Half-Life 2 Expansion, What would you like to see?

Playing as a female character gives you the feeling of (I do not know how to say it) but its just not professional.

DeusEx2, no!

but playing as a man, is a reflecting of your image inside the game. (did you get my point)

G0rgon may be onto a point... When we play games we randomly shoot down guys chasing after us with rapid fire weapons and laugh till we pass out at the gibs that splatter us when that grenade we launch hits the enemy right in the face.

With that much testosterone flying around the game-world, it seems odd for a female to be in that role. I'm not been sexist, I'm just saying that Rambo was never a chick.

Chode, mmm Good one. you cleard it out. thanks
But I like it to be multiple characters to play with, not only alex. I don't like to play with a female skin but I like to see female characters in the game Such as HL2. (Chode point too)

I get the point, thanks. But it is still funny that a lot of gamers don't like to play with a chick skin, while Gordon isn't exactly a Rambo -type-o-guy

* changes into fireman -suit against incoming flames*

Originally posted by Non-Sequitur
The ability to remove limbs. And then toss them around with the grav gun, spraying gore all over the walls and other characters. Oh yes, and many head explosions and decapitations.

VALVe have said something about bodies flying apart, when an explosion is dead on. Like the part in TrapTown - or that's just Zombies, I don't remember. But I agree, that would be cool.

-Ghost.

Originally posted by GhostValkyrie
VALVe have said something about bodies flying apart, when an explosion is dead on. Like the part in TrapTown - or that's just Zombies, I don't remember. But I agree, that would be cool.

-Ghost.

I do believe that only Zombies can be dismembered, and then there's only 2 instances. The first is a zombie sliced through the torso, where the upper half remains alive and crawls along the ground (seen in the e3 movie). The second instance is that after death, the headcrab will detach itself from the destroyed corpse (also seen in the e3 movie).

opfor 2.. shepard escapes from his imprisonment by the g-man when the combine attack..
:D

i like it

If they ever make an addon to HL2, its most likley you'll be Alnx, how would would it be any different being a female character? all you see is there hands, and i think she wears gloves anyway.:p

Her sound when she mouns from bullets pain, or when she jumps....etc

I'd love to see Cpl. Sheperd again... And the marines if possible. There's just something pretty damn cool about the Marine Corps...

Originally posted by DeusEx2
I get the point, thanks. But it is still funny that a lot of gamers don't like to play with a chick skin, while Gordon isn't exactly a Rambo -type-o-guy

* changes into fireman -suit against incoming flames*

I agree DeusEx2, I'd much rather play as a chic skin instead of a latent homosexual like Gordon.

* braces for the incoming flames *

well you put yoursaelf up for it iamirongsam, if you give thema window to break their will be rocks thrown here and their.

Originally posted by iamironsam
I agree DeusEx2, I'd much rather play as a chic skin instead of a latent homosexual like Gordon.

* braces for the incoming flames *

Just so you know, Valve said that Gordon is meant to take on the characteristics of the person playing as him. So, this isn't a flame but I found that a bit funny.

i don't think alyx is going to be the main character in any addon, this because:
-alyx speaks in hl2
-in every expansion and hl1, the character we play never speaks
-and alyx talks....

Originally posted by Chode
I do believe that only Zombies can be dismembered, and then there's only 2 instances. The first is a zombie sliced through the torso, where the upper half remains alive and crawls along the ground (seen in the e3 movie). The second instance is that after death, the headcrab will detach itself from the destroyed corpse (also seen in the e3 movie).

I think its a cool feature to have, more like real zombies and how they'll just keep coming even if their in pieces.. I suppose it could have been possible to do to a point in HL1, just wouldn't have looked as good.

Bodes well for possible games like They Hunger and the Dead Trilogy mods doesn't it. That would be sweet :)

Originally posted by ElFuhrer
Just so you know, Valve said that Gordon is meant to take on the characteristics of the person playing as him. So, this isn't a flame but I found that a bit funny.

Damn dude, you're right. I used to talk to the screen when people spoke to Gordon in the game. No wonder I thought he was such a homo.

Originally posted by iamironsam
Damn dude, you're right. I used to talk to the screen when people spoke to Gordon in the game. No wonder I thought he was such a homo.
your weird.........

Originally posted by Tarkus
-in every expansion and hl1, the character we play never speaks
Barney spoke in HL and you still play as him in Blue Shift. He also speaks in HL2.

How about better team work. Where you can fully command your team. Send them into battle, give them weapons and healh and more. With the supposely good AI that should work out great.

