Half-Life 2 Expansion Pack Announced

only from Steam?
I wont have DSL when I move to cali
*cryes

Man, I go on one Monkey Island splurge and this happens!

Well, yay :D

§amW said:
I just don't get it... I don't see how that is possible...

The expansion got the answers.

sweet................ :D

Sounds awsome. But I want to get the retail package. STEAM is great, but I like having the game in front of me, and the box visible. Plus, I don't own a credit card.

I'm sure Valve are gonna have to include some sort of other payment methods, they're kinda alienating a lot of people otherwise. I'm fine either way though :p

People are kinda making a lot of pathetic fuss over a box really..

well that was a surprise... to step back from my gut reaction (you know: "OMFG! MORE HALFLIFE2!!!!11111ONEONEONE"), I must admit i'm very concerned about the scenario that they're planning. To plonk Freeman back in City 17 with Alyx appears to directly contradict the ending of the main game: Freeman is told he'll be brought back if and when he is needed... and then that turns out to be like 5 minutes later? Alyx was obviously in big trouble as well...

As exciting as the concept they've put forward is sounding, I can't help but think that the "play as Alyx before HL2" that many were speculating on would be rather more sensible. But then "OMFG! MORE HALFLIFE2!!!!11111ONEONEONE" ^^

Edit:
You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city getting up close and personal with some of the creatures and sights from the end of the game.
Synths? Stalkers?

great news! and which is more important,the box or the game itself?
come on people...

didn't valve have paypal as an alternate payment method for HL2?

why wouldn't they do the same thing for the expansion?

T.H.C.138 said:
didn't valve have paypal as an alternate payment method for HL2?

why wouldn't they do the same thing for the expansion?

Not that I recall.

kupoartist said:
Edit:
Synths? Stalkers?

Gargs. Houndeyes. Bullsquids. Big Mommas. Controllers.

Yesh.

Quote:
Actually the article says there is no evidence that you play as Gordon. They predict that you wont. Hey, I'm just glad that Alyx didn't die!

Signs point to playing as Gordon.

Quote:
The focus for Aftermath appears to break with the Half-Life tradition of presenting the storyline from the viewpoint of other key characters in the game.

Yes, but other *key* characters, that doesnt rule out a nameless rebel. In no other HL expansion have you played as Gordon, so I don't think that will change.

Man E3 will kick ass. :thumbs:

Am I the only one who wants to play as Marine Corporal Adrian Shephard! You know, the guy from Opposing Forces. You never do figure out what happens to him.

*whew*

i am glad Alyx is not the playable character... now to start all the "Adrian in civilian clothes" theories :E :thumbs:
this is great news! :D

Im not sure, first expansion where you play as Gordon. :dozey: Straight after the end of HL2? Think it might feel more like Half Life 2.5.
I'd rather just have 2, then 3 with sidelining characters as expansions, like Half Life 1 really. Oh well, I hope the change is good.

I would be quite angry if you played as Gordon. It would seemingly destroy the plot progression if the Gman sweeps you up, gives you a long and cryptic speech, and leaves you floating in nothingness, and comes back a second later saying, "Oh, wait, I forgot, you have to save City 17!"

Besides, one thing I loved in HL1-HL2 was the "What the heck" factor due to the time that had passed. I wanted the next time we see Gordon to be in the same type of situation.

So I guess I'm the only one who's not beaming over this announcement.

OOhh.. swEEt SweeT Expansionpack...

gagagagaHH....

Yey. This time I'll actually upgrade my computer and be prepared for it now that I've seen what Half-Life 2 was like on this thing.

I really hope its not in freemans eyes, i'd rather see if from somebody else's perspective from the ground level, like a freedom fighter or something and leave the story for freeman at the begining of hl3

I'd like to play as Barney, this guy is the best :]
Hmm.. (Isn't it to early?) - what about the game casting, I'm looking forward to hear Merle and the rest of crew in this expansion too!

If you play as Alex I won't be buying. I hate when they throw a nice looking chick into games. Why couldn't she be a geeky skinny pale woman?

Also, if it's Steam only then I won't be buying either.

I highly doubt we'll be playing as Freeman. As has been said, what would have been the point of the HL2 ending. I think, A) You play Alex and you see Freeman do his dissappearing act then you either survive or the G-Man helps. or B) You play as some unknown character.

If it's the latter then they better explain the Alex scenario. I'd hate to play as a Grunt when suddenly Alex appears with no explaination as to how she survived.

I love Valve. Half-Life is king. I'm looking forward to finding out more about it and being hyped again. In a way, I almost miss waiting for HL2...watching every E3 2003 and 2004 video all the time. Not knowing anything about it. It's that kind of thing that made it as good as it was in the end.

wooot!! yeahh!!! 3ffing gr3at n3ws!!!11

(VALVE, PLEASE DON'T MAKE US PLAY AS GORDON, IT WOULD RUIN IT FOR HL3!!!!)

Hmm... what if you do play as Gordon?

Why would the G-man release Gordon? Answer: he obviously wouldn't.

How would he escape, then? Answer: Someone else would have to let him out.

Who might this someone else be? How might that person be related to the Gman? Might it tell us more about who/what the Gman is and what the hell is going on?

If you do play as Gordon--I doubt you will, but you never know, of course--it would have some interesting possibilities for plot progression.

damn...I was hoping to play as the G-man..gets Gordon out of the picture for a while so he can hit up on Alyx...;)

So, finally Gordon? I can't wait to see how does the story continue.

my guess.. You will end Teleported by the docks? (Beta HL2?)

Ok serious

G-man: Mr Freeman I must Say you and your... Friend have proved to be very Decisve with the Combine's Downfall... But just Becuz they are falling doesnt mean they cant get bak up again... Which will mean they wi... When im not at liberty to say... Welcome to the Aftermath... :)

I will bet on it u will see a couple of levels they was cut out of HL2 beta

Sufferin-rebel said:
G-man: Mr Freeman I must Say you and your... Friend have proved to be very Decisve with the Combine's Downfall... But just Becuz they are falling doesnt mean they cant get back up again... Which will mean they wi... Well im not at liberty to say... Welcome to the Aftermath... :)
that was cool, very nice intro

You guys do realize that the game is going to be delayed for at least 6 months...don't you?

Lahire149 said:
that was cool, very nice intro

You guys do realize that the game is going to be delayed for at least 6 months...don't you?

We can all hope though.

Back