Half-life 2 metaphor...

T

Trinitron

Could the Matrix potentially be a metaphor for Half-life 2 by the way the setting is laid out? What I mean is, for example, a lot of people liked the Matrix because it was simple and you weren't aware of the entire world but in the 2nd movie the world was revealed to you. This is could be the case for Half-life because in Half-life 1 the only places you are aware of were Black Mesa and Xen. However, in Half-life 2 it looks like it is going to take place in City 17 all over. I wonder if this would complicate the game so it seems like a different atmosphere than Half-life one, meaning its taking place in numerous areas, from what the photos tell us and videos. So I am curious to hear your opinion if you think Half-life 2 will better than Half-life 1. I am not taking about a basic thread of whether it is better or not but if the world will "complicate" the game... I think Half-life 2 looks like a great game...
:afro:

what you're saying wouldn't make the matrix a metaphor for hl2. it would just make them similar.

i don't really see it though, you might be stretching reality to get a relation between matrix and hl.

poseyjmac said:
i didn't like matrix 2 and 3 so i hope not!
Totally. Lets hope HL2 is as unlike Reloaded as possible.

Has anyone noticed that theres not much quality discussion going on today? Tons of threads got closed/deleted,. and even the ones that survive are,.. ehh..

Are we all just headcrab zombies lurking around for the magic g-word or what?

Trinitron said:
Could the Matrix potentially be a metaphor for Half-life 2 by the way the setting is laid out? What I mean is, for example, a lot of people liked the Matrix because it was simple and you weren't aware of the entire world but in the 2nd movie the world was revealed to you. This is could be the case for Half-life because in Half-life 1 the only places you are aware of were Black Mesa and Xen. However, in Half-life 2 it looks like it is going to take place in City 17 all over. I wonder if this would complicate the game so it seems like a different atmosphere than Half-life one, meaning its taking place in numerous areas, from what the photos tell us and videos. So I am curious to hear your opinion if you think Half-life 2 will better than Half-life 1. I am not taking about a basic thread of whether it is better or not but if the world will "complicate" the game... I think Half-life 2 looks like a great game...
:afro:
I'm apparently the only one that understands what you mean. It's one of my greatest concerns about HL². The atmosphere being totally off.

One thing I really hope for is that there will be some indoor (i.e. inside some huge complex like BMRF) action, so that the conection to HL (in a gameplay sense) isn't totally severed.

Back