Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Map Contest Deadline Approaches

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As a reminder to all of you budding deathmatch mappers out there, please remember that your contest entries need to be with Valve by THIS Saturday. If you haven't yet sent your entry then that means you currently have less than three days to finish your map, fill in your submission form, burn the map onto CD and post it to be there before Saturday.

Here's the friendly reminder from the Steam website yesterday:
Just a reminder that the deadline for HL2: DM Map Contest submissions is this Saturday, January 15th at 11:59 PST. Full details and contest rules can be found here: http://steampowered.com/?area=map_contest
The time is ticking so be sure you don't delay and miss the deadline. For those of you wanting to see previews of some of the entries being submitted to the competition, you will find the details here in our Half-Life 2: Deathmatch forum.

I will not enter but whats the price?

there is no fee to enter, but you can win lots of money, $5000 I think (don't know if theres a 2nd/3rd/4th/etc prize or wahtever)

yee first if $5,000 second and third is $3,000 a prize worth winning.

Yea, definetely worth trying for, but it's too late to start making your map now, unless you are SUPER MAPPER :D

I was going to enter, but Valve made it too complicated.

You have to put the map on a disc, put it in an envelope, mail it to them, and hope it doesn't get lost. Why couldn't they just make it so you can e-mail to them?

I guess to make it more official. Not really that hard...

I've got a room, and one light. Think I've got a chance?

:thumbs:

Actually, I'm not entering, but I can't wait to see the winners.

It might also reduce the number of crappy maps and joke maps people send in since more effort is required.

TriggerHappy said:
It might also reduce the number of crappy maps and joke maps people send in since more effort is required.

I'm going to agree that this is the main reason you have to mail it in.

I hope rabidmonkeys petrol map or brisck1's depot wins (mainly cos theyre both on my team:p)

Back