Half-Life 2 Expansion, What would you like to see?

Well I have to agree with the masses, and I'm sure Adrian Shepard will probably be back.
Also I'd love to see HLDM maps redone for the source, I agree Chris, Stalkyard was a great map :cool: . It was the first one I ever played in HLDM and you can really have a lot of fun on it. Datacore was quite good as well.

Originally posted by Chris_D
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I really want to see HL1 content recreated in the world of Source. Not necessarily to play the HL1 story in Source with new models and graphics etc, because that would be a lot of work, but to launch multiplayer DM in HL2 and see that Stalkyard is one of the maps on the maplist; all recreated in Source with new phyics, models and textures; or Undertow with the sexy new water effects and high definition sexyness.

I'm kinda the opposite, not so much porting the odd bits here and there across to source, but remaking and updating all the models and maps for the new engine. I'd love to be a part of doing that. Just imagine some of those HL maps in source all rebuilt from scratch. It makes me think of the Star Wars trilogy and the Special Editions they did.. You had the spaceport which looked cool but pretty empty, then in the special edition it was how it was meant to be, with tons of little details.. Or cloud city, perhaps a better example, in the original the windows were all blanked out with colored glass, in the special edition they were open and you could see out onto the city.

Just imagine it. The train ride at the start, the original could only hint at parts of BM. The special edition could show soooo much more. The train could even have other people on it, chatting away to each other.

Then that first area you go into after leaving the train, not only could that gantry be far more detailed and tons of extra things around in the area. But when you walk through into the reception area you could have it go up levels, all explorable, people sat at desks working away, everyone doing their own thing, a real work looking atmosphere, add military guards here and there, maybe arguing with the security folk while the scientists, each one different in appearance simpyl argue with everyone.

Think of the outside area's, how much more realistic they'd look

As for Xen, well.. Xen may even be enjoyable! now that WOULD be a challenge haha

And what about the monsters and characters. The Garg, imagine a remade one of those, much more realistic looking chasing you down a great looking detailed corridor to the big generator at the end. Whenever he tries to burn you it ends up setting everything on fire, rather more dangerous than before :) and those Tentacles, imagine the silo scene updated and improved. Or those monsters with the seeking weapon thing, bigger and badder than before. And those area's with a lot of water, well they'd be crying out for a Hydra or two :D

A special edition could actually emcompass HL, Op4, BS and even a black ops version. A huge, completely remade version. Same story just refined to be a perfect introduction to HL2

ooh im all tingly now lol!

wow, yeah, you're right Fenric1138. never thought of those things being changed like that.. that would be really cool..

Originally posted by 0zz0
I know people would probably not accept gordon dieing though.

Heck, Gordon dies all the time. People just won't accept it if he doesn't come back afterwards. :)

Originally posted by UndeadScottsman
Actually, the new Op4 multiplayer maps were created by the DEVELOPMENT community.. People like Levelord and Tom Mustaine... There really wasn't that much of an organized Op4 community.. At least not to the scale that would have produced maps prior to Op4's release.

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

well i don't pretend to know who Tom Mustaine is.. but i can tell u right now, when picked up my pre-ordered copy of OP4 and played it for the first time on MP, i saw Tom Mustaine's name included in some of the levels.. so whether hes part of the community or otherwise, most of regular maps u see in OP4 these days were there from day one.

Originally posted by Bobo Vieri
Supertrooper is the man!!
And that is the best website i've ever seen, how did u come up with it Supertrooper, ur truley a genius!

The clown is from a government mental health website.. check the properties XD

BTW: Yes, supertruper is ALL of our friendlies. Times ten.

And to not be spam-

I'd like to see an expansion with a sports game. Like, Football (Hell, both American, and soccer) and baseball and baseball, etc. Hell, even bowling maybe.

Originally posted by Fenric1138
I'm kinda the opposite, not so much porting the odd bits here and there across to source, but remaking and updating all the models and maps for the new engine. I'd love to be a part of doing that. Just imagine some of those HL maps in source all rebuilt from scratch. It makes me think of the Star Wars trilogy and the Special Editions they did.. You had the spaceport which looked cool but pretty empty, then in the special edition it was how it was meant to be, with tons of little details.. Or cloud city, perhaps a better example, in the original the windows were all blanked out with colored glass, in the special edition they were open and you could see out onto the city.

Just imagine it. The train ride at the start, the original could only hint at parts of BM. The special edition could show soooo much more. The train could even have other people on it, chatting away to each other.

Then that first area you go into after leaving the train, not only could that gantry be far more detailed and tons of extra things around in the area. But when you walk through into the reception area you could have it go up levels, all explorable, people sat at desks working away, everyone doing their own thing, a real work looking atmosphere, add military guards here and there, maybe arguing with the security folk while the scientists, each one different in appearance simpyl argue with everyone.

Think of the outside area's, how much more realistic they'd look

As for Xen, well.. Xen may even be enjoyable! now that WOULD be a challenge haha

And what about the monsters and characters. The Garg, imagine a remade one of those, much more realistic looking chasing you down a great looking detailed corridor to the big generator at the end. Whenever he tries to burn you it ends up setting everything on fire, rather more dangerous than before :) and those Tentacles, imagine the silo scene updated and improved. Or those monsters with the seeking weapon thing, bigger and badder than before. And those area's with a lot of water, well they'd be crying out for a Hydra or two :D

A special edition could actually emcompass HL, Op4, BS and even a black ops version. A huge, completely remade version. Same story just refined to be a perfect introduction to HL2

ooh im all tingly now lol!

wow that would be awesome!
but rebuilt from scratch? why??
they could use old maps and optimize them with hammer and new textures and models, maybe they could includes specials new levels inside.

Back