Half Life 2 - Warezed Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ordo Draconis

At last a 100% functional and automated retail release of the most anticipated sequel in PC games history.

As you have been struggling with the 101 fixes for the EMPORiO releases of this fantastic game, we have been working diligently to bring you this quality release which is deserved for a title of such magnitude.

Not only does this version work, it works FASTER, giving you a much better gameplay experience. Through a custom built Steam emulator, Vengeance allows you to play Half-Life 2 the way it is meant to be played. Files are directly streamed from the Valve Game Cache Files (GCF), allowing any Source Engine game to be played identical to the official Valve Steam Client. This means that you don't need to run Steam to play.

You can expect much shorter loading times and much smoother gameplay, without the need to tweak config files or to mess around with the AI Node Graph Rebuilds. Oh and did we mention, you dont have to extract 30,000+ fragmented files to play?

With patience and due time, we have recreated the installation CABs with the decrypted GCF files (resulting in smaller CD sizes) and modified the original installer to recognize the new CABs to allow for a fully autmoated installation. Combined with our hl2install to apply the cracks, extract the minimal essential game files and create the necessary shortcuts, Vengeance has finally brought to you a no-hassle, no-bullshit, fully working and unprecedented release of Half-Life 2.

:sniper:

And it looks like now they definetly have a better version then we do.

Are we going to let them do this? NO!!!! Down with the pirates!

The blowness here is... I'd like to try it on the copy I bought but I fear undue Valve-y retribution if "steam.ch" somehow eavesdrops the altered version. =/

Well, they're the ones who have to live with what they've done. So there.

Don't take this bad, but there's no need to make a thread about this. Even if it's not what you intended to do, you're just making publicity for Emporio and the warez version of Hl2.

This isnt the Emporio Version. Evidently this is released by VENG... Anywho.

I own Halflife2-but from what i hear VALVE needs to download this and apply there patchs to the retail version of halflife2. Supposeably it speeds up load times and the audio bug isnt their. Id get it to find out but i already got steam's GCFs takeing up 5 gigs of room.

Dench said:
Are we going to let them do this?
:dozey: do 'we' have a choice?

Vesh, dont touch it. No reason, really, and it is a real risk.

Those dumbasses.

They're going to have Re-warez again this week when the surprise comes....they should have waited. Oh well such stupidity doesn't surprise me.

I have a bad feeling Valve just shot themselves in the foot with this Steam thing :/ A pirated version that actually works better than the retail version - unprecedented. If people weren't inclined to buy HL2, well they aren't about to now. I mean, think about it, why pay for something that only causes way more hassles than it should, when you can get a hassle free free version - this is how people will be justifying pirating HL2, and sadly, I don't necessarily disagree with them.

:/ Right now, I'm feel really pissed and ripped off by Valve.

Hahahahahahahaha that's hilarious. They're coming into the forums and rubbing into the faces of people who are so anti-piracy they act like they would take a bullet for someone who works at Valve.

Lyrids said:
They're coming into the forums and rubbing into the faces of people
Those were not the posters words. He quoted but neglected to make any notation indicating what he did.

Mr-Fusion said:
Those dumbasses.

They're going to have Re-warez again this week when the surprise comes....they should have waited. Oh well such stupidity doesn't surprise me.

Well, all I gotta say, that surprise better be one hell of a surprise, to justify having to pay for all this steam bullshit :/

Yeah

There's going to be a special treat near launch or soon after for those who are upset that Counter-Strike Source is the only multiplayer offered out of the box. I'd hate to ruin the surprise but let's just say traditionalists will be happy even if it's just one map at first. Physics Cannon!

Mr-Fusion said:
Yeah

[/size]

Yeah well, if it's only HL2DM - sadly that's not going to be enough for most people. I'm just saying what I feel here. It's not like I'm anti-Valve or anything. As a long time Valve supporter, I'm just saddened by what they're doing to their fans lately :/

Crypkee said:
A pirated version that actually works better than the retail version - unprecedented.
It's not unprecedented. I think Morrowind (or some similar game) when it came out had a crack that improved performance quite a bit. That's why I'm interested in this one.

Personally I dont see cracking a game that I've bought as immoral. Stealing is immoral. Tweaking a bought product to perform better is just gearhead nature.

I think the performance gain should be the focus here, not the theft.

The warez release does not run better! Except perhaps the install vs retail.

They state plainly that their release runs identical to the official client. When they state it runs better, they're reffering to other pirate releases.

f|uke said:
The only way this release is better is that the install is easier the the multi-disc retail version.

They state plainly that their games run identical to the official client.

Did you read the first post? They claim:

"You can expect much shorter loading times and much smoother gameplay, without the need to tweak config files or to mess around with the AI Node Graph Rebuilds. Oh and did we mention, you dont have to extract 30,000+ fragmented files to play?"

This just leads me to believe that Steam really is the culprit to all of HL2's problems. I think Valve should seriously think about releasing a patch in the future that would allow HL2 to be played without Steam (of course after having registered HL2), or a much leaner offline version of Steam.

Crypkee said:
Did you read the first post? They claim:

"You can expect much shorter loading times and much smoother gameplay, without the need to tweak config files or to mess around with the AI Node Graph Rebuilds. Oh and did we mention, you dont have to extract 30,000+ fragmented files to play?"
the file extraction is just the installation. the rest I figured they were referring to the warez release but yah, I could be wrong.

