Half-life 2 soundtrack

Natan

Reaction score
where can I download this?
and what track on the Cd is it?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Search for GCF Scape on google, download and install it.

open file source_sounds.gcf and goto sounds/music

All the tracks are there in mp3 format.

Yeah exactly, but you need microsoft networks 1.1 or something like that, its on the microsoft website to download for free, just in case you don't have it. (then follow kirovmans steps)

You can get a CD but its only with the 'gold' version i think. So spend 50/60 quid or for free....your choice :rolleyes:

Yes. What those two above me said. And don't forget to Exit Steam before listening to the GCF sound files.

that sounds like a pain in the ass. any links to direct downloading?

That's the one - I've used it, and it's brilliant! The music is also great :D . I wanted the music a while ago and heard about GCFScape, downloaded it (took a little while to find it though) and unpacked the files. I highly recommend it - it's an essential for any HL2 fan.

Obviously, you can get all the other sounds if you like from the 'source sounds.gcf', like voice clips, gun sounds etc. Absolutely everything is in those gcf files! :cool:

And I thought I was special for getting the gold :(

oh wait, I am :p

(jk)

Natan said:

What the hell? I just gave a link.

:)

"What the hell? I just gave a link."

Ok so what do I do once I'm in? what am I looking for?

sorry for being such a computer illiterate :p :)

There is one song on the official soundtrack that you won't find in the game... the extended version of the 'valve theme'. Other than that you can rip all the other music out of the game.

i think he is looking for direct dls of the actual songs

diluted said:
There is one song on the official soundtrack that you won't find in the game... the extended version of the 'valve theme'. Other than that you can rip all the other music out of the game.

Actually, I think if you either have the original Half-Life CD, it's on that or, you can open the Half-Life gcf file and it's in there. :bounce:

If you have the CD, it's track 10 (you can get the track names with Media Player before ripping) and it's called 'Valve Theme (Long Version)'.

I'm in two minds as to whether to post this, as some people are looking to download the files, and the following site is a very likely not legal, but this Russian music download shop has the titles of the songs for the HL2 soundtrack, for those of us who extracted it from the gfc file:

http://mclub.te.net.ua/vcat.phtml?action=vs&album=26179

I've no idea if they are in the same order as they're listed in the GFC, but I suppose you should be able to match up the song names by comparing the track length

WhiteZero said:
.Net Framework 1.1
What exactly does this do? (Apart from allow you to run GCFscape).

I really want ot extract the music as well. Some cool tracks in HL2. Definitely has it's own sound going on. Are the tracks easy to find in the sounds GCF file?

Back