Originally posted by ElFuhrer
"As an expansion for Valve Software's critically accaliamed Half-Life 2, a rising developer know as Queerbox will be creating an alternate storyline know as 'Half-Live'. In Half-Live, players will be taking up the role of halflife2.net forum member SuperTrooper. Gamers will need to create friendlies by using excessive smilies and imitating avatars, while at the same time avoiding being banned by the moderators. Rated iM for imMature."
I confusing a little, but sounding like enjoying game by me. :) :) :)

Supertrooper is the man!!
And that is the best website i've ever seen, how did u come up with it Supertrooper, ur truley a genius!

Actually, the Barney Calhoun from Blue Shift never actually talks, and neither Gordon nor Shephard ever here that particular security guard talk. (Whether he's the same guy as Barney from Half-Life 2 remains to be seen...)

If we get a sequal to Opposing Force, I'd like to see it break away from the mold a bit. Take Shephard and put him in command of a large army. Splice some pseudo real time strategy missions inbetween the standard Half-Life-type missions. Use that engine scalability to max effect!

And again, I'd love to see the original Half-Life sage redone in the HL2 engine.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

i have 1 name for u as far as expansions go, Adrian Shepherd

other expansions would be great, but i definitely want to see a continutation with Adrian's point of view

besides, Valve can run with this idea seeing as how alot of pple have mentioned in the past how they like Adrian :)

I would just like to have the story take you back to the Black Mesa Facility. I think it would be cool as hell to go through that same area again but with the new gfx, physics and different creatures and weapons. It would be a whole new game even though it's the same one over again.

The Slave monster things will be on your side in HL2.. could be interesting playing as one of those in an expansion, maybe at the time they decide to join forces with you, or maybe later on when gordon is around. Would be interesting starting in Xen.. I dunno if we'll see any Xen areas in HL2 , I hope so, would be interesting to see how it looks this time around..

Originally posted by Kschreck
I think in an expansion it would be cool to be ethier the aliens or the combine. Also a full Coop mode over the network or online. What would you like to see in an expansion and why?

Newsflash: the game hasn't been released yet.

Honestly, I just want to see some creative maps and mods. Some that got my attention for HL1 were Snark Racing (forget the name of the mod), the one where you could play as either monsters or humans (teams, etc.), HL Rally (although I never played it). I like mods and levels that take the engine into a whole new world and do things that it wasn't especially designed for.

One thing that I really want to see is a new Hunted level for TF2. I am stoked for that...

Re: Re: Half-Life 2 Expansion, What would you like to see?

Originally posted by omega3
Newsflash: the game hasn't been released yet.

Newsflash: We already know, and we're happy to discuss it. Clearly. Join in the discussion and post something sensible, or not at all.

Originally posted by SemiDiablan
Honestly, I just want to see some creative maps and mods. Some that got my attention for HL1 were Snark Racing (forget the name of the mod), the one where you could play as either monsters or humans (teams, etc.), HL Rally (although I never played it). I like mods and levels that take the engine into a whole new world and do things that it wasn't especially designed for.

One thing that I really want to see is a new Hunted level for TF2. I am stoked for that...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I really want to see HL1 content recreated in the world of Source. Not necessarily to play the HL1 story in Source with new models and graphics etc, because that would be a lot of work, but to launch multiplayer DM in HL2 and see that Stalkyard is one of the maps on the maplist; all recreated in Source with new phyics, models and textures; or Undertow with the sexy new water effects and high definition sexyness.

Chris have u played OP4 MP? some of the maps in MP are neat and i wouldn't mind seeing some of them in source also..

source might just make HL1 stuff a little more popular than it is right now once everyone has gone through HL2 SP and are looking for something to play while new mods are being created and released.

I didn't play OP4MP much at all, but I know there was some good maps. Weren't they all made by the mod community for Gearbox?

not all of them Chris.

some of the core OP4 maps are exactly the same as HLDM's

Bootcamp
Datacore
Crossfire

and a few other maps i can't remember are all the same as HLDM's versions but theres other maps that Gearbox created just for OP4.

there are a few popular ones created by the OP4 community but generally its the maps that came with OP4

Actually, the new Op4 multiplayer maps were created by the DEVELOPMENT community.. People like Levelord and Tom Mustaine... There really wasn't that much of an organized Op4 community.. At least not to the scale that would have produced maps prior to Op4's release.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

I dont remember exactly, but at teh end of op4 didnt the G-man say that they would call on adrian shepard's skills again when needed?

Well if thats so I think it would be a neat ending in HL2 if gordon dies and then in HL3 you come back as shepard to replace gordon.

I know people would probably not accept gordon dieing though.

Back