Half Life 2 Machinima (Red vs Blue type Movie)

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
A Machinima is a Movie inside a computer game, kinda like Red vs Blue. Could someone explain it better?
A good idea for it all is: Head Crab Rotisserie style
Who wants in?
Please post your name and what you might be able to or willing to do.

I'd love to get this off the ground.
Beta Master
Oh, and a better explantation:
A movie built entirely using a game's in-game engine. This could be done much more professionally in Half-Life 2 with the lip syncing, however that also means it would be more complicated. Basically, you could, in a sense, call all of Half-Life 2's scenes machinimas, because they are all in-game scenes, instead of pre-rendered cutscenes.

I dont know if I want to do any more Half-Life movies. I did a few with Chaos Films (known for it's Day of Defeat movies) and the process was...well...laborious. Dealing with people who arent showing up, finding a server that doesnt lag, people dicking around when they're supposed to be filming, etc. But I could be convinced to help do some more. I think it's a good idea and wanted to do something like that as well, but nobody else wanted to do it, or it was all "Hey, lets do this! Uhh...you do all the work, I'll take the fame."

I'm just going to see if the commuinty wants one and i'll get the needed people in... and see what we can do

OOOO I've always wanted to be part of one of these!

I am interested!

I guess I'll just be an "actor" ?

I really don't know what jobs there are when making a machinima.

I've been in a couple random videos before. One on CS: S where it was just kind of like an action scene. Another was an "ownage" video, where I had to act like a guy was owning me.

I've also had my voice featured in a couple flash animations, so voice work is definately something I could do, if need be.

As for filming and such, I probably couldn't considering all my knowledge comes from Fraps and Windows Movie Maker... in other words... I suck.

I'd very much like to be a part of this, but the only thing I could do is help with the writing.

I'd need a crack team of awsome HL2 writers, and a few comedy people to spice it up.
We'd need a good lot of mappers.
A website / webdesigner.
Modlers for anything that we'd need that's not in HL2, ie a sausepan, lol.
Voice actors, A Server to do it on*, Camera Men.

*Firstly there is the question of how we are going to do it, either totaly scripted, using SDK, or just do it in multiplayer, or a combine of both.
The last ones my fav, could have headcrabs and other stuff like that, we could even ask / use Sven Co-Op to do any monster related scenes.

But we need a good host of ideas and people

Well like I said, I'm all for it, as useless as I more than likely am...

Needing of more than about 4 people* ?
EDIT: I'm going to write up a list of the ppl interested, i'll PM you and i'll try to get a meeting on AIM or mIRC. SO don't be pissed off if i PM you, ok?

I bags comedy.

Scripted sounds good... RvB is awesome, so try and develope on that. I want the cult of the flag.

Jintor said:
I bags comedy.

Scripted sounds good... RvB is awesome, so try and develope on that. I want the cult of the flag.

lol, the flag cult was classic... but please no rip offs... besides, we have no real CTF yet.

i don't really know, i did think while i put that in.
LOL

Hmm... this is an itneresting project, and I'm quite interested. My name, is Zachary White.

I can:

Voice act!
Website... build, or something.
Video edit, quite well.

If you would like to reach me, reach me at:

E-MAIL: [email protected]
AIM: ZacZakk

(Note: I would prefer greatly E-mail contact at first)

I'd love to take part, I could either act or do some simple modelling as I'm learning. Can't texture yet though.

I would like to do this, an could do acting as character (Not Voices)
Email:[email protected]

Email me if you want me in, i would try to be there as much as possible

Edit:Added Email

I'd be willing to be on maps. Get back to me

FireCrack ---(at)--- gmail ---(dot)--- com

I think writing is my thing. I just really loved the cult of the flag... do you think if we asked nicely, RosterTeeth might give us some pointers?

sure it is. I will join as an actor. this would be best in garrys mod multiplayer, because you could add objects when needed and can be any model. so we can have player headcrabs

I can do teh webdesign and the website....If needed...!!!!!!

me!!!

hello
i would love to be involved in something like this i ent very good at web designing or mapiing or editing, but i like stupid funny movies like anchorman and team america. so i could write some funny stuff.
i do what im told so i could be an actor or voice something.
ive always wanted to make a funny flash animation or something ive got some good ideas id love to be an actor so if u need an extra or anything id be glad to help in any way

hope u like my portfolio?

[email protected] <----- vote me?!

BUMP:
I'll have details of an IRC channel up this weekend.

Im an actor and a musician so i could cover some voices (trained in voice acting) and have lots of sound equipment to work with

I would be quite interested in doing this....I am new to these forums but am a senior member on other HL2 related forums so I am not exactly new to HL2 or the source engine and its capabilities or the original HL and its capabilities....I could be a good actor in-game or possibly voice....maybe camera crew member.....I can build things in garry's mod quite well like RC vehicles using thrusters....catapults etc. right now I was actually bored and i was in the middle of building a set in garry's mod.....a department store and it is coming along quite nicely although I have only spent a half an hour on it I have not messed around with Hammer a whole lot but if someone could get me a basic building in a map or things like that me and possibly a few others in a coordinated effort could contruct things like stores and what not inside garry's mod that could be used for sets....just a thought...

sorry about the not mIRC last weekend guys, i had too much work to do, but next weekend sounds good

EDIT: Channel will be on quake net under the channel name
#HL2Movie at 4:00 tommorow GMT + 10:00

what time?
i dont know all that gmt stuff im from england so can someone figure it out for me what time am or pm

if you are in est, i cannot make it at that time, as I will still be in school

England, GMT is about 0:00, so just - 10:00hrs from the time an you'll get the time.

RPGPROG, it's in about 6 and a half hrs from when i post this post

Back