself behind the two giant storm drain grates, behind which it isn't too hard to snipe from. :LOL:

Highly amusing, although probably patched soon.

Seconding this. Looks like they need a taller Player Clip brush there. Not to mention that the upper half of the red building right next to the fence you can hop has a flickery effect on it. Don't know if maybe someone put an overlay that didnt have "$decal" 1 on it or what... maybe it's just a geforce 4 ti4600 thing.

Should we mail valve about this?

i cant find any screens of this new map, and im at school soo i cant just start up steam :(

Lemonking said:
No VAC2 that kinda pisses me off....

VAC2 IS on, Valve just hasn't banned anyone yet.

So whose betting that the ammount of people Valve bans due to VAC2 violations is going to be more than the ammount of people that have illegally downloaded HL2/CSS (50,000 last time I counted).

I'm at work for the next nine hours, so if someone could post some images that would be kinda cool.

ta.

I get some textures that are kinda frisky... weird i usually dont get that anywhere else. Besides that i aint a bum eventhough my name :afro: , im just on vacation hehehe lol! So i bothered getting a few screenshots enjoy ( all the map every aspect / missile launch) hope it doesnt bother no one for poasting them like this... :
dm_runoff0000.jpg

dm_runoff0001.jpg

dm_runoff0002.jpg

dm_runoff0003.jpg

dm_runoff0004.jpg

dm_runoff0005.jpg

dm_runoff0006.jpg

dm_runoff0007.jpg

dm_runoff0008.jpg

dm_runoff0009.jpg

dm_runoff0010.jpg

dm_runoff0011.jpg

dm_runoff0012.jpg

dm_runoff0013.jpg

dm_runoff0014.jpg

what happens when the headcrab pods land
do u get to fight headcrabs?
or does everyone die like in the original crossfire

john3571000 said:
what happens when the headcrab pods land
do u get to fight headcrabs?
or does everyone die like in the original crossfire

OMG, looks awesome!!

Can't wait to get home from work!! :D:D:D

Heh, I encountered an amusing bug when playing this map on a big server.

If someone activated the nuke missiles, they reappeared every 10th second so everyone was nuked over and over again, you didn't have any chance to do anything.

Yeah you just get a progressive white flash and then ur guy slides on the ground dead... and u just remain dead till next respawn... I wish it made all the kills addup to the player(s) remaining in the bunker after the explosion.... It would make the battles to get in, reach a new pace of fighting, for everyone would be striving to survive AND get the points....

What should the Default Steam port change effect ?

PS: I am very pisssed of at this port shit because i am in a campus network and cannot play online via steam. It's funny, i can play HL and its mods but not HL2 and its mods over the internet :(

I got stuck in one of those pipes outside.

Nasty stuff.

Too bad headcrabs don't come out of the rockets after they land--then everyone has to work together and focus on them for a little while, before going back to killing each other off...

head crabs are a joke... no one would waste their time with them. Not a big fan of levels where one guy presses a button and everyone dies...u waste too much time dealing with that as opposed to actually playing. :dork: yet another level with an insane amount of resource stealing garbage on the ground :naughty:

GnaaDXarmy said:
head crabs are a joke... no one would waste their time with them. Not a big fan of levels where one guy presses a button and everyone dies...u waste too much time dealing with that as opposed to actually playing. :dork: yet another level with an insane amount of resource stealing garbage on the ground :naughty:

Have you ever played the original crossfire? You press the button then people die in the level unless they are in the complex.

Please don't ruin my memories of bootcamp ;(

I'll play runoff - looks a bit too open for my taste - plus it's prone to lamers camping the button. I hate people who use the button ;(

You hate people that use the button in a map that was designed for that purpose?

This is probably one of the most fun HL2 maps I've played, but then again I don't play it much. :|

I noticed that there are a few exploits/bugs in the map:

The console where you press the bottom can be climbed on and you can get the little space it goes into. When the alarm stops and the pods drop, you can set it of again before it even comes down.

Like someone said, you can get stuck in some of the pipes.

There is one part of the map where you can jump over the fence and into part of the map you're not supposed to go. Doesn't give you any unfair avantage, you get stuck there anyway so you have to kill yourself.

Also, the doors that seel just before the pods drop can be jammed with non-breakable objects.

Other than that, great map.

I'm getting mad 'memory can not be read' errors in hl2dm since the addition. Anyone else having problems?

Back