Half-Life 2 Screenshot on eBay for upgrade money : LOL!

stinger.aim92 said:
That guy is exaggerating with the pics of the G-Man. Just because the 8500 doesnt support dynamic lightning and shader doesn't mean the game will look like that. I really have a GF4MX440 and though I don't get some cool graphic effects out of games they still look fine.

Obviously he's exaggerating, the entire thing is meant to be humourous.

6iXx said:
Gabe bid $100, I outbidded him..

LOL! You'd paid?

That's pretty cool of Gabe to bid $100 bucks though.

Pipboy said:
LOL! You'd paid?

That's pretty cool of Gabe to bid $100 bucks though.

Someone will outbid me soon, I hope.

Wow, its this kid's lucky day. I guess Gabe bid on it so the kid can't spoil it for everyone else :D

6ixX id just like to say thats extreamly nice of you. Its also extreamly mean of you if you dont plan to pay.

20 people bid for half-life2 screenshots:Current bid: US $102.50

are they obsessed with compulsive or are they just plain retarded?

We have known it was really him since someone tried to sell VALVe Software on Ebay. He (Gabe) bid $10,000,000 to buy it :O

lol natedgreat is high bidder at $122.

Not a bad idea, though. I wonder how many copy cat auctions will pop up.

Wow. Gabe is even more awesome than I thought. I hope Gabe wins; wouldn't it be cool if Gabe ended up financing part of his new computer?

axeil said:
Wow. Gabe is even more awesome than I thought. I hope Gabe wins; wouldn't it be cool if Gabe ended up financing part of his new computer?
meh, 120$ can't buy squat for a good PC. Maybe a hard drive or some cheap RAM

You know what would be funny? If Gabe just sent him a brand new fresh smacking brand new computer to his front door. Hey, as a matter of fact Gabe donate me one too. : :rolleyes:

I was going to say maybe gabe didnt want some sensitive information leaking out.... so he could use the companies money to keep it secure....

hahaha oh well

I may have just created the account but I fully intended to pay if I had won. However I am trying to save and US$30 was my limit, though I'm happy to see the price still going up, the more people we have playing this game, the better!

I have $5 Australian dollars... who wants to write me an amusing story :p

One day an evil hl2 hater blew up the valve building and the game could never be activated, ever. Mass riots apocolypse etc end of world

the end
SEND MONEY NOW

I think the person selling it is going to send the screenshot of the endgame after he beats it.

killer916 said:
You know what would be funny? If Gabe just sent him a brand new fresh smacking brand new computer to his front door. Hey, as a matter of fact Gabe donate me one too. : :rolleyes:
He is actually accepting "Computer" as a payment method, saying that it should be able to play HL2 with decent graphics and framerates.

Hehe, I bet Gabe'll trick someone into donating $1000+ by raising the bids all the time and then stop bidding when it's high enough.

Someone send Gabe an email that he actually does roxors our boxorzz... I'm afraid to ^_^

US $122.50

Time left: 3 days 14 hours
5-day listing
Ends Nov-16-04 20:51:00 PST
Start time: Nov-11-04 20:51:00 PST
History: 21 bids (US $0.99 starting bid)
High bidder: natedgreat3 ( 173)

Item location: Whitby, Ontario
Canada

Ships to: Worldwide
Shipping costs: Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details
Shipping, payment details and return policy

wtf,, just wtf.

axeil said:

I bet he does in the end. Gabe put $40mill towards hl2, hes known for loving the community - it'd be a nice gesture.

stinger.aim92 said:
That guy is exaggerating with the pics of the G-Man. Just because the 8500 doesnt support dynamic lightning and shader doesn't mean the game will look like that. I really have a GF4MX440 and though I don't get some cool graphic effects out of games they still look fine.

Words fail me :rolleyes:

ppl seem to actually feel sorry for this guy, and glad he is getting money, i feel sorry for the ppl stupid enough to bid, bar gabe seeing as he owns valve and this person is making money from valve copyrighted material

If Gabe feels so desperate to give out money, he can feel free to give some my way please

This is good. Extra publicity for Gabe, is this ;).

-Dekstar

noone has outbid $122.5....

it's been there for ages, common gabe!

So if Gabe wins, he'll have the name and address of this punk and charge him with piracy. LOL

Back