half-life 2 vs, halo 2

S

shitbird

i know half life blows it away, and i also know its hard to compare. but help list some reasons half life 2 is better.

Halo 2 is way better and more revolutionary than Half-life 2.

Woah man, I think this topic is a little too advanced. I mean.. What do you do all day? Try to think of complex advanced threads like these? Simply genius!

HL2 > Halo 2

Played Halo 2 sp today:

-Plot is lame again
-start on space ship again
-City level is fun, but gets repetitive after sending five waves of aliens in the same area.
-Once again its a mindless run and gun fps game
-woo for duel welding... (gets old fast)
-I yawned three times while playing

Im sure Halo 2 mp is alot better

Halflife 2 from what we have seen:

-Very immersive plot!
-A crap load of atmosphere!
-Physics! Facial Expressions!
-Mods! DOD:S later!
-citadel idea just plain rocks!
-Manipulator gun of course...

HL2 is the whole package!!

PoeticRocker said:
Played Halo 2 sp today:

-Plot is lame again
-start on space ship again
-City level is fun, but gets repetitive after sending five waves of aliens in the same area.
-Once again its a mindless run and gun fps game
-woo for duel welding... (gets old fast)
-I yawned three times while playing

Im sure Halo 2 mp is alot better

Halflife 2 from what we have seen:

-Very immersive plot!
-A crap load of atmosphere!
-Physics! Facial Expressions!
-Mods! DOD:S later!
-citadel idea just plain rocks!
-Manipulator gun of course...

HL2 is the whole package!!
Nice recap. Thanks!

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
umm...yeah...so there.

I didn't wanna get into one of these stupid "Halo 2 fanboys sux n00bz" discussions again, but since I'm here, my main argument is that HL2 is better cuz you need more than a P3 733 and a GeForce 3 to run it! lol

We need a little bit of netiquette here. If you're going to post something like this, with Half-Life 2 currently NOT RELEASED YET, you should include a list of pre-made flames that people can copy and paste. It saves everyone a bit of time that way =P.

Seriously though, just wait until HL2 is out haha.

let's compare cars in the version to hte cars we have now .. of course we don't really have any idea what they will be like, but we will use a fanboy skillz to make up facts. ready?

cmon lets fORGET about halo2, halflife2 is out in like less than a week and all you guys can think about is halo2!!!!! WE SHOUlD BE GEARING INTO HALFLIFE2 MODE NOT TALKING ABOUT HALO2!

LESS THAN ONE WEEEEEEEK!

FORGET HALO2

You want the real reason why HL2 is better than H2?

Herre you go : Half-Life² = 8 letters, 1 number and 1 "-" => this makes 10 bytes!!! 80 bits

now Halo 2 : it's got 4 letters, a space and a number => only 6 bytes, MUAHAHAHAHAH, 48 bits! LMAO!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

Chiefi said:

I won't even bother dignifying that with a response.

Wesisapie said:
cmon lets fORGET about halo2, halflife2 is out in like less than a week and all you guys can think about is halo2!!!!! WE SHOUlD BE GEARING INTO HALFLIFE2 MODE NOT TALKING ABOUT HALO2!

LESS THAN ONE WEEEEEEEK!

FORGET HALO2

Ah, yes... I was told many times that this is a depressive forum :D

wilka91 said:
I didn't wanna get into one of these stupid "Halo 2 fanboys sux n00bz" discussions again, but since I'm here, my main argument is that HL2 is better cuz you need more than a P3 733 and a GeForce 3 to run it! lol

but you must admit that Halo 2 fanboys sux n00bz

Chiefi said:

I cant really think anything revolutionary, that Halo 2 brough to fps games.

Storyline: Nothing here, we havent seen before. Same goes for Half-Life 2

Graphics: Revolutionary graphics?. You cant seriously say, that Halo 2 has better graphics than Half-Life 2, Far Cry or Doom3?