Ordo Draconis said:
At last a 100% functional and automated retail release of the most anticipated sequel in PC games history.

As you have been struggling with the 101 fixes for the EMPORiO releases of this fantastic game, we have been working diligently to bring you this quality release which is deserved for a title of such magnitude.

Not only does this version work, it works FASTER, giving you a much better gameplay experience. Through a custom built Steam emulator, Vengeance allows you to play Half-Life 2 the way it is meant to be played. Files are directly streamed from the Valve Game Cache Files (GCF), allowing any Source Engine game to be played identical to the official Valve Steam Client. This means that you don't need to run Steam to play.

You can expect much shorter loading times and much smoother gameplay, without the need to tweak config files or to mess around with the AI Node Graph Rebuilds. Oh and did we mention, you dont have to extract 30,000+ fragmented files to play?

With patience and due time, we have recreated the installation CABs with the decrypted GCF files (resulting in smaller CD sizes) and modified the original installer to recognize the new CABs to allow for a fully autmoated installation. Combined with our hl2install to apply the cracks, extract the minimal essential game files and create the necessary shortcuts, Vengeance has finally brought to you a no-hassle, no-bullshit, fully working and unprecedented release of Half-Life 2.

:sniper:

And it looks like now they definetly have a better version then we do.

ZZZZZzzzzzz.........

yeh, they were just referring to the other warez releases, i didnt have to tweak config files or do something with the AI Node Graph or have to extract 30000 files on my retail version

That quote was from some guy who was right on about the gold date I believe. It was the guys last "post" on some forum on HL2.

Oddly, that was posted about 2 weeks BEFORE HL2 hit shelves. And now Valve has told us that there is a surpise. I think HL2DM is a good guess.

Personally I want a BF1942 like game of Resistance vs. Combine. But a HL2DM would be a good start to build that :)

it's kind of obvious that these guys are bullshiting to get more people to download from them. :p

fantasiser said:
yeh, they were just referring to the other warez releases, i didnt have to tweak config files or do something with the AI Node Graph or have to extract 30000 files on my retail version

Well, I guess until someone actually tests this thing, we won't know for sure. Any brave soul willing to give this one a try? Is it against board rules to post play experiences with pirated versions, even if we already own the game and payed for it?

The way I see it, (realizing that some Valve employees do read these boards) if there are reports that the pirated version actually works better than the retail version (especially by those people who have been experiencing problems playing the retail version), it might lead Valve to release a patch to all these HL2 problems much sooner.

fantasiser said:
yeh, they were just referring to the other warez releases
Dah. Right. I dont know why I was reading it the other way. Eh... I'll blame it on what time it is! Yeah, that's the ticket. =]

i hope people that have the game will grab this and get their accounts disabled... go valve.

Meh, I bought my copy of HL2.

BlackMesaDude it doesnt use Steam. Hence they cant.

Vesh said:
It's not unprecedented. I think Morrowind (or some similar game) when it came out had a crack that improved performance quite a bit. That's why I'm interested in this one.

Personally I dont see cracking a game that I've bought as immoral. Stealing is immoral. Tweaking a bought product to perform better is just gearhead nature.

I think the performance gain should be the focus here, not the theft.

I run steam-free thanks to a little command -steam and yes, It runs much much smoother, to those who don't know already, steam constantly sneaks a peek to check on you; which degrades performance.

About 2 days after buying HL2 the game suddenly closes and I get an error saying I lost connection to steam servers (funny how I need to be logged onto steam to play sp) 10 minutes of googling and 2 minutes to copy my HL2 folder to another directory and I've been steam free and stuttering free.

I'd also welcome any way to further improve performance, of course it would be short lived as soon as the MP games come out, but until then....

Dublo7 said:
BlackMesaDude it doesnt use Steam. Hence they cant.
As long as you dont run it while youre running Steam,. or Steam doesnt detect it in the registry..

I won't believe it till theres some actual confirmations, but if its true, its a sad day for the gaming industry and us customers

COMBO RICO said:
I won't believe it till theres some actual confirmations, but if its true, its a sad day for the gaming industry and us customers
Believe what? The release exists (and a warez release of hl2 should be no suprise)

a cracked version is expected. A more smooth, easier to install, glitch free etc warez version is something that would be a surprise (for me at least) and this is the first place i've heard of this so when there is official announcement of it or everyone starts talking about how they have it and how awesome it is, I'm not going to believe based on a single thread. Fluke, please give me a link to download it, if u say believe it. I already bought the game I'm not scared of virus or lawsuits.
Also I do think there is a need for this thread, it is to show us, if true, how all of us (including developers and everything business side) are getting screwed.

In my opinion, I'll choose the better version, don't care whatever crack or not. and yes the cracked one is better, I don't have to input CD, don't have to lauch steam, and best of all, no sound sluttering!!!!
SO VALVE, You will go down if you don't make us feel comfortable, that we are paying for!!!

COMBO RICO said:
this is the first place i've heard of this so when there is official announcement
The first post was word for word out of the released NFO. That said, I wont believe it runs significantly better untill further report.
Fluke, please give me a link to download it, if u say believe it.
Well, I say dont believe it yet. Dont request any warez here, no matter the circumstances.

link.. *chuckle*

Hey, that's pretty sweet though. I mean, the crackers are pretty damned intelligent, dilligent people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back