Half-Life 2 on September 1st

• September 1st

Votes: 17 14.2%
  • Mid to late September

Votes: 103 85.8%

• Total voters
Headwires said:
limiting vote ffs :p
EB Games just changed their date from 9/1/04 to 11/1/04 yesterday! If this is the case it will be 14 months late and counting. That really suuuuucks BIG TIME. You would think a company as large as Valve with all their technology could get their shit together better than that. Oh well, I guess thats the difference between the Haves & the Have nots. They just want to delay it till the Holiday season so they can grubb more of our hard earned bucks. A deplorable marketing tactic.

Old Fox said:
EB Games just changed their date from 9/1/04 to 11/1/04 yesterday! If this is the case it will be 14 months late and counting. That really suuuuucks BIG TIME. You would think a company as large as Valve with all their technology could get their shit together better than that. Oh well, I guess thats the difference between the Haves & the Have nots. They just want to delay it till the Holiday season so they can grubb more of our hard earned bucks. A deplorable marketing tactic.

Don't listen to anyone else other than Valve/Vivendi. And right now they say "Summer 2004" But if you think that's not enough, then let me enlighten you.

Reasons why it's much better that they release it sooner then later:

1) Fans are becoming crazy. The preload was delayed and many were jumping down valve's throat, claiming they'll never trust them again. Valve likes their fans and I don't think waiting a month or two is enough to jeopardize their trust with the fans.

2) They are guaranteed to sell ALOT of copies no matter when it's.

3) 2 months more of selling! :thumbs: That is reason enough. and people who want to buy it for a relative for the holidays still can, but most who want it will have it by then.

They also want to get it to us. That means PAYDAY FOR VALVE :bounce: !!
Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't they get paid for how many copies they sell? If they arn't going to sell more at the holidays then they probably want our money they worked so hard to earn.

Also I think that they will want it off there chests. One more thing they have to worry about(in a way). Now all they have to do is tf2, an expsansion, all those source conversions,
etc......

I know there is time between gold and production. But when it's gold it's finished. Perhaps folks will be able to play it through steam right after it goes gold.

something to think about.

kill9cowboy said:
I know there is time between gold and production. But when it's gold it's finished. Perhaps folks will be able to play it through steam right after it goes gold.

something to think about.
that would be cool, but I doubt it because Vivendi would end up being screwed (being the publisher) because people would just grab the steam version opposed to waiting for the print copies.

gold means its approved for mass production... shortly thereafter it hits store shelves and is then released on an official release date.

well, that's a good point.

Lol, look at us all, we will read into anything to find hope in playing this game :p

Back