Gameplay: Nothing here, that i can think of.. Half-Life 2 introduces physics. Even though we've seen games before, that use physics engine like Havoc, i think Half-Life 2 takes it to another level.

Multiplayer: Once again, nothing we havent seen before. Nothing new in Half-Life2 either, but theres always the mod community.

Ps. Im sure Halo 2 is awesome game for Xbox players, but its nothing revolutionary.

Best thread ever!!!111

Bump!!

Spam!!!!11

Personally I think "Yoda's Desktop Adventures" is better than both games combined. Released years ago... still better than either game. Guarenteed. RE-RELEASE THIS GAME LUCASARTS! IT'S AMAZING!

(please insert sarcasm anywhere you wish)

sAnt@ said:
I cant really think anything revolutionary, that Halo 2 brough to fps games.

Storyline: Nothing here, we havent seen before. Same goes for Half-Life 2

Graphics: Revolutionary graphics?. You cant seriously say, that Halo 2 has better graphics than Half-Life 2, Far Cry or Doom3?

Gameplay: Nothing here, that i can think of.. Half-Life 2 introduces physics. Even though we've seen games before, that use physics engine like Havoc, i think Half-Life 2 takes it to another level.

Multiplayer: Once again, nothing we havent seen before. Nothing new in Half-Life2 either, but theres always the mod community.

Ps. Im sure Halo 2 is awesome game for Xbox players, but its nothing revolutionary.

Oh come on... stop being a hl2 fanboy and admit that Halo 2 just surpasses hl2 in everyway.

jk.. i wasn't even serious when i said halo 2 was more revolutionary than hl2. I'm just so tired of these useless hl2 vs halo2 thread. :x

Right off the bat, when i started playing halo2 sp i got bored and stopped playing by the time i got to earth wich is like the second mission! In hl2 i dont think ill get out of my seat untill i finish even though its like 40 hours + of gameplay even if u dont stop to take in the scenery! Then i will proceed to shoot my self in the head so teh last thought in my mind as i go to hell wil be hl2 and all of its goodness for eternity :stare:

Depends what you want to compare, and what you base it on.

Halo 2 will sell more, because you do not need to buy a new system to play it, just have an Xbox, which is no where near the price of a new PC capable of playing HL2 at acceptable framerates.

Halo 2 also has better multiplayer, in my opinion. Well, I don't know, it's tough to compare, it's so much different from CS: Source, so it's not a fair competition as far as Multiplayer goes.

Also platform is different; Half-Life 2 will obviously blow Halo 2 away in graphics, as well as most likely physics, and story.

A lot of average gamers don't appreciate a good story anyways, some might not even play single player, which is in my opinion the best part of Half-Life 2 on the date of the release, even though CS: Source is a very good game...it's rather "un-finished."

So..it's really down to opinion really, but your opinion is probably based on which platform you prefere/can afford more.

yadalogo said:
Right off the bat, when i started playing halo2 sp i got bored and stopped playing by the time i got to earth wich is like the second mission! In hl2 i dont think ill get out of my seat untill i finish even though its like 40 hours + of gameplay even if u dont stop to take in the scenery! Then i will proceed to shoot my self in the head so teh last thought in my mind as i go to hell wil be hl2 and all of its goodness for eternity :stare:

Although i think HL2 is the better, i think H2 will have the most replayability

Everyday i play Halo, because its so simple and pick up and play, but with Half-Life 1, i feal i have to start the game to start playing

will you idiots cease with the vs threads?

Nobody cares. Just play the damn game if you want to, no need to nitpick.

For the last time, the real winners are the gamers who are getting both these kick ass games.

ahh, now i remember why i left this forum a while back.

Thanks for reminding me.

ive played halo 2.. the single player isnt bad, mp is gonna rock for sure, and i still love half life 2. if ya'll where true gamers you would get them both, ive got halo2 and gta sa so far. next is hl2.

Back