Half-Life 2 SP Demo

dream431ca

Reaction score
I read on another Half-life 2 site that they might be releasing a Single Player demo. Of course this is another rumor but, it is a nice thought..... :stare:

nah they said many times in the past that they won't be releasing one. I guess it would be nice but I would rather they concentrated on getting the full game done.

Do you believe in miracles? It's gonna take a miracle for valve to release an sp demo. Hell it seems like we need a miracle for them to release the full game.

Forget it, besides, I don't want to spoil myself anymore... This thread should be closed, it is based on nothing but speculation. And pointless hope.

God I sound evil. :devil: ;)

If there was to be a demo it'd be realeased after HL2 was. Isn't that how the HL1 Demo was released.

By SP HL2 Demo- you mean Leaked Alpha.... Then yes. There is a SP HL2 Demo.... :p

closed *

:p

I think that when/if they release a demo, it will be like uplink, not a HL2 level. :E

asdf said:
closed *

:p

I think that when/if they release a demo, it will be like uplink, not a HL2 level. :E
That would be a good idea. Non spoiling. Although, it doesn't matter if it spoils or not because it will be after HL2 Full is released... w/e :x

Valve said that they would only release one after the game has come out for awhile.

I'd love to see the number of DLs for a HL2 demo..
The first FarCry demo had 619,433 DLs on Gamershell alone, be cool to see how many DLs the HL2 demo would get (keep in mind, it'll get alot less DLs once it's released AFTER the game is out).

I would just enjoy a playable "tech demo." You know the video where they where showing off the physics systems in some sort of "pool room." I would be excited if they did that.

blahblahblah said:
I would just enjoy a playable "tech demo." You know the video where they where showing off the physics systems in some sort of "pool room." I would be excited if they did that.

Agreed, I wish they'd atleast release the Techdemo Binks..
After seeing that one shot from the ATi Shader PDF (http://home.comcast.net/~shuzer/shaders.jpg), I've been wanting it ever since

I Pitty Da Fool! Of course not, look you nubs needs to read a article or two on Half-Life 2 before you say something like that.
/me slays Da Fool!

Anthraxxx said:
By SP HL2 Demo- you mean Leaked Alpha.... Then yes. There is a SP HL2 Demo.... :p

You call THAT a demo!? :flame:

More like an incomplete piece of garbage!! (Not refering to Half-life 2 just the Alpha leak.)

Modbrit said:
I Pitty Da Fool! Of course not, look you nubs needs to read a article or two on Half-Life 2 before you say something like that.
/me slays Da Fool!

I've read LOTS of articles on Half-life 2. And they WILL release a demo...maybe in a few months, but my point is they WILL release a demo. :cool:

They've said they'll release a demo after they get the game done.

no way valve will release a demo pre-release so just dont even wish. were talkin about the company who made a whole new level (aside from half-life) as a half-life demo (uplink) so dont even think you would get a playable demo of the actual content in HL2 pre release :burp: :stare:

dream431ca said:
I've read LOTS of articles on Half-life 2. And they WILL release a demo...maybe in a few months, but my point is they WILL release a demo. :cool:

keep on dreaming.

when you ever so well researched Demo comes out the rest of us will have completed the game 3 times through and be begging for some mods to release.

There is already a demo out guys, get with the picture... what do you think that "leaked alpha" was? Just a leaked alpha? No way, that was the demo :p

Back