Half-Life 2 Expansion Pack Announced

I just dirtied my underwear in two places. Time to go get changed..........

F'ing AWESOME!!!!!!! I would have no prob playing as Gordon.

LONG LIVE GORDON FREEMAN!!!!!!!!!

I hope we don't get another Blue Shift when it comes to length..........

errr Half life 2 was Blue shift length, this should be Opposing force and HL1 Combined :) (P.S Mind the pun :))

YAY! I am very hapy to hear about this expansion!

Can't say i had any issues with Steam for HL2 - it all went pretty smoothly ...

I would be quite happy to leave Gordon in limbo until HL3 and play somebody else as City17 crumbles ... and I don't want to play Alyx either just because of how HL2 ended ...

I can only pray that it is not delayed like HL2 was ... please our Lord give us a timely release ;)

Woot!

I don't see why everyones orgasaming over the fact that you very well play as Gorden and not some low freedom fighter guy. Oh noe! What about the story!! This will affect everything that hasn't even probably been thought out yet! Who cares, really? I don't care who I play as; as long as I get to kill new stuff, go new places, see new stuff, hear/see more cool stuff, then I don't care.

kupoartist said:
well that was a surprise... to step back from my gut reaction (you know: "OMFG! MORE HALFLIFE2!!!!11111ONEONEONE"), I must admit i'm very concerned about the scenario that they're planning. To plonk Freeman back in City 17 with Alyx appears to directly contradict the ending of the main game: Freeman is told he'll be brought back if and when he is needed... and then that turns out to be like 5 minutes later? Alyx was obviously in big trouble as well...

As exciting as the concept they've put forward is sounding, I can't help but think that the "play as Alyx before HL2" that many were speculating on would be rather more sensible. But then "OMFG! MORE HALFLIFE2!!!!11111ONEONEONE" ^^

Edit:
Synths? Stalkers?
<el Chi heaps presents and blessings upon kupartist>
The more I think about this, the more sceptical I am.
With an expansion, Valve had a chance to flesh out the HL2 universe by further exploring so many things:
- the 7-hour war
- the Combine presence on and assimilation of Earth
- the G-Man's involvement with the rebels
...and much, much more!
It just seems that, by making what is essentially HL2.5, or Half-Life: The Alyx Years, Valve're missing out on a golden opportunity.

The new perspectives were what set HL expansions apart from the usual slew of lazy add-on cash-ins. No longer, it would seem.

EDIT
From, shall we say, less than reputable sources, it would seem that the article in question more than imples that HL2:AM will be Steam only.

Lame. Seriously f*cking lame.

As much as I would be a little dissapointed that the expansion would be played through the eyes of Gordon and not as, say, Eli during the 7 Year War.......

I must say, VALVe is too good to its fans.
Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate all the hard work you put in. Every little Steam update, every little bug correction...
You really are a great development team. It makes me love the artform of making video games. :D

el Chi said:
<el Chi heaps presents and blessings upon kupartist>
The more I think about this, the more sceptical I am.
With an expansion, Valve had a chance to flesh out the HL2 universe by further exploring so many things:
- the 7-hour war
- the Combine presence on and assimilation of Earth
- the G-Man's involvement with the rebels
...and much, much more!
It just seems that, by making what is essentially HL2.5, or Half-Life: The Alyx Years, Valve're missing out on a golden opportunity.

The new perspectives were what set HL expansions apart from the usual slew of lazy add-on cash-ins. No longer, it would seem.

well to be fair, we don't know who the main character is of this expansion and what the current situation is.. so anything anyone concludes from such articles is premature at best.

plus Valve has shown they love to be involved in just one single expansion for the HL series.. perhaps we will see another expansion after this one.. im sure most people wouldn't mind that :p

Back